Canon Photo5 Competition

Ashanali

I just got emailed this but the video wont work! Anyone else having trouble?

Maybe its because everyone was emailed it at once and are trying to watch it??

Congratulations on being part of EOS Photo5 2009. This year for the first time we are giving you a little extra inspiration and some tips to get you going on the briefs.

Over the next 4 weeks we will be launching a series of videos on the site, one from each of the EOS Photo5 judges. The videos will give you an insight into the judge's style of photography and what they are looking for in your entries.

The first video is from Chris Bray on this year's most experimental brief: 'Bokeh'.

http://www1.canon.com.au/worldofeos/learn/...with-bokeh.aspx

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to watch the link they sent me. Now I cant wait till it gets dark and start practicing. :laugh:

I have so many ideas in my head as to what shoot in this competition, but getting it from my head to actually shooting it, is the hard bit. :rofl:

eta, yep that link works for me bec. :heart:

Edited by Bindi~Boo

Got mine and OH's yesterday. I don't think OH quite understands the Bokeh...neither do I really. Can any smart DOLers answer my questions?

Do you attach the Bokeh right onto the lense?

Will it work with a non SLR/DSLR camera? [i have a Pana Lumix FZ-28]

Do you zoom the lense out or leave it in?

You attach the bokeh hood straight onto the lens - you need to switch it to manual focus though because the lens may try to focus on the hood rather than on what you want to focus on and it can be done at any focal length but it's better if you use a lens over 50mm because it doesn't work particularly well with a wide angle lens. I'm not sure if you can use it with a point and shoot - i would think that you would need a camera that manually focuses and I'm not sure if your camera does it.

ETA: If i was you, i would try and see what happens!

Edited by ~*Shell*~