Lure Coursing 5/12

KitKat

Too hot - and committed elsewhere that day!

Might get up the courage to try again next year - but it seems Kaisie only chases the lure for a set distance -like about as far as the puppy run - then decides it's better just to run around, check out the scenery and return to me (like a good girl) while the lure just carries on merrily without her :(

Well, she HAS learned to come back, I guess!.

Maybe she is just not up to the task, not being a sight hound, that is??

cheers

The next one is on the 16th Januari!! so write it down on you calender now!

Pepper had a good run, escaped twice but surprisingly not points lost... Kila had a great run too. Unfortunally we had some showers but it was a good morning. Nice and cool

It is always a plastic bag lure but the dogs that prove interested don't seem to care. I think if you look up the website it will have the distance there...The link to the website is somewhere on this thread i think...

Edited to add...are there any more cocker owners who might be interested in this? i think a cocker fun run would be cool and they could give the beagles a run for their money!

Edited by KitKat

Hey did any one hear how booker tee did? we had to go coz i had to go to work. It was lovely weather for it, booker wasnt even very hot. Hey does Tybrax have staffies, if so booker might have some competition. Its over 9 months and the dogs can compete. The distance is about 400 meters but they reckon the dogs run about 500 meters because they dont follow the lure exactly.

Cheers A

I wish i could spell

:rolleyes:

Edited by luv_is_a_staffy

Because it is summer cup you do 3 courses over 3 month and the best 2 count. At discretion of the judge we were allowed to view our points...

Kila and Pepper both had 83 wich is lower than normal but that's probably because we had a new judge...

Tybrax has a pit bull so she won't be coming, she might come to watch if she can find a ride from the gold coast.

Edited by Dali-love