Staining On Corner Of Eyes

nosebleed

hi guys, my pup has got watery eyes n sometimes theres discharge coming out from the corner of his eyes.

Due to this, the fur color around it has turned to reddish. (fur color was wolf-grey)

Is there any eye drops that is safe to use for dogs n how do i restore his fur color due to the staining? Ive tried to clean them when i bathed him but its not coming out. Has it become permanent?

Your kind inputs is much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Vet advice FIRST, cosmetic repair second!!! Can't stress this enough. You don't mess with eyes!

There can be many reasons why the eyes are tearing. Blocked tear ducts, ingrown eyelashes, rolling eyelids etc etc.

Vet advice FIRST, cosmetic repair second!!! Can't stress this enough. You don't mess with eyes!

There can be many reasons why the eyes are tearing. Blocked tear ducts, ingrown eyelashes, rolling eyelids etc etc.

Come on, ellz, move to Melbourne... :eek:

Come on, ellz, move to Melbourne... :shrug:

:( I'd love to! We'd make an AWESOME (if somewhat frightening) team I think! :eek:

Come on, ellz, move to Melbourne... :)

:( I'd love to! We'd make an AWESOME (if somewhat frightening) team I think! :eek:

:shrug::wave::(

I would even go see an opthamologist as they are best qualified to deal with the problem, I took my dog to the vet for an eye problem which needed an opthamologist, my pup had a tearing eye which turned out to be a tear duct system infection. He had to have his tear ducts flushed and antibiotics syringed through the system as well as oral antibiotics.

hi guys, went to vet last friday, for his 2nd vac n to check on his eyes.

Vet applied this eye-drop thingy on his eyes which made the infected eyes glow in the dark. Both eyes have a slight infection, so he was given Framixin an anti-biotic-anti-inflammatory eye ointment.

Both eyes clearing up very nicely, stainings still there but as long both eyes are healthy is all that matters.

Thanks guys for all inputs n concerns.!

Sandy- U might wanna have ur pups eyes check.. :champagne:

As i thought it was normal too until i saw some discharge on the eyes n that his eyes looks weepy n not bright,clear as it supposed to be.

Edited by nosebleed

:grouphug:

I thought it was normal for some puppies to have some tearing??

Momo has a lot of tearing happening and also the corner of her eyes have red stains.

I didn't realise that it could be something wrong cuz everyone keeps telling me that it's normal??

omg!

:(

SOME moisture can be normal, but not all moisture IS normal so it is far better to have it checked from the outset.

Like everyone else said, eyes aren't something to mess around with. Good to hear you got them checked, and it's good that it wasn't anything serious.

If the staining remains, I know there are products available to healp clean it up (Such as pretty eyes), but I believe they're designed for SWF so I'm not sure if they'd work on other dogs?

hmm, all I did was added a capful of apple cider vinegar to my pups water and the stains disappeared after a week or two.

They say ACV is generally good for their health (same goes for humans).

If you buy some get the thick gunky stuff from a health shop, not the clear ACV from Coles or Woolies.

hmm, all I did was added a capful of apple cider vinegar to my pups water and the stains disappeared after a week or two.

They say ACV is generally good for their health (same goes for humans).

If you buy some get the thick gunky stuff from a health shop, not the clear ACV from Coles or Woolies.

I have been using the Woolies acv to no effect. Will have to give the health shop one a go. I've been putting it on Tilba's dinner for over a year.