Canon Photo5 Competition

Ashanali

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh I know all the ideas I have will have been done, originality is almost impossible I think

I did have fun with some shooting today, the results weren't wow, but I'm sure I'll manage to go with something, if not I can see clearer where I can make some improvements :rofl:

I can highly recommend just taking some pics :rofl: ... if that's any help to anyone :) ... even if you think they've been done

I had my first go today..

I agree with Clicking Mad - Just start taking some pics. I like this one but dont think its clever enough. It did give me some ideas of another shots to do.

Surprise surprise I used my dog!

I like to call it .. Tax Time :laugh:

3965070217_de396904e2.jpg

OMG this is great! I love it!! Love the caption too! :laugh:

Aww poor Bindi!! She is just itching for that blob to drop into her mouth :rofl:

I could not stop laughing when I was taking this. He looked so funny because the shirt was massive on him. he reminded me of E.T when they wrapped him up :eek:

If anyone else needs their tax done, Charch comes very cheap. Hes happy for you to pay him in liver treats.

haha cool you guys!!

see what did I tell you about originality? - bec, that's the same shot I took, minus the shirt and swap the dog for a dalmatian :rofl:

I named mine: "The unhappy white collar worker" or there's another I've titled: "The Mad Scientist" :eek:

I think I may submit one of mine ... not sure, last year I took heaps of practise shots then changed everything, took more shots, and ended up submitting the later ones, but regretted not going with the first idea :eek:

I actually had to do some research on how to tie a tie - went via google, then youtube had a video ... how's that for dedication! oh and I had to make a special trip to buy the tie in the first place! And I bought the back-drop (black sheet)!

Is that Charch? How did he enjoy the photoshoot, he looks pretty happy to me :mad eta: oops he obviously enjoyed himself with liver treats :cry:

So do your guys Bindi :eek:

Edited by Clicking Mad

haha cool you guys!!

see what did I tell you about originality? - bec, that's the same shot I took, minus the shirt and swap the dog for a dalmatian :rofl:

I named mine: "The unhappy white collar worker" or there's another I've titled: "The Mad Scientist" :eek:

I think I may submit one of mine ... not sure, last year I took heaps of practise shots then changed everything, took more shots, and ended up submitting the later ones, but regretted not going with the first idea :cry:

I actually had to do some research on how to tie a tie - went via google, then youtube had a video ... how's that for dedication! oh and I had to make a special trip to buy the tie in the first place! And I bought the back-drop (black sheet)!

Is that Charch? How did he enjoy the photoshoot, he looks pretty happy to me :mad eta: oops he obviously enjoyed himself with liver treats :eek:

So do your guys Bindi :eek:

Yeah I must admit the creativity wasnt flowing. I thought to myself 'I wonder how many dolers will use their dog for this shot' :eek:

Luckily Charch is pretty happy to go along with the sillyness I ask him too. When theres food involved hes anyones.

I cheated and found a tie already done in hubbys closet. Wouldnt have a clue how to do one otherwise!

Has anyone tried the hundreds and thousands shot? Im struggling to get a nice macro shot with the lenses I have :mad

Really looking forward to seeing what everyone else somes up with.

After a loooooong think about it I have an idea for the hundreds and thousands and the glasses too but I don't know how either of them will turn out - I'll have to see tonight.

I need a macro lens for the hundreds and thousands but I don't have one and don't know anyone who i could rope in to lend me one (my friends who have them all have nikons!) so I'll have to make do.

I had an awesome idea for the bokeh image too but I need to go into the city to get the shot and I now don't have time. Other than that, I had no ideas so I guess I'm not entering the bokeh competition.

That photo is to die for Bec! I looooooooooove Charch!

Edited by ~*Shell*~

I was told we have until october 1st - *sigh* I feel so much better suddenly! That'll teach me to not read the book properly!

Bring on the bokeh experiment!!

Hmmm - maybe I'll have to use one of my friend's *gasp* nikon DSLRs to get the shot I want of the hundreds and thousands.

Edited by ~*Shell*~