We Are Looking For A Rescue Dog To Add To The Family

I am being quite serious when I say think this woman is mentally ill, as there is no other explanation for her very odd behaviour. Hard though it is when she is both a thief and a nuisance, I think we should feel sorry for her. But having said that, I do agree that the threatening message should be reported to the police. Most people with a mental illness are harmless and many lead productive lives but when threats are made, don't mess around - report it.
What a very bizzare situation ! :rofl:

I wonder how she keeps up with her 2 year old twins with her needing a walker ? :laugh:

I agree this is very concerning. Personal threats should be repoted to Police without question, I would feel very worried personally.

Having said that, why on earth would people insist on further tormenting an already twisted soul here on this thread?

Comments on how she manages her kids with or without a walker, assumptions re glasses of wine and what ever else has come up are irrelevant.

I have a back ground in disability services, brain injury and MH issues, it's not pretty.

The majority of people have pointed out that their screening and adoption processes are right on track and have stopped this person before even getting a chance. :thumbsup:

Thats exactly how it should be.

I have a disability (and close to getting a walker), so i just wondered how hard it would be for her? i don't have kids, and probably couldn't keep up with kids if i did have them :(

perhaps i shouldn't have added that bit, as it wasn't really relevant. you have a valid point there (my apologies), just that this thread has been quite weird regardless.

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to mention if you are associated with rescue groups list them down as well :rofl: 3 breaches and they are thrown straight into the clink. No messing around with violence anymore from the police :(

Oh and to the OP you really need a life. I hope the docs come and take your kids :laugh:

Atua. :thumbsup: DVO's have a limited application and cannot be taken out against someone with whom you do not have an "enmeshed" relationship. Also I am not aware of any 3 breaches and your binned approach to the legislation in Qld. I am certainly aware of DVO's were there have been multiple breaches and the respondent is not incarcerated. Under these circumstances, in Qld you would need to apply for an injunction under the Peace and Good Behaviour Act not DV legislation.

Forgot to mention if you are associated with rescue groups list them down as well :dancingelephant: 3 breaches and they are thrown straight into the clink. No messing around with violence anymore from the police :happydance2:

Oh and to the OP you really need a life. I hope the docs come and take your kids :dancingelephant:

Atua. :dancingelephant: DVO's have a limited application and cannot be taken out against someone with whom you do not have an "enmeshed" relationship. Also I am not aware of any 3 breaches and your binned approach to the legislation in Qld. I am certainly aware of DVO's were there have been multiple breaches and the respondent is not incarcerated. Under these circumstances, in Qld you would need to apply for an injunction under the Peace and Good Behaviour Act not DV legislation.

Ok fair enough in regard to the enmeshed relationship. However I was at the police station yesterday and the officer told me that sending a bunch of flowers is once breach and locked up over night. Sending a text message to say sorry is the second and lock up and the third is getting a associate of the person whom the DVO is on to contact you is the third breach then the offender is imprisoned. The police are not taking these situations lightly. However my situation was death threats from step sons birth mother threatening to kill our family and her son included.

If she stole money, why not take her to the small claims tribunal? You know where she lives now, so do something about it.

All that is happening is that she is getting roasted on a forum, and she obviously won't stop doing what she is doing, as evidenced by contacting heaps of rescues.

Be proactive, take your complaint to the police and see what they advise.

Honestly... slinging insults at people on an internet forum isn't going to get them to back off... casting aspersions, making threats, and saying things about DOCS taking her children is making those doing it look just as messed up as the person they are "attacking"... and some of the things said about this person in this thread could be construed as libelous if she wished to have a piece of the posters in a legal sense...

Nuisance calls are a fact of life when you are involved in rescue - suck it up and move on, OK? If you get threats by phone, email, or otherwise, go to the Police... that is the only thing you can do...

T.

Atua. :dancingelephant: DVO's have a limited application and cannot be taken out against someone with whom you do not have an "enmeshed" relationship. Also I am not aware of any 3 breaches and your binned approach to the legislation in Qld. I am certainly aware of DVO's were there have been multiple breaches and the respondent is not incarcerated. Under these circumstances, in Qld you would need to apply for an injunction under the Peace and Good Behaviour Act not DV legislation.

What do you mean by 'enmeshed' relationship?

What do you mean by 'enmeshed' relationship?

aarrrrgghhhh I knew someone would ask. It is one of the hardest things to explain about the Act. Enmeshed means that the two or more persons involved have made life decisions jointly. It was worded this way to expand the Act to include relationships that are not covered in the definition of a nuclear family or traditional male/female relationship. So boyfriend/girlfriend at school is NOT enmeshed but a couple in an arranged marriage is. People who don't live together but live joint lives can be included if they can prove that they make the majority of their life decisions jointly but if you live in the same house, sleep in separate rooms, and live separate lives (like flatmates) then this is not enmeshed .. is that clear as mud??????

Back on topic. :dancingelephant: If whomever arranged for this lady to receive the dog which was then rehomed 12 hours later, is able to provide her address details then I would suggest passing them onto the agencies who are looking for her. Make a complaint re her fraudulent activities and let the police decide if they are able to make charges stick. If police cannot act you may wish to seek independent legal advise re civil legal action against her.

I think the most important and rewarding thing about this thread is that a LOT of rescue groups that may well have been stung by this lady are now well aware of her situation and method of attack so her sphere of shopping has been severely compromised and it will limit the damage she can do in the future. We can only hope that word of mouth will continue amonsgt shelters and rescue organisations and she will eventually be shut down completely.

Oh dear, it appears Narelle has finally gotten another dog :(

How, what, when??????? :D

:thumbsup:

From a private rehoming listed on a rescue site. Narelle was talking to the rescue about 1 of their dogs and next thing they knew she had taken the private rehoming, a 2yo male with all of his vet work done. Narelle rang a couple of days afterwards and said she was having trouble with him barking. :laugh:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just found this thread...... there are strange people in this world.. :laugh:

Me too! If nothing else it serves as a good reminder never to give dogs (or any pets) away for free!

Our much loved cat was FTGH, and it's such a shame that more of them can't end up in loving homes, but half the reason we went for her was to make sure no one else, with bad intentions, did. I'd never rehome an animal ftgh to a stranger. :love:

• 1 year later...

Yep they contacted me in regards to a cat I have up on petrescue.com.au...

I had posted this info I have since found out about Narelle and Steve Hiley on other sites, including this note I put up on facebook..

-------------------------------------------------------

Some may know that I have 3 of my precious furr-kids listed up on petrescue.com.au .. the other day I was contacted about Smokey from a seemingly lovely lady called "Jess"... as you can see below, her email:

Hi Bek

We are a family of 4 including 2 small children...we have another male 7ys old desexed male vacc cat who we are looking for another "lounge lizard" to hang out with

We just found out he is in the early stages of kidney failure and the vet even suggested that we find an older cat (Not a kitten) for him to be friends with

We live in forster

Do you think we would be suitable for Smokey?

If so with the POA what would it be?

Thanks

Jess

So I emailed her back and such, we haven't had too much interest in Smokey, so this all seemed a go ahead and like this lady was very interested in giving Smokey a wonderful loving forever home..

Emails back and forth over the past few days, made her seem really legit. The current email she has been using to contact me is: [email protected] - doing my own search on that and finding absolutely nothing should have been my first clue.

I sent her a couple more pics of Smokey and even a video I did of the cats and she seemed so excited and sure that Smokey was definitely the one for them and their other cat "cena". I was happy to think that maybe Smokey had finally found his forever home.

We found out that there were no available flights from here to Forster, so we started looking around for other travel arrangements, i.e by road.

This is when I realised these people weren't who they said they were... I call this; "A God Thing"

When I checked my email Monday night, I had a FWD quote from a company called "Dog Movers". I had never heard of Dog Movers so it was really confusing because it said it was from a "Steve H" email: [email protected]. And it had an attached inquiry email below the quote from a "Narrelle Hiley". This got me thinking, who was this Narrelle lady? as I'd been contacted by a "Jess".

Tuesday morning I decided to do a search for a Narrelle Hiley, and found her on facebook, found groups she had written on walls on facebook, and most importantly I found a very interesting and informative thread here! This thread!!

Thank goodness I found the link to this thread otherwise I would not know what I do about these people now.

Every piece of information she had told me in her emails matched up with what she'd told others here.

This information NEEDS to be spread so that other rescue organisations and adoption groups, breeders and so on can be made aware of these people, and others like them.

PLEASE be careful and fully research the people (unless you know them, or know of them) before you send these little furr-babies off to these homes.

So when I put all the pieces together, largely from the information I found right here, I made another post here letting everyone know that these people were up to their old tricks again.

Its sad.. no idea what kind of kick they get from doing this??

Yep they contacted me in regards to a cat I have up on petrescue.com.au...

I had posted this info I have since found out about Narelle and Steve Hiley on other sites, including this note I put up on facebook..

-------------------------------------------------------

Some may know that I have 3 of my precious furr-kids listed up on petrescue.com.au .. the other day I was contacted about Smokey from a seemingly lovely lady called "Jess"... as you can see below, her email:

Hi Bek

We are a family of 4 including 2 small children...we have another male 7ys old desexed male vacc cat who we are looking for another "lounge lizard" to hang out with

We just found out he is in the early stages of kidney failure and the vet even suggested that we find an older cat (Not a kitten) for him to be friends with

We live in forster

Do you think we would be suitable for Smokey?

If so with the POA what would it be?

Thanks

Jess

So I emailed her back and such, we haven't had too much interest in Smokey, so this all seemed a go ahead and like this lady was very interested in giving Smokey a wonderful loving forever home..

Emails back and forth over the past few days, made her seem really legit. The current email she has been using to contact me is: [email protected] - doing my own search on that and finding absolutely nothing should have been my first clue.

I sent her a couple more pics of Smokey and even a video I did of the cats and she seemed so excited and sure that Smokey was definitely the one for them and their other cat "cena". I was happy to think that maybe Smokey had finally found his forever home.

We found out that there were no available flights from here to Forster, so we started looking around for other travel arrangements, i.e by road.

This is when I realised these people weren't who they said they were... I call this; "A God Thing"

When I checked my email Monday night, I had a FWD quote from a company called "Dog Movers". I had never heard of Dog Movers so it was really confusing because it said it was from a "Steve H" email: [email protected]. And it had an attached inquiry email below the quote from a "Narrelle Hiley". This got me thinking, who was this Narrelle lady? as I'd been contacted by a "Jess".

Tuesday morning I decided to do a search for a Narrelle Hiley, and found her on facebook, found groups she had written on walls on facebook, and most importantly I found a very interesting and informative thread here! This thread!!

Thank goodness I found the link to this thread otherwise I would not know what I do about these people now.

Every piece of information she had told me in her emails matched up with what she'd told others here.

This information NEEDS to be spread so that other rescue organisations and adoption groups, breeders and so on can be made aware of these people, and others like them.

PLEASE be careful and fully research the people (unless you know them, or know of them) before you send these little furr-babies off to these homes.

So when I put all the pieces together, largely from the information I found right here, I made another post here letting everyone know that these people were up to their old tricks again.

Its sad.. no idea what kind of kick they get from doing this??

Another alias...Jess. These people are sick sick sick :mad :mad :mad

Edited by Lassie come home Collie Roughs