Canon Photo5 Competition

Ashanali

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that will help?

Challenge Description

Technique Challenge: Loosely defined, bokeh is the quality and "feel" of the out-of-focus foreground or background elements of a photo. It isn't very interesting by itself, but take a photograph whose subject is enhanced by the bokeh of the background.

http://www.dpchallenge.com/challenge_resul...HALLENGE_ID=297

Haven't got mine yet but I wanted to ask about the bokeh challenge. those cut out star thingies, will they make the dots of light star shaped? Is that what happens?

Exactly.

In the little booklet you get they have some examples. Its a very cool effect.

They also, (thank god) give you suggestions on your camera settings!

I had some fun tonight with photographing the Riverfire (fireworks display) from a nearby hill. I used the Bokeh filter thingos and I have to say they are extremely frustrating until you get the hang of them!

It explains it all in the book but it won't work unless you have your distance at something fairly considerable (I couldn't get the effect under 150mm). You must also have the lights out of focus. The effect will show up in your viewfinder if you have live view so fiddle about until you get it. I can't post photos ATM because I'm on a Mac with limited download and I can't work out how to do it yet.

I got the F111s doing a dump and burn :thumbsup:

I had some fun tonight with photographing the Riverfire (fireworks display) from a nearby hill. I used the Bokeh filter thingos and I have to say they are extremely frustrating until you get the hang of them!

It explains it all in the book but it won't work unless you have your distance at something fairly considerable (I couldn't get the effect under 150mm). You must also have the lights out of focus. The effect will show up in your viewfinder if you have live view so fiddle about until you get it. I can't post photos ATM because I'm on a Mac with limited download and I can't work out how to do it yet.

I got the F111s doing a dump and burn :thumbsup:

We want to see a pic :laugh:

:rolleyes: