Permanent Adelaide Meets 2011

MsKatie

I'd love to come to the meet, but I'm a bit worried..

From what I can gather the dogs all run around and play nice while you all get to catch up and eat some yummy food

Hi Ashley - it might sound like that but - rest assured - this is not the way it always is :cry: ;)

Pete sounds like Rosie (my 18month old kelpie) - she can be in your face to other dogs and has spent the majority of the last couple of meets on leash :laugh: - she still gets a chance to meet and play with other dogs but she has unreliable (ok - just about non existent *L*) recall and can be pushy to other dogs. :)

There are some dogs that are a bit reactive and others that need a time out now and then - but there are also some that just run around and have a wonderful time - dogs are all different - as are their owners - but the wonderful thing about these meets is the fact that the owners are so supportive and understanding about the dogs - and keep an eye on each others dogs as well as their own. :laugh:

It would be great if they did all run around and play nicely while we sipped champagne :thumbsup: and nibbled on canapes :eek: but they don't - they don't however brawl or fight constantly - there have been a couple of slobber and teeth incidents with Rosie - she then went back on leash for a while.

We would love to meet you and Pete - we have a couple of us meeting on the 31st Jan to intro my new bloodhound pup to some other dogs - you are very welcome to come along to that on or to any of the other meets

Oh thank you for that, that makes me and my foolish youngster feel a lot more welcome :cry: i'd love to come on the 31st, just need to check if I can get the car from OH.

Hopefully Pete and Rosie will just stick to annoying each other :o

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd love to come to the meet, but I'm a bit worried..

From what I can gather the dogs all run around and play nice while you all get to catch up and eat some yummy food

Hi Ashley - it might sound like that but - rest assured - this is not the way it always is :cry: ;)

Pete sounds like Rosie (my 18month old kelpie) - she can be in your face to other dogs and has spent the majority of the last couple of meets on leash :laugh: - she still gets a chance to meet and play with other dogs but she has unreliable (ok - just about non existent *L*) recall and can be pushy to other dogs. :)

There are some dogs that are a bit reactive and others that need a time out now and then - but there are also some that just run around and have a wonderful time - dogs are all different - as are their owners - but the wonderful thing about these meets is the fact that the owners are so supportive and understanding about the dogs - and keep an eye on each others dogs as well as their own. :laugh:

It would be great if they did all run around and play nicely while we sipped champagne :thumbsup: and nibbled on canapes :eek: but they don't - they don't however brawl or fight constantly - there have been a couple of slobber and teeth incidents with Rosie - she then went back on leash for a while.

We would love to meet you and Pete - we have a couple of us meeting on the 31st Jan to intro my new bloodhound pup to some other dogs - you are very welcome to come along to that on or to any of the other meets

Oh thank you for that, that makes me and my foolish youngster feel a lot more welcome :cry: i'd love to come on the 31st, just need to check if I can get the car from OH.

Hopefully Pete and Rosie will just stick to annoying each other :o

Pfft - I will be the judge of that If I cannot pick him up and smuggle him into the Jazz only then is he too big to steal

I shall bring my camera - that should make for good photos :eek:

No way! I am not having you having evidence of my crime!

I only hope a year off of DOL meets and a bit more maturity has made Louie a bit easier for other pups to handle :mad

Looking forward to catching up with everyone and sharing the wrinkly and slobberly bloodhound cuddles with you all :mad

*Note to self - set up video camera to tape PugHugger dragging Earl to her car - for Funniest Home Videos*

No joke - he does the floppy boneless dog act - I had to push him across the carpet towards the door to get him out for a pee before bed - it was like trying to move a small hippo :eek:

I hope you've been training him to run really fast Pete.the dog.

I can get Rosie to test his speed - she's pretty darn fast

I only hope a year off of DOL meets and a bit more maturity has made Louie a bit easier for other pups to handle

They will be so busy trying to work out what the hell Earl is he will slip under the radar :o

I also think it would be a good idea for Pete to have a meet where he can settle in and get to know the other dogs before I take up Pete.the.dog's offer to use him in a trial, to see if Justice is still showing aggression. I hope you've been training him to run really fast Pete.the dog. :o Sorry, couldn't help myself. :eek:

hahaha I've trained Pete to see a picture of Justice and :mad

Ooh - baby puppy bloodhound cuddles! How exciting!

I should be able to make it on the 31st....depends on the weather a bit since my fluffballs just about melt in anything hotter than 30 degrees but as long as its not too hot I'll be there! :eek:

It feels like ages since I've made it to a meet...we still meet up around 12 right?

ETA: Would love to meet Pete too Pete.the.dog! From your avatar pic he looks very cute!

Edited by Fluffypaws

:eek: I'm sure Pete is still gorgeous...even if that is a puppy pic of him. My avatar pic is of Luka as a puppy - he looks a lot different now!

I meant to add - looking forward to meeting you as well as meeting Pete! :o It's always good to meet the people behind the usernames as well as meet everyone else's doggies! :mad

I'll probably just be bringing Maddie to this one. Not quite sure how it happened ... but we now have a senior Crestie girl, Pepper, added to our clan! :flame: . She's about 9 and very shy and I think a meet could be a bit much for her. Sarge doesn't always enjoy himself in the outside world so I'm thinking that he and Pepper can veg out at home and look after each other.

Fluffypaws, I still have your calendar at the shop! Completely forgot to give it to you when you came in! I'll bring it with me on the 31st, hopefully you and the fluffsters can make it :)

Looking forward to meeting the new people and their pooches too ;)

That's Ok - she can eat Earl if he keeps getting me up at 5 o'clock in the morning :sleep: and then taking himself back to bed for a couple more hours snoozing :sleep::curtsey:

J/K - she'd choke on the excess skin :heart:

Edited by KelpieHoundMum