Tracking

thanks Tassie....Tamika wants me to get a fail so her and Jessie can catch up to us so she keeps telling me on the morning of the trials we are going to fail.....looking forward to next trial and we are having so much fun.....everyone is really nice there so it makes it more enjoyable :)

Interesting footage Dezzy. Admittedly made me feel a bit motion sick :p

Dyson passed his track 1. Got a bit distracted by some roos but made it back to the track and finished off well. It was the first time he had seen a tracklayer laying in plain sight under a tarp. Wasn't too sure what to make of it - figured out quickly when the food appeared though. He's still dragging me round the tracks but its at more of a constant pace now and less charging back and forth and lunging at the end of the lead.

I got a comment about rescenting him when he was distracted. Its something I've never practiced or used...when ever the dogs got off the track before I've headed back to where I last knew it to be. They have always taken off from there. I have always thought that if I rescent them whilst they are off the track then they are going to search around for the track where they are. What are everyone elses thoughts on rescenting?

WP_001315.jpg

Not sure on the rescenting I have never done so and like you normally take the dog back to where I knew they were last tracking. We have our final trial for the year in a few weeks time and I have my fingers crossed the old girl can get her way around her track 3. She did a lovely job of her track 2 the other weekend and was awarded a "very good" rating and was her particular judges best track on the day :thumbsup:. Not bad for my girl who took up tracking last year as her "retirement" option and who is 12 in under 2 months time.

congratulations Rubyblue on you and Dyson's pass....was a very cold weekend but very enjoyable....the video footage is a bit "wobbly" but if you look up at the trees and the dogs level they can be quite intimidating.....as for re-scenting I have never had to do it have always got Dezzy back on to the scent but have practised it once and if the judge says to re-scent your dog I would.....they seem to get straight back on track once re-scented but it isn't something I do....once again congratulations on your pass with Dyson and hopefully we will catch up at one of the trials left....I am starting my new dog at the German Shepherd trial in two weeks as well as doing Track 6 with Dezzy and Tamika and Jessie are up to Track 5 as we both passed at the same trial you were at but we must have been on different days and then doing the Ballarat September trial....would do Inverleigh but I don't like doing a trial one weekend and then going to another the following weekend I just find it a bit much on us and our dogs (it is only my opinion).....as I said hope to catch up at one of the trials to come and good luck and your next trial :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been a while since anyone posted on here.

Anyone got updates?

Ill start. Dyson passed his test 2 at Ballaarat on Saturday. He ran the first leg 'up a steep hill' but was casting widely and missed an article, found the next one beautifully. Struggled on the second corner, by now he was looking tired (not a sight I am familiar with) when we finally made it round the corner he settled into a nice pace and then bounced all over the tracklayer. Scored a good.

Milly passed her test 6. Her track was almost overcooked...I was initially told it was, then told it was alright I had a few minutes to do it in. :p

I was also told her's was the hardest track, I certainly got quite disorientated. She struggled coming out of the acute but managed to make it round. I still have no idea where we actually went but got there in the end. She got a very good.

And we all slept extremely well!

Balllaarat8sept12.jpg

congratulations RubyBlue.....on Saturday Zforce Rock Ina Frock aka Pink got an excellent on her Test 1 on Sunday Tamika and Zforce Sweet Surrender aka Jessie got an excellent on their Test 5 (judge said the dog was on rails) and today (Monday) Amerykus God Ov War aka Dezzy got a good on his Test 6 so is now known as Amerykus God Ov War TDX.....was a great trial and a fantastic end to the tracking season....can't wait for next season to come around :)

:thumbsup: Super well done to your kids, RubyBlue.

We have our last tracking trial for the year this coming weekend. My Rory will have his first go at 6. He did a nice training track today on a 3 hour old track, so I hope he hasn't worn his nose out :laugh: .

exactly my dog Dezzy passed his Test 6 on the weekend and I really didn't think we would pass....big jump from 5 to 6....but I must say I am very proud of him as well as our other two dogs who got excellent on Test 5 and Test 1...we had a terrific weekend....but am missing tracking as I wash and pack all the gear away....can't wait till next season starts :thumbsup: