Samoyed

Troy

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually bitches tend to be, well bitches.

I have found boys make much better pets, they seem sookier and more cuddly. I had to rehome one of my girls because she was so unpleasant with other dogs. My boys are all very gentle with children and a boy from my last litter when to a house of 5 kids under 10 and he's amazing with them. They use him as a pillow, dress him up etc

All of my boys are entire too and they don't mark around the house or anything like that. They lift their leg outside against trees and such but that doesn't bother me at all.

Edited by Bjelkier

We have had a family discussion, I think I am more girl because I miss my male so much and worry I am replacing him. We happy to go boy, I REALLY like the breeder, she is amazing, her pups are beautiful and a boy will be loved just as much, so we will go male :) :thumbsup:

Is the breeder Snowmyth by any chance?

I have a 48" for Skeeter... it's really big and can fit about 2 or 3 samoyed in there.

I got most of my metal crate from vebopets. They are 4 years old and they still in very good conditions.

Mine comes with plastic trays (easier to clean and replaed if need be) but I also have crate mats/bed for the crate too. You will find the Sams will prefer the plastic because it's cooler, Skeeter digs up his mat so he can sleep on the plastic part.

You can also try these guys

k9pro

I get my soft crates from them. I would get a metal crate from them but Mr W will kill me, my dogs all have 3 crates each :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I am new to this breed and really eager to learn and own a samoyed myself, and help or information would be great :) I'm after a female fully registered to show and possible one day breed :) I just adore these dogs and would love to ad one to my family. I'm located in the far north coast and would be happy to organise transport (or a holiday to find one)

Looking forward to everyone's reply :) thanks Nerissa

Hi Nerissa

Have you contacted any of the breeders listed on DOL yet?

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/breeders/samoyed.asp

Just a tip but if you are wanting a show quality girl be prepared to wait for quite awhile as breeders rarely give up their best bitches (we tend to keep them ourselves ;) )

I've been waiting for the perfect bitch to add to my breeding program for the last 4 years. Believe me it can take time if you want the best.

Good luck in your search.

Thank you for the quick reply, I have contacted a few from nsw but looks like I might have to expand my search. I realise that they want to keep the best, I would be happy to accept any that is fully registered :) I'm not to fussy just would prefer a female. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi bumbleb33

I can't say I know anyone with puppies at the moment and many of them have waiting lists. Best thing to do is contact a few breeders you like the sound of and wait for their next litter.

You could get lucky and only have to wait a short time.

Have a look at the breeders here: Samoyed Breeders

• 2 months later...