We Are Looking For A Rescue Dog To Add To The Family

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going by their profile, they have read your message and not come back here since.

I hope their existing dog is ok. :)

User's local time 4th Sep 2009 - 11:37 AM

Total Cumulative Posts 2

( 0.2 per day / 0.00% of total forum posts )

Most active in Dog Rescue (General Rescue Discussion)

( 2 posts / 100% of this member's active posts )

Last Active 2nd Sep 2009 - 01:48 PM

Status (Offline)

assuming the information posted here is correct I hope whoever has knowledge of where these people are can make arrangements formal or informal to make sure this is not a hoarding situation. It would be very sad if it were and nothing concrete was done to assist any animals in need.

Sing Song

I so worry about Casey especially her being a Collie Rough, no secret how much I love and care about the breed :):(

I so worry about Casey especially her being a Collie Rough, no secret how much I love and care about the breed :):(

without anyone actually seeing for themselves it would be hard to speculate on anything this person says.

My email said the exact same description of herself, kids and dog, BUT it also said she has been trying to adopt a rescue dog for ages but everyone keeps knocking her back as she is "too far away".

This person just enquired about a dog of mine just a day ago.......so is obviously still doing the rounds

Oh god! I hope they didn't think they'd get Cecil :)

My email said the exact same description of herself, kids and dog, BUT it also said she has been trying to adopt a rescue dog for ages but everyone keeps knocking her back as she is "too far away".

Trying for the sympathy vote? Delusional people can be so dangerous.

They will try another angle, I would imagine. So hopefully someone will be on the ball again to suss them out and to be able to expose them again.

This person just enquired about a dog of mine just a day ago.......so is obviously still doing the rounds

Oh god! I hope they didn't think they'd get Cecil :)

Trying for the sympathy vote? Delusional people can be so dangerous.

They will try another angle, I would imagine. So hopefully someone will be on the ball again to suss them out and to be able to expose them again.

NOOOOO not Cecil. They were after Bundy who is a silky X Terrier.

I had warning flags from that comment alone. There are plenty of rescues that send dogs great distances.......so to keep getting knocked back for that reason only was a bit weird.

I am so grateful to you guys that sent my daughter PM's about this woman, The info she gave us was nearly the same as in this thread except that rescue groups wouldn't let her have a dog as she was disabled. She told my daughter that she would ring her two nights ago to make arrangements to meet up in Gosford about 2 hours from us. Today my daughter has had several voice mail messages on her phone from this person.

I just shudder to think where Mickey might have ended up.

I advise everyone to send warning messages out to any rescues that they know giving details of these people and the stories they are concocting. It won't stop them I know but at least we can try and save some heartache that a rescue person will experience if they get their hands on a dog.

Update:

A group who know nothing about what has been going on, got a call from Narelle on Sunday saying how much they wanted a dog and to keep them in mind etc etc. Minutes later a came through call from a man who wanted to rehome his dog ftgh. Immediately they thought of Narelle as she sounded so nice and they remembered her email from the previous week and thought it could be a good home and gave the man Narelle's number for him to make the decision as to whether he would rehome his dog to them. The man rang Narelle and got her address and 2.5 hours later turned up at her doorstep at Bathurst from Sydney with the dog, his papers, handed him over and left. Narelle was shocked to get the dog and rang the group to tell them that the dog was there and they thought but was this not what you wanted. Next morning Narelle rang the group again but this time to say you have to get this dog out of here, it is chasing my cats and Casey was on the bed and he jumped up and then had a go at Casey, all less than 18 hours later.

Who lets their cats and a new dog interact straight off and lets a new dog in to join the bed and not expect that one of the dogs may not react as these dogs don't even know each other.

There is someone in Bathurst that may be able to take the dog but they cant afford to feed him. DCH have offered to pay for food and if needed he can come to Sydney for rehoming. The breed club is also working on getting him out as is the breeder.

One of the parts and there are so many that is wrong here is the term 'Free to good home' and as we suspected this is NOT a good home

Judy