Belgian Shepherd Dog

Troy

Hi Bush Chook, welcome to the forum!

For Belgian chit chat, head to the breed sub forum here, although it is not as active as the other breeds (afterall we are all busy with our dogs :laugh:), hopefully someone from Sydney may see your question..... obviously your pup is not from a Sydney breeder.

Mad Woofter on here is a Sydneysider with a Groenendael boy - maybe shoot her a PM & ask who she recommends?

Sorry can't be of more help!

Hi Bush Chook, welcome to the forum!

For Belgian chit chat, head to the breed sub forum here, although it is not as active as the other breeds (afterall we are all busy with our dogs :laugh:), hopefully someone from Sydney may see your question..... obviously your pup is not from a Sydney breeder.

Mad Woofter on here is a Sydneysider with a Groenendael boy - maybe shoot her a PM & ask who she recommends?

Sorry can't be of more help!

Thanks Trifecta,

I took your advice and messaged MadWoofter. Also had a look at the sub breed forum. Hopefully I will be a forum regular and be able to share and learn from other owners experience.

• 2 months later...

My daughter had a Belgian who only died late last year at 12 years old. She had a heart condition.

We took her to Animals Tracks at Homebush where they are great.

They looked after her for years.

We travel from North Sydney to go to these vets.

They also look after my Dane and Rotties.

Phone number 9764 6066

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, I'm considering a belgian shepherd (Groenendael) as a first time dog and was wondering on people's experience with them. I understand that in Australia this particular variety of the shepherd only comes in show-lines and am cautious about the energy and temperament of the dog. Are they still active and driven like working lines or more inclined to rest for the day. I intend on making the dog a regular running partner eventually, and am a dog enthusiast so it would receive regular obedience training as well as time at the park (at least 2- 3 hours a day out of the house plus obedience work). Also, has anyone had experience with Graebelge kennels in Bunyip Victoria? or lumineux kennels. thanks

Edited by ShepherdEnthusiast