What Time Does Your Puppy Go To Bed

first timer

Puppy, or dogs?

My 6 year old goes to bed about 2pm, and gets up between 9 - 11am (when i am not working)

My 4 year old goes to bed about 9 -10 pm and is up at 5:30 every morning

Just out of interest ... your 6 yo sleeps for 19 hours ?? Goes to bed at 2pm and wakes up at 9am (ish) - the next day ?

yep :eek:

lazy dog, i drag him out for a walk every second night, but he only wants to walk half way around the block then turns to come home, he will sometimes play with Kaos for half an hour or so, but otherwise, it is sleep.

Saying that, i work a few days a week, so on those days he isnt inside till about 6pm, and kicked out at 6:30 the days i work, but he sleeps all day, comes in and goes to bed.

His half brother is the same, as is his great (x 4) grandmother.

Zee goes to bed when I do (about 10.30 - 11) and she gets up when I'm dressed sufficiently to take her out for toilet around 7-ish.

She's 12.5 weeks now, she's done this since she was about 9.5 weeks - I love crate training!! :eek:

Jet goes to bed when I go which is usually is between 830-930 on week nights and he gets let out when th OH gets up at 6am. On weekend if we go to bed at a similar time he will start th whinge when it hits about 7am.

mmmm, I wonder why ? Does she cry and go out to toilet or just she just wake up and want to play ? How old is she now ?

When ours woke up too early for our liking, we set the alarm to beat him to it, took him out for wees, then put him back in and he was sleepy enough to go down again until a more hospitable hour, 7 or 730. I figured that if he's going to wake me up at 5am, I was going to be waking up anyway, so why not wake up at 4 and get a few hours extra sleep.

Just a thought.

We took this advise from your goodself Mrs Tornsock ( waking him around 4am to toilet him) We did it for 2 weeks and after that Buster has been great in the morning ( we've had him for 4 weeks now). He takes his last pit stop anywhere between 9:30pm and 11:00pm depending on when my wife wants to come to bed. During the week I wake anywhere between 6 -7:30 for work and I get myself moving get a cuppa then go out and take him down the yard for a play. He has usually already been down there as there is a couple of piles waiting for me to pick up, but he normally does a wee again, we play and then I get his brecky ready. We obviously keep him outside, and no longer enclose his den and this seems to work really well for us. We have had 1 or 2 occasions where he must have done a wee on the deck but thats no big deal. On the weekend we've even be able to sleep till 8 before I've woken up , not to Buster making a racket, more me feeling guilty i haven't got up to him

Edited by doczim

When I have puppies I make it a habit of having some background noise

eg TV Radio going during daylight hours and then when we sleep-light out and quiet.

This happens from day one. I find as the pups get older they settle down to sleep quickly

once lights go out.

Just this weekend, my 13 week old has become an "only pup". Her sister has gone to her new home.

He first night I set up her bed next to mine. She hopped up for cuddles and then I put her in her bed. She stacked on a turn for about 3-5 minutes but I ignored her. So she lay down on the bed and I turned out the light. Not a peep until about 8 the next morning. Last night repeated the process and when I put her down she looked at me and the laid down and went to sleep.

Alchemy is just over 11 weeks and is sleeping from about 10.30 till 6. She has always been a fantastic sleeper though, the very first night we brought her home she slept the whole night without a peep

Edited by Wolfsong

We have 2 dogs, an 11 month old Great Dane and a 7 month old Husky. They both come in after work (Anywhere between 4-6) and snooze most of the afternoon and evening (With a few bouts of playing, followed by more sleeping). They then go to bed at the same time as us, and Elektra, the Husky, wants out at around 8ish and Keeley, the Dane, wants out around 9:30am

our puppy enjoys sleeping :vomit:

she tends to go to bed when we do, around 9.30 - 10.30 pm, sleeps through, wakes when hubbys alarm goes off at 5.30, returns to sleep until my alarm at 7am, but needs plently of coaxing to wake up, on weekends she will sleep until 9 or 10 am - love it

she also has naps throughout the day too

Our 1 year old will start to wind down at about 7.30 most nights. She sleeps all night until OH gets up at 6am and she goes and gets some breaky. Then she's back for a snuggle for another 2 hours before the rest of the family are all up and getting ready.

During the day, she tends to stay awake most morning hours, except for a quick nap in the sun after mid-morning walk. Afternoons are less active for her, and after a half hour afternoon play, she is sleeping till OH comes home around 5pm.

When Kei first came home he would get up at 5:30am :vomit: That's the time his breeder had been feeding the litter their breakfast so he was kind of set in that routine. I stretched out out s-l-o-w-l-y over a few weeks until he was getting up around 7-7:30 and he still gets up at this time now. As for going to bed he's usually asleep within half an hour of eating dinner so about 8pm. Though if I feed him earlier he's still out like a light :laugh:

Mokha used to wake up around 5am mostly because he couldnt hold his bladder any longer and my husband would let him out as he left for work. Since we have both dogs sleeping together now in the same room they both sleep until 8 or 8.30 am even though all the showers etc are happening before then. They are 14 and 21 months now though.They usually fall asleep around 8.30 in the lounge and we put them to bed at 10.30.When Mokha was that young he went to bed around 9 as well. I expect when it is warmer and light earlier they may get up earlier.

my girl, since a pup, has been sent to bed at 9.30pm.

we always told her to "go to bed" as a pup and she would walk up the hall way and go to bed.

Now she is 2 , we still send her to bed with the kids at 9.30pm, and now, even if we have a house full of people, if we want her to go to bed at anytime, we just say" go to bed" and she does

she is so obedient