Vicious Dog At Large.

tybrax

http://www.smh.com.au/national/dog-bites-o...90831-f452.html

Dog bites owner in face, groin and legAugust 31, 2009 - 6:29AM

A man is expected to undergo surgery after being attacked by his dog, which bit him on his face, groin and leg.

The 34-year-old man was attacked by his family dog, believed to be a pit-bull terrier, in the backyard of his Whitford Road home in Green Valley, in Sydney's west, about 10pm (AEST) on Sunday.

Police believe the dog turned on the man when he tried to remove it from an enclosed pergola in the backyard.

He was left with bites to his mouth, groin and left leg.

His wife and six children, aged two to 13 years, were home at the time.

The man managed to call emergency services and is expected to have surgery at Liverpool Hospital.

The dog was removed from the home and will be destroyed, police said.

AAP

Another known dog.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly OT but could you learn to quote so people can follow what you're saying?

Well maybe l should of clarified, l have only owned RED NOSES.

Oops better clarify that one too. l own a pretty little pit bull with papers.

An American amstaff oh yes and she has a black nose.

What's an amstaff? Oh yes, it's a pitbull with papers, isn't it?

Sheridan quote me as much as you like,Twist it as much as you like l didn't make any comment that all dogs with red noses are pit bulls.

No, but it's the logical conclusion from what you wrote. I'm not twisting anything.

If you cannot ID a pitbull and you've owned them for 13 years then how do you know they're pitbulls?

Because l have papers ADBA might not be recognised in Aus,but l have papers.

And how does that help you with BSL?

So, if a pitbull's identifying feature is it's red nose then logically, dogs with red noses are pitbull,

Who said the red nose was an identifying feature?? Yep it was you Sheridan.

Because you said that you don't have a problem id-ing your pitbulls because they have red noses. You cited no other identifying feature. I'm only going on what you said. You, who said that you've had pitbulls for 13 years and have trouble identifying them. You cannot even id your own breed so what hope is there for anyone else?

There is no one QUALIFIED in Australia. There is no possible way you can identify a pit bull or cross breed dog its been proven in a court stated by the magistrate. Did you miss this post Kirty???

Not even those who own them ...

Once again define a pit bull.????

Clearly there is no definition because not even those who own them can id them.

The laws are born of ignorance - reason doesnt mean a thing to the government. We could have NO APBT attacks in this country, infact we could have no APBTs in this country at all, they would still be in the newspaper all the time and they would still be pushing to tighten the noose around the APBT further with every attack. One day someone will start on the !!! BULLMASTIFF !!! The STAFFY !! or another breed, and it will move to it instead :D

edit - no point going over the same ground as its been said.

Edited by Lo Pan

BSL in this state is not going to be over turned, by owners who do little more than whinge about the media and the politicians and ignore the laws that apply to them.

As stated before, whilst ever popular opinion says that a Pit Bull is a dangerous dog and should be banned, it will stay that way. Companion Animals are not top of the political agenda, Pollies are busy with more pressing issues that their constituents are concerned about.

The laws are born of ignorance - reason doesnt mean a thing to the government.

What is ignorant is people who ID THEIR OWN dog as a bullbreed when it isnt. Take it up with them - start with yourself.

The laws are born of ignorance - reason doesnt mean a thing to the government. We could have NO APBT attacks in this country, infact we could have no APBTs in this country at all, they would still be in the newspaper all the time and they would still be pushing to tighten the noose around the APBT further with every attack. One day someone will start on the !!! BULLMASTIFF !!! The STAFFY !! or another breed, and it will move to it instead :D

edit - no point going over the same ground as its been said.

No one is disagreeing that the laws are stupid but as someone else said, blatant disregard for them is simply cementing them in further.

I for one hope the below comment is not true!! :)

My dogs name is

Taha Daha which is Spanish for vicious one, I do hope you are wrong in a nice way!!

J

And the answer for my personal interest question, was that the dog's name was Tyson. Gee, what a surprise NOT. I certainly wasn't expecting a Cuddles or a Happy.

so you think a dogs behavior is decided by its name...?

I never do but I do think that the choice of a dogs name can say a lot about the owners.

Excellent Post SBT

I heard a while back a APBT was being trained in search and rescue wouldnt it be rather funny in a good way if that dog was used to locate the missing polly that was lost in the mountains the other day??

