?itchy Skin/allergy Or Both

BANDAR

can you please share your informatino as I could only find some generic information:

"Vets All Natural Complete Mix contains a combination of mixed cereal grains, dried vegetables and fruit, dried garlic, dried wheat grass, calcium, yeast, kelp, lecithin and vitamin C powder.

It is available in a puppy, adult dog, cat and weight loss formula. The mix is designed to be reconstituted by soaking in an equal volume of water and then mixed with raw meat.

1kg will combine to feed an average 20kg dog for at least 2 weeks. If you feed other food such as bones then 1kg will last much longer."

Thanks Holly for the link. :(

Dare I say it but I think my girl is looking a little better ( all fingers and toes crossed). The scratching and chewing seem to be less and the big sore is looking drier and like the healing process may finally be starting.

Just a quick question ( if you guys don't mind)??? How long does commerical dry food stay in the dogs system??? I am thinking if the dry food is now out of her system then maybe I am dealing with a food allergy ... any thoughts??

Coat is still looking pretty dry and quite brittle to touch, sorry still no pictures we think our computer is playing up.

Thanks heaps

Bandar :laugh:

Bandar

that is good news about your girl getting better. With the dry coat, have you got some pure Omega Oils? I use that for my dogs on BARF. Also, dehydration, if the dog is hot, can make the coat brittle, I have also heard a few tablespoons of Apple Cidar Vinegar in the drinking water helps to cool a dog down. For my BARF dogs, I also feed them Feramo supplement, it contains:

Vitamin B1 2 500mg

Vitamin B2 2 250mg

Vitamin B6 250mg

Vitamin B12 2 500 micrograms

Vitamin D3 1.5mg

Vitamin E 1 500mg

Calcium 750mg

Retinol 187.5mg

Yeast 150g

Iron

Amino Acid 2 457mg

Manganese 180mg Oxide 1 300mg

Carbonate 225mg

Sulfate 90mg

As for detox, I am no scientist, but I have seen dogs go down hill within an hour of eating a food allergen and improve again within 24 hours, I would say 3 days seems to show a marked improvement.

I bought a bag of Turkey and Rice Advance on Thursday, as the large bites C/Rice seemed to make my dog itch and the eyes go gunky again, whereas the small bites didn't, I noticed by yesterday the itching had decreased a fair bit. Advance, to their credit, have asked for a sample of small and large bites to be sent off for testing, for they stated that only the size of the bites had changed and not the ingredients.

Stayed tuned.

Edited by holly

Hi Bandar

Not sure if this applies, but I was having problems with Cody getting ear infections and dandruff, and the vet suggested allergies as we couldn't clear it up. Anyway, it appears that my hydrobathing him every 4 weeks was stripping all the natural oils from his coat and reducing his resistence. I have been instructed by the vet to only bath him every couple of months. Especially during high allergy season. Fortunately for me he is an indoor dog so he doesn't get too dirty.

Sue