Canon Photo5 Competition

Ashanali

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know two finalists in the portrait category (the girl in the picture frame hanging from the tree and the 'reverse portrait' looking through the glasses to the kids playing on the beach)... I only pulled out three of those photos and said, "wow" when I was looking through all the finalists.

I agree - I think the judges have tried too hard to find their finalists this year and overlooked some great work.

This is what I voted for

Bokeh: "Alleyeska Photo5 Bokeh" - I like that they didn't stick to something easy and even though it isn't sharp, it still works and has great colour, composition and a "magical" appeal.

Close up: "100's and 1000's" (the one on the spiderweb) - The brief was "close up" and how much more close up can you get? You can even see bead on the spider's webbing.

Portrait: I was torn. I loved my friend's one with the photo frame but I also love, "Black, White and Read All Over" - that is what got my vote. Very effective use of negative space and creative portrait.

Splat: "Bathe My Way" - How can you not love this? In the midst of all that colour and chaos, the photographer has still been able to draw your eye in to the pink milk splash. That is skilled.

Practically Black: "lawrencew" (the one in the ballarat alley way). The brief said they were looking for dark and moody and this is. It is excellent in terms of composition and there is still detail in the shadows. It's skillfully seen and captured.

Is there a way to scroll through them without having to individually open and close each photo you want to see?

I dont think so Kirislin

I loved this one for the splat brief http://www.flickr.com/photos/hueystar/4051173185/

TerraNik I thought the same thing when I saw the eyelashes

If you have a read of the blog on the photo5 website most people have said they are dissapointed with the choices.

I'm so glad I did it though. Made me definately think outside the square.

Edited by becandcharch

I loved yours Beck but I scrolled through a few pages and couldn't find your lovers. I think it would be very hard to submit something that was noticed, it's a bit like a lottery, just so many entries, you've got to be very lucky, as well as submit a very good entry, to win.

• 2 weeks later...