Bringing Poo Inside?

Oscar (AmBull)

My 17 week old Amstaff pup the last two days has been bringing dried up poo inside. We regularly pick up and bin his poo, we have no idea where he is getting it from. They are really solid though, but not white. He doesn't appear to be eating them just carrying them around leaving them places. He has access inside and out all the time so he just does it when he feels like it. What does this mean? why would he be doing this? He has a stack of toys and stuff, yet seems to want to play with his poo?

my missing bull terrier did that too for a while he would wait till my staffy did her business and occasionally eat it, totally gross i know, now i can only hope his bad habits come up to the surface again so that perhaps who ever has him will get sick of it and hand him in .

I'm not a dog psychologist, so I may be totally off track here.

But when Oscar goes poop outside, do you praise him heavily? Or did you do it when he was a younger puppy and no longer praise him for pooping outside?

Maybe he figures that if you are happy and excited when he has a poop, then it is a very good present to bring into the house to share with you?

I never thought about it like that. I guess he doesn't get as much praise as he was as most of the time he just goes off and does it himself without me even knowing (he has access to inside and outside all the time). He was starting to toilet inside a lot more due tothe weather so we have made an effort to try and reverse this and teach him the right place to go is outside, which has worked well. when he was around 10 weeks he started eating his poo however grew out of that within a week, and even now he isn't eating it just carrying it around and playing with it like a ball. I am sure it is just a phase, was just wondering if there was any reason he would be doing it.

Thanks for the input!

my missing bull terrier did that too for a while he would wait till my staffy did her business and occasionally eat it, totally gross i know, now i can only hope his bad habits come up to the surface again so that perhaps who ever has him will get sick of it and hand him in .

it seems a very common problem with bullies :happydance: , so fingers crossed he does it, and vomits it all back over whoever has him and they hand him in so you find him :happydance: