Vicious Dog At Large.

tybrax

Yeh real funny.

Like the women who's dog got attacked down the beach the other month. I pass her as shes leaving and she says her dog was attacked by a Pitbull. Got down there and said to the guy thats a Bull Arab, he says yeh ...

Nonetheless, Another one for the Pitty.

Had this dog attacked yours, you would have been doing the same thing as her, saying it was a Pitbull, because you think you know something and you dont care if you hurt our breeds reputation in the process.

All you're doing is making your breed look worse.

+1

If you are the example of a pitbull owner and their general attitude then don't expect a change in BSL...

You sound just as bad as the numnuts that get in the paper advocating for breed bans, it's just your nonsense is from the opposite perspective

In this case the family knew the dog so really it is highly probable it was a pitbull... so rather than focusing on the relentless rubbish of always posting "oh everyone blames pitbulls" maybe focus on the true reasons these attacks keep occuring - owners etc

No wonder I am not a member of the EDBA anymore

And Lo Pan you can sit here and insult people till you are blue in the face, and you can accuse people of wanting BSL, but at the end of the day the anti BSL movement is losing supporters because of people with YOUR attitude. It's the relentless bleating from people like you who always claim it could never be a pitbull that turned me off wanting to do anything further to support our cause.

Trying to use a defence that pitbulls never attack humans is just stupid - they do. Every breed is capable of attacking a human

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know whos posts you been reading but not mine. I think your reading baseless claims made by others and running with them as various others have done in this thread.

I havnt accused anyone in this thread of supporting BSL, and I have not said that Pitbulls never attack humans.

Your post sounds like "something you prepared earlier", because it doesnt seem to follow a great deal of what I have said here.

i feel for any Children suffering a dog attack.

The area of dog attacks is very complex with many dynamics.

Many assumptions and misinformation in this thread as usual and this is from Dog owners themselves!!!!!

Firstly just because somebody has rescued dogs for six years to me means very little.I know some who have had dogs for 25 years and still know very little!!!!

I could take a Child or Adult and take them to see say a dog of Bull breed type cross and drum into them that its a Pitbull.I would be of course deliberately misleading them.So I give them the wrong information and they run with it.Chances are very high indeed that this person sometime will then of course mistakenly label a dog a Pitbull.

I for example have had one of my American Bulldogs with me at times and had people tell me I had a Pitbull!!!I had a so called " Knowledgeable " dog owner swear black and blue my AB was a pitbull!!!!!

Why do"s the Media label anything with four legs a Pitbull? Because it sells more papers and boost"s T.V, ratings and has nothing to do with the truth whatsoever!!!!

Lets use the logic expressed in this thread that the bigger the numbers of a specific breed around will result in a higher number of attacks by the said breed.Sorry but that is a very flawed logic as the real Pitbull is a small percentage of the number of dogs in Australia.

People need to wake up and use some commonsense for a change!!!!!If BSL was really about supposedly keeping people safe and number of attacks down,then one of my own breeds would be on the BSL list and that is the Cattle Dog. Cattle Dogs feature in more bites or incidents than Pitbulls.

Where did this anti Pitbull tirade come from? America of course.Sadly as a Country we in many ways are weak as water and will just blindly follow moves or judgements made in other Countrys.

I do not even own a Pitbull, but I can fully understand just how sick of this Garbage PBT Owners get!!!!!

No wonder PBT owners feel isolated and become defensive as even other dog owners do not see the truth.

Why do Politicans weigh into things?Because they can be seen to be doing the right thing which they hope translates into votes.How many Politican really have any indepth knowledge of dogs? Very few!!!!For a politican of course at times BS like the anti Pitbull carry on can be a useful deflection to other matters.

I see we also have the same tired BS trotted out about bad owners or those wanting to appear tough.Those types are not uniquely attracted to Pitbulls and can be found with many other Breeds.

The sooner commonsense start to rise again the better!!!!The sooner people start to accept any dog of any breed could be involved in an incident the better!!!! Tony

I havnt seen any pit bull denial in this thread, or any support for the attacking dog, post # 18 planted a seed that grew is what i seen.

I think the fact you have a pit bull makes you easy target lo-pan ( to please explain) on here and maybe that was why the seed was planted?. Not to listen to your reasonings, but to nit pick and twist them.

This threads no different to the staffy attack threads i read on here, everyone with a staffy comes out and isnstantly plays the nanny dog theme or even was it really a staffy nah probably a pit bull thats been called a staffy theme just higher in numbers,

Its just a sad little game really.

I know people love there breeds but i think most either forget or dont realise that virtually all bull breeds are pretty much seen as bogans dogs by most the general public now.

You're all in the same named boat so you all should buck up and support each other in, 'its not the breed doing it, its individual dogs within that breed'.

Edited by GeckoTree

I do not even own a Pitbull, but I can fully understand just how sick of this Garbage PBT Owners get!!!!!

No wonder PBT owners feel isolated and become defensive as even other dog owners do not see the truth.

All I have done in this thread, essentially, is say that the attacking dog probably wasnt an APBT, based on a pattern of false reporting in the past. People here are saying IT WAS !! without the facts. So now if you require facts your a "bleating" "numnuts". I thought thats what you where if you drew definite conclusions without the facts.

People become brainwashed gradually. A cultural shift over time is seen sparked by a change of legislation. Its seen in all areas and now it IS starting to happen with BSL, even amongst previously enlightened dog people.

All of a sudden the media does report responsibly, we are sick of hearing "everyone blames pitbulls", we are tired of drawing conclusions based on facts, and we are referencing all kinds of links to "prove" how much APBT's attack people. This effect will continue to snowball and a small minority will keep thier perspective in the long term and its in part thanks to them these laws will eventually be revoked.

Edited by Lo Pan

I havnt seen any pit bull denial in this thread, or any support for the attacking dog, post # 18 planted a seed that grew is what i seen.

I think the fact you have a pit bull makes you easy target lo-pan ( to please explain) on here and maybe that was why the seed was planted?. Not to listen to your reasonings, but to nit pick and twist them.

This threads no different to the staffy attack threads i read on here, everyone with a staffy comes out and isnstantly plays the nanny dog theme or even was it really a staffy nah probably a pit bull thats been called a staffy theme just higher in numbers,

Its just a sad little game really.

I know people love there breeds but i think most either forget or dont realise that virtually all bull breeds are pretty much seen as bogans dogs by most the general public now.

You're all in the same named boat so you all should buck up and support each other in, 'its not the breed doing it, its individual dogs within that breed'.

damn right staffords are perfect angels :laugh:

All I have done in this thread, essentially, is say that the attacking dog probably wasnt an APBT, based on a pattern of false reporting in the past. People here are saying IT WAS !! without the facts. So now if you require facts your a "bleating" "numnuts". I thought thats what you where if you drew definite conclusions without the facts.

I'd take breed ID with a grain of salt if it weren't for what was in the news report. You are so determined to stick with the false report excuse that you are ignoring the fact that in this case, the owner has been involved in the story and probably does know what breed his dog is.

Considering that most of the people who are the cause of BSL won't have an Am staff, but prefer pitbulls, we might see a bit of progress if pitbulls are bred out. Of course the bogan owners might then turn to staffies more, but they are still a recognised breed and have people who care enough about their breed to do the right thing. Let's just pray that once the irresponsible pitbull owners have caused the demise of their breed they go get pet rocks, because they shouldn't be allowed to own a dog, let alone one that can go so badly in the wrong hands.

You have me all wrong I think the problem here is your "projecting" and this wouldnt be the first time.

I dont stay determined to stick to any "excuse" I only go on the facts presented.

Pitbulls will never be bred out, there are more APBT's in this country today then there have ever been. Progress will be made when the revoking of BSL continues its spread through Europe and ofcourse the USA. As has been mentioned before Australia IS weak as water our true leadership lies overseas not here.

i feel for any Children suffering a dog attack.

The area of dog attacks is very complex with many dynamics.

Many assumptions and misinformation in this thread as usual and this is from Dog owners themselves!!!!!

Firstly just because somebody has rescued dogs for six years to me means very little.I know some who have had dogs for 25 years and still know very little!!!!

I could take a Child or Adult and take them to see say a dog of Bull breed type cross and drum into them that its a Pitbull.I would be of course deliberately misleading them.So I give them the wrong information and they run with it.Chances are very high indeed that this person sometime will then of course mistakenly label a dog a Pitbull.

I for example have had one of my American Bulldogs with me at times and had people tell me I had a Pitbull!!!I had a so called " Knowledgeable " dog owner swear black and blue my AB was a pitbull!!!!!

Why do"s the Media label anything with four legs a Pitbull? Because it sells more papers and boost"s T.V, ratings and has nothing to do with the truth whatsoever!!!!

Lets use the logic expressed in this thread that the bigger the numbers of a specific breed around will result in a higher number of attacks by the said breed.Sorry but that is a very flawed logic as the real Pitbull is a small percentage of the number of dogs in Australia.

People need to wake up and use some commonsense for a change!!!!!If BSL was really about supposedly keeping people safe and number of attacks down,then one of my own breeds would be on the BSL list and that is the Cattle Dog. Cattle Dogs feature in more bites or incidents than Pitbulls.

