More Natural Source Of Omega-6

Prydenjoy

Thank you so much Mita :(

I think Emu oil and fish oils are two oils that you could rotate for maximum benefits. Fish oil is higher in omega 3, which is important to add to their diet as otherwise there is an imbalance of omega 3-6! When mum gave me the Emu oil she specifically said it was for ME, not for the dogs... she knows everything I get ends up being used for the dogs! :mad

I use Emu Oil for so many things!

I have arthritis startig up in one of my fingers and it helps ease that.

One of my pups had a skin condition..... within 8 days he has a good amount of nice fluff growing back.

blah blah i could go on forever about this stuff. It is brilliant. (Though I don'y use the above brand.

Not sure if they have it, but I use the pure emu oil. Doesn't smell pretty, but it isn't offensive either. :mad

I've got a catalogue and I think when anyone asks me what I want for christmas I will say anything out of that!

Did you use it internally or externally for your pup? I'm actually amazed at how quickly its cleared up my eczema! I emailed the company, asking if it needed to be refrigerated to prevent the EFAs from going rancid, they called me back today and were very helpful! They said just to keep it out of the sun, in a cupboard was a good place :confused:

Do you use one from a different company, or a different type of emu altogether? Its all very confusing, but in the pamphlets its got some studies done preparing it to different emu oils (there was the Emu Spirit, Emu... Outback or something, etc) and it rated better than the others in all areas. I would assume though, that if any company were to market Emu Oil they'd be using the good one!

I use the emu spirit oil all the time.

When I moved down to Melbourne, my bully came out with allergic welts. I gave him a teaspoon a day and rubbed it on the skin. He was better within the week.

It is great for any type of skin problem both orally and topically.

It clears up hot spots quicker than any vet product I have ever used.

Great for any itchiness, dandruff, dry coat/skin.

I use it on myself too. Great for sunburn as it is an anti inflammatory.

Thumbs up for emu oil!!

Myszka, you can order it from the web page.

I'm glad I found it, Diego has a show this weekend, I just noticed some red on his belly, probably from speeding through the long grass at like 50km/hour, so I just rubbed some on and its already looking better :thumbsup:

Could I please have the makes of the brands you guys use , and how much does it cost and where can I get it ?

I get terribly itchy skin , borderline eczema curtesy of childhood eczema but it drives me nuts , feels like pin pricks and if you scratch it it gets a 100 times worse,

I've tried lots of creams , non soap products etc but most only help a little , I'd like to try this Emu oil if it's not to expensive :laugh:

I'm off to Cairns so I'll have a chance to shop for it , but if I have a brand name it will help

Ta :(

Christina, first off I want to say I love your avator and signature! LOL, I just emailed it to my dad, I'm sure he'll have a good laugh! We are Mac lovers all the way :D

Yes, it is fairly expensive, but well worth the money! I used to spend up to $15-20 a week on creams and stuff, I've changed my diet etc now so its not as bad, but the Emu oil will last a long time if you use it sparingly (which I haven't been, but I will be now!). You need to use a little bit more when you first start using it, but then when you start getting better and there are only a couple of itchy bits you only have to use a tiny amount and rub it in once or twice a day. Also, taken internally it helps the itchyness not crop up at all, and you only take a little bit that way.

I also recommend the soap, provided you don't have dry skin on your face you can even use it to wash your face, it is light and works well. You'd need one of those soap things though if your soap holder fills up with water at all, it goes mushy pretty easily.

(Did that last bit just make any sense??? :( I know what I mean! :laugh: )

Hi Jeanne,

a yes the avator pic, I'm just about to install Linux as well, 2 hard drives now so I'll see how it goes, I have XP pro , but W98 used to give me hell :thumbsup::confused:

I know what you mean about the soap going gluggy, Dove soap does that and I have to keep telling the boys to LEAVE my soap alone in its dish, I'm sick of them using it and putting it back on the shower tray for it to get all sloppy.

I didn't get a chance to find any Emu oil products , we ended up having to wait hours for our Dr. appointments so we just went home after , all that driving and no shopping ! It's a sin !

a yes the avator pic, I'm just about to install Linux as well, 2 hard drives now so I'll see how it goes, I have XP pro , but W98 used to give me hell :thumbsup::confused:

Slightly off-topic ... I'm on a linux machine now. It can be great, and there are some awesome programs out there, but it's tricky to make sure that any new components you buy (DVD burner, scanner, printer...) are compatible. Usually some clever person has written a driver to help you, but it's best to stick with the bigger brands rather that cheap manufacturers ... good luck installing Linux!

And back on-topic, thanks for this thread. Mum gets terrible eczema ... I'll let her know about this stuff! She uses some expensive cream that she buys here in Canberra, olive-oil-based I think, that works well but at about $40 a tub she's keen to try something else. Like so many sufferers, she's tried almost everything under the sun, but still swears by garlic! :eek:

We use Emu spirit emu oil capsules as a supplement to aid coat growth in our poodles. We have just started using Fidos Emu oil shampoo. Between shows it leaves the coat soft and conditioned, no dry skin which can happen with frequent washing.

Like so many sufferers, she's tried almost everything under the sun, but still swears by garlic! :confused:

LOL, that would be great... except.... I'm allergic to garlic! :eek:

Capanash, I was wondering weather there was any emu oil dog shampoo's available, I was actually going to email the site and ask about it! Is there a web page for it? Where do you get it?

I have Mac OS X - not a single problem yet, so simple to use, no angry moods at a stupid computer that wont do what I want it to, just pure excellence! :thumbsup: