Dachshund

Troy

Hi there.

Need advise: I've got a Rabbit Smooth-haired Dachshund dog. It is very rare breed, I've brought her from overseas. Now I want to find a "boyfriend" for her to get puppies but there is a problem - she is very small (according to a breed - up to 3-3,5 kg for a bitch)only 3 kg.

So if somebody knows breeder with a small Dachshund dog and let me know I'd be highly appreciated.

Thnx.

as you have already been advised the Breed is not recognised in Australia therefore no one from this forum (a purebred forum) will be offering you a dog at stud.

They can not be registered in Australia and you are just going to add to the ever increasing population of dogs that end up in the pounds :D with your cross bred dogs

What Australia needs a 'Rare' breed that you are hoping to make some money out of, and really if you want the breed recognised in Australia import a male and approach the canine association in your state to find out how to introduce a new recognised breed. You 'rare' breed will only be producing cross bred mutts as you do not have a male and female of the same breed, so you cant really be selling them as 'rare' breeds :D

I have found a link via Google

Link to Rabbit Dachshund

as you have already been advised the Breed is not recognised in Australia therefore no one from this forum (a purebred forum) will be offering you a dog at stud.

They can not be registered in Australia and you are just going to add to the ever increasing population of dogs that end up in the pounds :) with your cross bred dogs

What Australia needs a 'Rare' breed that you are hoping to make some money out of, and really if you want the breed recognised in Australia import a male and approach the canine association in your state to find out how to introduce a new recognised breed. You 'rare' breed will only be producing cross bred mutts as you do not have a male and female of the same breed, so you cant really be selling them as 'rare' breeds :rofl:

I have found a link via Google

Link to Rabbit Dachshund

Thanks for answer!

Yes, that is my dog (your link)

I didn't want to make some money out of it... I just wanted to have a puppy... not for sale!

It is very expensive to bring in a dog in Australia, I cannot afford to order a male one... :rofl:

• 5 years later...

Hi I have a12yr old female dachshund she has started urinating on her bed every day she doesn't have a infection I'm thinking it might be old age has anyone else had this problem any ideas I can do she has been so good for years and always gone outside to do her business, Debbie

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi guys. I am after some assistance. We are looking at purchasing a mini dash at the moment through a person who knows several friends of our. She is claiming that the pups for sale are pure breed, however we have some reservations. Would any please assist with their view after looking at the attached pics.

post-55031-0-37030700-1472284057_thumb.jpg

post-55031-0-38831600-1472284080_thumb.jpg

Hi guys. I am after some assistance. We are looking at purchasing a mini dash at the moment through a person who knows several friends of our. She is claiming that the pups for sale are pure breed, however we have some reservations. Would any please assist with their view after looking at the attached pics.

pics of parents

post-55031-0-31155200-1472284186_thumb.jpg

pics of parents

mum

post-55031-0-69788200-1472284243_thumb.jpg