Where did this anti Pitbull tirade come from? America of course.Sadly as a Country we in many ways are weak as water and will just blindly follow moves or judgements made in other Countrys.

Why do Politicans weigh into things?Because they can be seen to be doing the right thing which they hope translates into votes.How many Politican really have any indepth knowledge of dogs? Very few!!!!For a politican of course at times BS like the anti Pitbull carry on can be a useful deflection to other matters.

I see we also have the same tired BS trotted out about bad owners or those wanting to appear tough.Those types are not uniquely attracted to Pitbulls and can be found with many other Breeds.

The sooner commonsense start to rise again the better!!!!The sooner people start to accept any dog of any breed could be involved in an incident the better!!!! Tony

EXCELLENT POST :laugh:

Lots of people agree that dogs that cause serious human injury should be PTS, whether it belongs to that magical "breed" the pitbull or another breed. You want to keep BSL alive and well then fight to keep dangerous dogs (note I said dogs) in our community. They are the ones, along with their owners that are the cause of your problems, not the newspapers. Everytime an irresponsible owner allows their dog to attack it drive that nail in a little bit harder. It is a shame that there can't be some perspective taking and tactics changed, the current attitude drives away other dog owners who don't believe in BSL either.

No its not "whatever", we have an issue around here with BSL forum blow ins who come in and cause trouble all the time.

You made out like your a comedian when infact the vast majority of the public do not identify APBT's correctly and this is a large portion of the problem theres nothing funny in that.

OK guys, whatever. :laugh: I believe I know a pitbull when I see one, but obviously only pitbull owners are intelligent enough to ACTUALLY be able to ID a PB.

Nope not true l have owned this breed for 13 years and still l cannot id them properly. That's why l asked you to define a pit bull.

tybrax

That is problematic for you then. So you are saying that no one can identify a pitbull then?

OK guys, whatever. :rasberry: I believe I know a pitbull when I see one, but obviously only pitbull owners are intelligent enough to ACTUALLY be able to ID a PB.

Nope not true l have owned this breed for 13 years and still l cannot id them properly. That's why l asked you to define a pit bull.

tybrax

Then if you, who has owned pitbulls for 13 years, cannot identify one properly, how do you know you've actually owned pitbulls and not some crossbreed mix? Were you told they were pitbulls and how did that/those person/s identify them?

Edited by Sheridan

OK guys, whatever. :D I believe I know a pitbull when I see one, but obviously only pitbull owners are intelligent enough to ACTUALLY be able to ID a PB.

tybrax

No way! So for the last 13 years you may have inadvertently been walking a toy poodle but been unable to ID it :rasberry:

Nope Jed, dog attack in house was by the "pitbull" which has conveniently "escaped". See news report below:
THE mother of a toddler mauled by a pit bull terrier in Melbourne says she will not rest until the dog is destroyed.

Taneisha Jobe, 17, said the dog, Tyson, has been on the loose after it attacked her daughter Aleaha, two, in Delahey on Sunday morning.

Police said it was not their responsibility to track down the offending dog.

Instead, rangers from Brimbank City Council will attempt to find it.

Mayor Troy Atanasovski confirmed the rangers were on the case.

If the council did not find the dog Ms Jobe said she would "find it myself ".

"Because I feel like the least I can do for (my) daughter is give her a bit of justice," Ms Jobe said.

"She's going to have scars for life. The least I can do is take away that dog's life. I believe that the dog has got into someone's house on the hush. Hopefully someone knows something about where the dog is."

"I can't believe she's been so brave," Ms Jobe said.

"She's coping so well. She will definitely most likely have more surgery and the doctors can't find some saliva vein in her mouth. Because of that, she's bleeding from the eye and her mouth."

Ms Jobe said Aleaha did not really understand what had happened.

"She's just not herself," she said. "Sometimes she can be really unsettled. Sometimes she can be a little bit happy.

"Most of the time she just lies there and sleeps."

Police spoke to the dog's owner, a 24-year-old man from Delahey, at a house in the nearby suburb of Burnside Heights on Sunday.

He told them the dog, which he removed from the house where the attack happened, had escaped.

Aleaha was having a lollipop and patting the dog's back just moments before the attack.

Ms Jobe said Aleaha's father, Mark Briffa, could see the dog was acting "a little bit funny" and told her to come inside. "From coming through the laundry into the hall, the dog just pounced," she said.

And the answer for my personal interest question, was that the dog's name was Tyson. Gee, what a surprise NOT. I certainly wasn't expecting a Cuddles or a Happy.

so you think a dogs behavior is decided by its name...?