Need Your Support And Prayers/thoughts

PeiLuvR

I hav never posted in this section before. I'm sorry if it is wrong to do so.

I found a dog.. I thort it was American Staffy.. maybe Pit Bull :s No matter what breed i wanted to help it. Get it off the road. Out of the Dark. And find its home.

It had broken off its chain. He had a collar as well as another chain. He was barking, howling and creating a nuisance. It was night time.

I approached him. He was very scared. I was gentle and spoke softly. He had a look in his eyes. I couldn't completely trust this dog. I didn't know it.

The dangling chain made him on edge. Entire male.

I managed to clip a leash onto his collar. Once i got the dangling chain off him he was much calmer and wanted to be patted.

The following day i asked my brother to help me door knock around my local area.

I knew i had to get this dog checked for a micro chip. My brother came with me and sat with the dog in the car.

At the vet me and my brother had to fill in our details and sign handover forms :confused: They didn't scan him.

They said they were bound by law to take the dog because it was a stray.

I knew then that this boy was in trouble.

We couldn't grab him bak and walk out of there.

He wasn't ours. But i feel like i've signed a death wish :confused:

We expressed to them that we wanted to know what would happen to him.

We told them we would hav him desexed, microchipped, registered with the council and kept in a loving secure home if not claimed.

He went to the local pound. No microchip. One minute they said he looks to be Pit x Lab.. and i thought that might help. Now it seems he has gone to a bigger pound and has to go thru the stages of special testing to deem him fit to go bak into society etc.

It really doesn't look good.

I am devastated and will not forgive myself if this boy is Put to Sleep because of what he 'IS' ...

I don't know what to do. We hav been told to wait the 8 to 10 days to hear from them..

Can everyone please hav this boy in ur thoughts. And all Pitbulls.

This has really touched me and i want to fight BSL.

Guest Pandii

Your post brought tears to my eyes, you did what you could, you didnt make the law, but you are bound by it.

I feel you pain and hurt

Thank you for helping this boy, as he may have ended up as road kill or in the wrong hands,

It's a shame he wasn't chipped so could be traced back to owner.

I think you've done the best you could possible do, in these circumstances,

BSL sucks, and is just beyond sad to see so many of these guys PTS based purely on looks alone

I hope he is given a chance of re homing, fingers crossed :confused:

Thank you for helping this boy, as he may have ended up as road kill or in the wrong hands,

It's a shame he wasn't chipped so could be traced back to owner.

I think you've done the best you could possible do, in these circumstances,

BSL sucks, and is just beyond sad to see so many of these guys PTS based purely on looks alone

I hope he is given a chance of re homing, fingers crossed :confused:

Thank u RnR. I hav tried to tell myself i did good but if teh outcome means PTS then i'm feeling terrible already.

I guess had i done nothing he could hav been hit by a car or even frightened somebody not particularly a dog lover..

I'm also feeling that his 'owners' hav done him an injustice by not micro chipping him or desexing or council registering :confused: I am a little suspicious of the chain he seems to hav broken away from too.

I am hoping to god that he gets a 2nd chance.. begging for him to be classified as a lab cross.. passes the tests.. etc etc

Wouldn't have been this boy would it Peiluvr?

Lost Dog Link

It says he was chipped, however sometimes they don't pick them up with the scanner.

Nope not this guy. HE IS STUNNING THO ! Did he go home ?

No, I don't think his owners have found him yet. :o

You poor thing. :cry: At least the dog you found did not get run over. Hopefully he will get rehomed if not claimed. BSL is such an awful thing and makes things crappy and sad all around. You did all that you could. You probably did more than a lot of people would have done, and tried to help him and keep him safe. :cry:

You did the right thing. You said he was scared, if cornered by a strange dog or person he may have attacked someone, and that would have been another black mark against the breed. He is now safe and has a full tummy. It sucks but at least he isn't going to hurt anyone or be hurt himself. I hope he gets a second chance, but if not, at least he won't suffer.

Wait. Are they the vets really bound by law to take him? I've never heard that before.

I think any dog 'found' or 'stray' they can take.. we wish we hadn't signed the papers now :eek:

Need special miracle vibes all week for this boy *******************************

PL - You did a wonderfully kind thing, you saved this dog by either being badly injured in a road accident or being found and kept in the wrong hands :(

I hope he passes his tests and that he can be rehomed in a loving home.

Who knows maybe he broke free from a not so nice home and the outcome will be a good one :p

Chin up hun, you have done all you can, regardless you gave this boy a few hours of love and compassion that he may never have had before and I am sure he appreciates it and loves you for it :love:

Keep us informed, my thoughts are with this boy :eek:

A vet isnt law enforcement they cant take a dog you walk in there with. They can think they have whatever policies or laws they like but they cant sieze a dog from someone.

PeliLuvR I know how you must feel you did good getting him off the street hope he falls into the hands of good people at the pound they often do.

My brother has been phoning to see how he is every second day. We were told we could visit and take a toy.. but today we should hear from them to tell us the outcome of Release or PTS.. :s We hav offered the money to hav them desex and microchip him ! We are not interested in breeding him ! We are not interested in 'fighting' him ! WE JUST WANT HIM ALIVE AND SAFE !

I don't really know about testing that they've done - hopefully he didn't react badly..

I will try update more 2nite !

If every1 could be thinking of this boy and hav their fingers and toes and everything crossed today, i am very appreciative. Thank-you.