Permanent Adelaide Meets 2011

MsKatie

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK wont be at the Jan 3rd one as i will be about 50 nautical miles off shore fishing... But will endevour to get to the Feb one..

Hope you all had a happy and safe New year EVE party.. Iknow that I am still recovering as we didnt go to bed till New Years Day at 2pm heheh

Well it was a very quiet meet...only four people and 5 dogs were there. Me and my OH with Spot and Peggie, LWC with Sasha and yellowgirl with Maddie and Sarge. But the dogs had fun playing chase the ball and we had a lovely chat. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to come to the one in Feb, pups should be old enough for me to leave at home, the only difficult thing will be who to bring with me, if hubby comes I can bring 2, but then 3 will be left at home :eat: Shall wait and see closer to the day, it will make decision easier if one is in season. Dixi should stay with pups so guess she may make the march one

Dammit - just realised I can't make the 7th - I will be at the Day on the Green :o - if anyone is interested in coming down on the 31st JAn I would really like to intro Earl :thumbsup:

ETA - change of dates as the 14th is Valentines Day

Edited by KelpieHoundMum

I am so planning on coming to steal Earl, um I mean give Earl a cuddle

He is very huggable - but he's probably too bloody heavy to steal *LOL*

Pfft - I will be the judge of that :) If I cannot pick him up and smuggle him into the Jazz only then is he too big to steal :rofl:

Hi all,

I'd love to come to the meet, but I'm a bit worried..

From what I can gather the dogs all run around and play nice while you all get to catch up and eat some yummy food :laugh:

My concern is that Pete's recall around doggies is terrible, and I don't want to cause any problems for other DOLers. He's not aggressive at all, but can get a bit in your face wanting dogs to play with him

:thumbsup:

I'm not sure what the meets are like, but just wanted to get some advice before I commit

Hopefully I will get to meet you all, whether it is sooner or later,

Ashley :laugh:

I'd love to come to the meet, but I'm a bit worried..

From what I can gather the dogs all run around and play nice while you all get to catch up and eat some yummy food

Hi Ashley - it might sound like that but - rest assured - this is not the way it always is :cry: ;)

Pete sounds like Rosie (my 18month old kelpie) - she can be in your face to other dogs and has spent the majority of the last couple of meets on leash :laugh: - she still gets a chance to meet and play with other dogs but she has unreliable (ok - just about non existent *L*) recall and can be pushy to other dogs. :)

There are some dogs that are a bit reactive and others that need a time out now and then - but there are also some that just run around and have a wonderful time - dogs are all different - as are their owners - but the wonderful thing about these meets is the fact that the owners are so supportive and understanding about the dogs - and keep an eye on each others dogs as well as their own. :laugh:

It would be great if they did all run around and play nicely while we sipped champagne :thumbsup: and nibbled on canapes :eek: but they don't - they don't however brawl or fight constantly - there have been a couple of slobber and teeth incidents with Rosie - she then went back on leash for a while.

We would love to meet you and Pete - we have a couple of us meeting on the 31st Jan to intro my new bloodhound pup to some other dogs - you are very welcome to come along to that on or to any of the other meets