I guess they would probably say the dog was going by its hunger instict!! Rather than a pat on the back, I wonder if the dog was ever used as a search and rescue, I will email Ivy and find out, was a few years a go.

J

BSL in this state is not going to be over turned, by owners who do little more than whinge about the media and the politicians and ignore the laws that apply to them.

As stated before, whilst ever popular opinion says that a Pit Bull is a dangerous dog and should be banned, it will stay that way. Companion Animals are not top of the political agenda, Pollies are busy with more pressing issues that their constituents are concerned about.

• 2 weeks later...

And the answer for my personal interest question, was that the dog's name was Tyson. Gee, what a surprise NOT. I certainly wasn't expecting a Cuddles or a Happy.

so you think a dogs behavior is decided by its name...?

I never do but I do think that the choice of a dogs name can say a lot about the owners.

:cry: My dog's name is Tyson, does that make me a bad dog owner?

:rofl: My dog's name is Tyson, does that make me a bad dog owner?

It makes me wonder why you'd want to name your dog after a someone convicted of rape, criminal assault and with a history of spousal abuse and very poor record of dog ownership. :)

Maybe just maybe some people just like the name, It doesn't mean that their dog Is named after that particular person. I'm sure there are plenty of Tyson's out there without that reputation.

A name Is a name, It's doesn't make the dog, this argument Is just ridiculous and just nit picking :rofl:

:) My dog's name is Tyson, does that make me a bad dog owner?

It makes me wonder why you'd want to name your dog after a someone convicted of rape, criminal assault and with a history of spousal abuse and very poor record of dog ownership. :cry:

Uh he was a rescue dog and that's the name he came with....

I also don't know who you are refering to as the rapist and such (I have no interest in celebrities or whoever you are referring to), but last time I checked there was more that one person on this earth with that name. I happen to like the name, it is a french name so I like the sound of it, I have a few friends with that name does that mean they must be rapists also?!..

Edited by Jimmay

hey guys first post, my name is chris and i am a very proud owner of a apbt. i fully understand as an apbt owner the issues that we have with the racism and treatment we get as apbt owners. this thread has realy just turned into an argument about wheather or not the dog in the attacked is a pitbull.

a child has been bitten and seriuosly hurt. as a apbt owner it is my responsibility to make sure that my dog is seen in a positive light at all times, as i chose this breed that is riddled with moronic owners.

i would like to clear a few things up and these things are my opinions only and im happy to be corrected.

i am assuming that most people on this forum[anti bsl] are against all bsl laws , besides a few pot stirers.

the pitbull owners and other prescribed breed dog owners on here and everywhere have plenty to be angry about, but getting into arguments with people that generally support our plight is just stupid. your only razzing yourselves up! if you feel so strongly about it which i know you do please generate your energy in a better way.

this whole " a pitbull attacked a child " thing has been going on for years and always will.

the massive surge of ast's in our country over the last few years has only made it harder for apbt owners, an will continue to do so.

the average ast owner is now the same owner that used to be the average apbt owner, and only for the "ive got a legal pitbull" argument.

yes its plain stupid but we all know its the truth.

now our breed is getting mixed with ast's and its neither good for us or the ast owners. they are hating on us we are hating on them.

in my opinion the ast and the apbt being classed as the same breed or the whole " an amstaff is a show pitbull" thing is only said by morons who have no idea. they have been seperate breeds for over fifty years and are no way the same , similar yes but not the same.

sure the first amstaffs were based on the colby line of bulldogs but that was in the 1930's. [i know there are a few dual regesterd dogs now but thats nearly a different breed itself now as the duels are breed with the duels and thats it].

there are over twenty different breeds that are labelled as pitbull. they are different to apbt dogs and we as owners know this.

filas have been labelled as pitbulls and anyone who knows what a fila looks like would laugh.

i think as much as we mean well as apbt owners let our anger take over and we are easily wound up when these issues arise.

i as well as any real apbt advocate will hapily sit back and tell everyone how responsible we are as apbt owners, but will let ourselves get sucked into a stupid argument about wheather someone knows what a pitbull looks like or wheather a pitbull did attack a child/adult/dog.

i ask that you sit back have a coffee, look at your dog and reflect on who you are doing this for ,your dog.

trust me i know that its hard but it will get us nowhere in getting people on our side against this animal racism.

thats my little rant, i know i dribbled on a bit but had to get it out.

bsl effects everyone in one way or another.

my dog is in another state because the laws where i am would have her murdered.

i would rather she be safe than dead

chris