Pitbull Saves Toddler.

Guest rhapsodical78

Guest rhapsodical78

This video is worth watching. The guy is obviously very emotional, so some of the stuff he says would probably be considered inappropriate, but I think it really demonstrates the loyalty and intelligence of the Pit.

Some of the stuff could be considered inappropriate, but i can see his fustration and can just imagine the comments people would make daily about his killer Pitbull.

Great video and even greater dog.

I found it odd that the kid had apparently only earlier in the day been nearly hung and yet appears to not have a mark on him! I'd be getting my kid checked at the Hospital not making a vid for youtube.

The guys emotion seems almost fake to me, I actually think the story is made up.

I found it odd that the kid had apparently only earlier in the day been nearly hung and yet appears to not have a mark on him! I'd be getting my kid checked at the Hospital not making a vid for youtube.

I actually thought exactly the same thing...but then I thought...maybe he was only hanging for a split sec and it was just coincidence with timing? :thumbsup:

Regardless...that raw emotion (not the tears...the whole 'fall off a cliff and die' and the whole shot gun thing) to me makes him seem a little unstable.

To uneducated people who want to point fingers at the pitbull, will instantly point fingers to owners like that and say the same thing: 'aggressive breed. Aggressive owners...blah blah' well that's what I think anyway. (Not sure if I made my point clear there).

Anyone willing to take a guess as to why his ears have been snipped? (whatever the technical term for that is)

Is that often done in the states just for the heck of it?

Guest rhapsodical78

I actually thought exactly the same thing...but then I thought...maybe he was only hanging for a split sec and it was just coincidence with timing? :rolleyes:

Regardless...that raw emotion (not the tears...the whole 'fall off a cliff and die' and the whole shot gun thing) to me makes him seem a little unstable.

To uneducated people who want to point fingers at the pitbull, will instantly point fingers to owners like that and say the same thing: 'aggressive breed. Aggressive owners...blah blah' well that's what I think anyway. (Not sure if I made my point clear there).

Anyone willing to take a guess as to why his ears have been snipped? (whatever the technical term for that is)

Is that often done in the states just for the heck of it?

It does make him sound a little unstable . . . if you don't take into account the emotion involved in the scenario. When people are angry, in shock or upset, they will often say things they wouldn't ordinarily say.

Is it made up? Who knows, really. The guy's emotion seemed genuine to me, though.

In America it's pretty common for dogs of many different breeds to have their ears cropped.

I don't think it really matters if it's true or not. Just the same as the "Pit Bull attack" - articles well, it could be.

All you can see in the video is a completely relaxed dog around a toddler and his master playing with it's mouth.

Media is flooding the papers with attacks of alleged "Pit Bull-Type" dogs so this might be the best answer.

Who knows if he really saved the life of the baby, but the video certainly gives the impression, no doubt he would. (me thinks anyway :rolleyes:)

People here seem very distrusting regarding positive news about the breeds which are the preferred target of media. But positive news like this one get stuck in (some) peoples minds. And are at least as likely to be true as the bad ones.

Guest rhapsodical78
I don't think it really matters if it's true or not. Just the same as the "Pit Bull attack" - articles well, it could be.

All you can see in the video is a completely relaxed dog around a toddler and his master playing with it's mouth.

Media is flooding the papers with attacks of alleged "Pit Bull-Type" dogs so this might be the best answer.

Who knows if he really saved the life of the baby, but the video certainly gives the impression, no doubt he would. (me thinks anyway :laugh:)

People here seem very distrusting regarding positive news about the breeds which are the preferred target of media. But positive news like this one get stuck in (some) peoples minds. And are at least as likely to be true as the bad ones.

Really well put. :rolleyes:

Not once have I ever made a negative comment regarding the APBT!! My post also says nothing negative about the dog but personally I do think the bloke is telling porkies which is what my comment was about. Owning Bullies and a Pittyx I am well aware of the negativity that surrounds certain breeds.

I agree that it is great to hear some positive publicity about the breed, the negative stuff will always in the media too.

The dog in the vid appears to be a great example of the breed and I don't think anybody would dispute that. I think sometimes people read too much into some comments that are posted.

Not once have I ever made a negative comment regarding the APBT!!

If that was directed to me, I never thought you did. Sorry, if my comment came accross like that :confused:

No it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I understood exactly what you were saying in your earlier post.

Not once have I ever made a negative comment regarding the APBT!!

If that was directed to me, I never thought you did. Sorry, if my comment came accross like that :confused:

No it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I understood exactly what you were saying in your earlier post.