Puppy Teeth

giraffez

My little boy lost two teeth yesterday (there were two holes in place). This morning when i checked again, half of both tooth has already grown back!!!! Is it really that fast???? :thumbsup:

I wonder how many other tooth he lost that i missed!

Yep really that fast.

I'm going through the same. On Thursday morning both bottom canines were gone, by Friday both were clearly visible above gum level. Can't wait for her top canines to go now, they are so super sharp, I'm looking forward to the adult teggies.

Edited by Shel72

Archie lost his first tooth today ! I'll look out for his new one tomorrow ... :thumbsup:

hahaha yep, it'll be there tomorrow! The anticipation is almost like waiting for santa claus! :D

I'm really suspicious now which are the adult teeth and which are the puppy now. I could have missed it earlier! Do all of the teeth fall out or just the selected few when they changeover?

Edited by giraffez

hahahah

i noticed a smell in my pups mouth today. The vet did warn me that it could become smelly while it loses the teeth. Usually but what age would they have all lost the baby teeth? There are some teeth in his mouth i don't see it falling out anytime soon... its so intact!

another 2 dropped out today. He probably swallowed one and the other flew out as I was playing with him. The tooth is probably going to grow back by tomorrow morning!

He is still biting me - i was hoping for a couple of days of non biting with the puppy teeth out... fat chance that will happen since it grows like a beanstalk. I yell ouch and turn away (he doesn't care). Do they eventually grow out of it naturally?

I'd start now with not allowing biting.

When he goes to bite/nip grab (not roughly) his snout and slide the gum with your fingers into his mouth. He will soon stop as it is now hurting him. It doesn't have to be rough, and you'll miss many times, but keep it up.

Good luck.................

Edited by pesh

hahahah

i noticed a smell in my pups mouth today. The vet did warn me that it could become smelly while it loses the teeth. Usually but what age would they have all lost the baby teeth? There are some teeth in his mouth i don't see it falling out anytime soon... its so intact!

My eldest puppy (6 months) had bad breath for a couple of months which was basically due to losing teeth, its better now. But my youngest has the bad breath at the moment :) she has lost some, almost there!

hahahah

Some pups end up with bad breath due to teething...

You could try and give you pup some things that they need to chew... maybe pig ears... that seems to get the teeth moving in my house :laugh::vomit:

I found a puppy molar on her doona on the weekend. But like some others I have kept it, thinking 'cute' but no I don't know what to do with it. Silly human.

hahah yeah one flew out as i was playing with him. Its so microscopic.

Would giving bones during this time make the teeth crooked?

Not that I've ever experienced. The bones will help them removed pupy teeth and strengthen their jaws as the new ones grow. Like people babies they like something to grind when teething, pups just like something harder and bones are a good option.