Boxer

Troy

Yep. Lots of owners, breeders and exhibitors hate tails.

It is one of the reasons there are so few boxer pups available, lots no longer breed, and people do import from NZ so they can have a docked dog. :confused: Some also buy bobtails.

• 5 months later...

My partner recently brought a Boxer puppy. He'll be 14 weeks this saturday. OUr friends have his sister from the same littler so we plan on having them spend a lot of time together so both dogs with be desexed to avoid the obvious!

So we cant decide at what age its best to desex?

Some say its best to wait til they're mature (12 monthsish) so they fill out well and others say it doesnt matter....opinions please :eek:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

how much daily exercise do boxers want?

if exercised in the morning and provided with bones/toys during the day, could one be happy in a townhouse, acess to very secure courtyard and the house whilst the two owners are at work? it would probably be exercised in the evening if it wanted it and also taken to training...

(not for me but i'm checking out breeds for someone else)

My Boxer gets an hour walk daily, and will sleep the rest of the day (she is 8 now, so is finally starting to settle down lol)

They like to play games though and be kept entertained.

I think a Boxer could do well in town house if excercised and trained, my girl is pretty much exclusivley a house dog, she has acess to the yard all day- but spends all her time inside with us- or out in the front yard if my dad is out there working on something. They are "people dogs" and NEED to be around people, not left in the backyard all day.

• 1 month later...

Hi boxer lovers..

I have a question regarding heart testing. My male and female have both been tested and my female has come up with a very slight grade 1 heart murmur. The vet and cardiologist have told me it is nothing to worry about and she is still fine to breed as it is so minor and would not be carried on. Can anybody please clarify or help me out on this?

Hi all. Thinking about purchasing a Boxer but dont know much about them. Have had many dogs before but never bought a dog myself. I have found one which i plan to go see on saturday but would like some advice as to what to look for. The puppy still has blue eyes? Is this a bad thing? I love the look of them but am afriad it may mean something likes its deaf/blind? Also it is apparently mischievous more so then its siblings. Does anyone have any personal expirence with this? Any help regarding the above and any more information anyone can give me would be awesome. I have researched for hours upon end about the breed and it seems like the perfect dog for me and my partner, im just in the dark a little about selecting the right one. Thank you.

Hi all. Thinking about purchasing a Boxer but dont know much about them. Have had many dogs before but never bought a dog myself. I have found one which i plan to go see on saturday but would like some advice as to what to look for. The puppy still has blue eyes? Is this a bad thing? I love the look of them but am afriad it may mean something likes its deaf/blind? Also it is apparently mischievous more so then its siblings. Does anyone have any personal expirence with this? Any help regarding the above and any more information anyone can give me would be awesome. I have researched for hours upon end about the breed and it seems like the perfect dog for me and my partner, im just in the dark a little about selecting the right one. Thank you.

Have you a pic of the pup?

Can anyone tell if something would/could be wrong with it? Had dogs all my life but this is the first one i'd be buying myself so want to be sure i get a good one. The breeder seems very nice but there can be some dodgy people that act nice out there. Thank you.

post-37695-1291270531_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

How old is the puppy? at 8 Weeks the eyes should no longer be blue. Do not buy a puppy less than 8 weeks old. I recommend also buying only from a registered breeder. In addition, before you shell out cash and rush in to things, spend some time researching the breed, its history and it's standard, and you will understand it and know what to look for.

Google

www.worldwideboxer.com/

Hire books from the library or buy: (* Must reads for Boxer fanciers)

The Complete Boxer - By Tim Hutchings *

This is the Boxer by Volpe*

My Life with Boxers - Friederun von Miram-Stockman *

The Boxer - Anna Katherine Nicholas

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone here has ever had any experience with an ossifying epulis in a boxer. My boy is going in for surgery on thursday and I'm worried sick about it. Don't know what to expect, he's going to lose 3 of his teeth during the surgery...