Finnish Lapphund

Troy

Great info and beautiful pictures guys thanks. Is there anywhere to get Lapphunds in Western Australia?

Hi Lobostar - there are a couple of WA breeders listed on DOL - check here - http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/breede...sh-lapphund.asp

Mirawee is on this forum, so you could always send her a PM and possibly arrange to meet some Lappies some time.

I think the chances of there being any more pups actually born in WA for quite some time is fairly slim though. But most people over there who have a Lappie have got them from breeders in the Eastern States and I don't know of any breeder who isn't prepared to transport (not that there isn't one - just that I haven't heard of any :) )

Edited by armahani

One litter was born in WA recently.

One of the puppies was flown to SA and I've met her.

Lovely girl.

Most of the Lappie breeders here are in eastern states.

Hi Lobostar, Esky the Husky is talking of my girl.

Like Armahani said you could send Mirawee a private message on here to try and arrange to meet some or Findol where my pup just recently came from have 4 lappies and two of them are 4 month old puppies if you would like to see pups. You could phone Ric' for a chat and he will happily talk lappies all day.

Great info and beautiful pictures guys thanks. Is there anywhere to get Lapphunds in Western Australia?

There are only 2 people with breeding bitches in WA (and I am no longer one of them LOL). Ric had a litter recently and I have no idea if he is planning on rebreeding. Trudiann will be breeding her girl next season though so there will hopefully be Lappy puppies in WA in about 6 months.

ETA: but I would be happy to help you organise to meet Lappies in the flesh if you want :)

Edited by mirawee

Thanks for the quick responses guys and gals.

What a good forum I've come across! 6 months is not an issue, as I'm still trying to decide on the right breed and then breeder for my future pup. Before that my fiancee and I will be moving into a new home in around 3-4 months and I won't be making a final decision until we know the size of the house we're moving into.

Really 6 months may be not enough time, really depends on what she and I find out.

So I guess I'm just in the researching phase! (And I hope you guys don't mind that).

I've never imported a pup (or even considered it), but are there any quarantine regulations from state to state?

How do the pups go with the flight so soon after leaving their family?

Edit: Oh and as far as meeting some Lappy pups, we would love to!

Edited by Lobostar

There is no quarantine within Australia :mad I am expecting my new Lappy pup to come from Queensland to NSW on Saturday :cry: I've had Cavalier pups from interstate before and have also sent them. They seemed to travel well.

:cry:

I'm in the research stage too.

These folk have all been very patient with all my questions.

Once you meet a Lappie you'll be hooked, trust me :)

Come and say hello in the Spitz breed thread. Lots of people there who love their Lappies (and huskies and samoyeds and vallhunds and akitas :mad)

Plus there are LOTS of photos to tide you over until you can get a puppy fix :(

Hi guys,

I'm also quite interested in the lappies :laugh: Obviously. I was just wondering if someone could tell me whether there will be lots at the Ekka tomorrow and around what time they'd be on? I've had a look at the schedule online... But I have no idea about showing and have never been to shows or the Ekka and have no idea what all the numbers mean?! It says they're number 10 on the day? I really don't want to miss them

Hi guys,

I'm also quite interested in the lappies :laugh: Obviously. I was just wondering if someone could tell me whether there will be lots at the Ekka tomorrow and around what time they'd be on? I've had a look at the schedule online... But I have no idea about showing and have never been to shows or the Ekka and have no idea what all the numbers mean?! It says they're number 10 on the day? I really don't want to miss them

Entries are very small at the Ekka for the Lappies this year, sorry :) . But you should at least see a few there. When they are on in the ring honestly depends on how many entries there are for the breeds before them. But you can see them anytime during the day. They'll be benched in the dog paviliion and that is a good time to find them, have a chat to their owners and a cuddle if you are lucky :mad

Thankyou Armahani, I'm so excited to see all the dogs, but the lappies especially :mad I think I'm going to be spending the whole day at the dog pavilion, lol.

Not sure if you'd remember me, but I actually emailed(probably annoyed) you about lappies around a month ago :laugh:

Thankyou Armahani, I'm so excited to see all the dogs, but the lappies especially ;) I think I'm going to be spending the whole day at the dog pavilion, lol.

Not sure if you'd remember me, but I actually emailed(probably annoyed) you about lappies around a month ago :)

Never annoyed! :rofl: I love talking Lappies :rofl: Feel free to "annoy" me anytime :laugh:

I hope you have fun seeing them and get lots of cuddles. Not a great way to talk yourself out of them though :mad

:laugh:

I'm in the research stage too.

These folk have all been very patient with all my questions.

Once you meet a Lappie you'll be hooked, trust me :rofl:

Come and say hello in the Spitz breed thread. Lots of people there who love their Lappies (and huskies and samoyeds and vallhunds and akitas :mad)

Plus there are LOTS of photos to tide you over until you can get a puppy fix :)

I will do just that!

<I hope you have fun seeing them and get lots of cuddles. Not a great way to talk yourself out of them though >

Definitely not! :) I met my first Lappie years ago. I'd never heard of the breed but this gorgeous boy came up and just won me over. Then when I started looking into the breed seriously I went to meet some more Lappies and met his dad who was just like him.