We Are Looking For A Rescue Dog To Add To The Family

Is 'Dogmovers' a legitimate dog transport company and they are using their name or is there no such business at all and it is them disguising themselves as the dog transport company they are using?

As an aside, has anyone seen the movie 'Catfish'?

This whole senario reminds me of this movie. (and the movie is a documentary, not fiction)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to many of you I only dipped a toenail into rescue/rehoming but OMG there are some nutters out there. If it feels wrong it probably is. I had a phone call from someone desperate for Teddy (MaltxShi from a couple of years ago) for her little girl's 7th birthday, in a couple of days time. He wasn't suitable as a kid's dog and I said so. Two days later I had another call from a totally different person who was desperate for a dog to go to her aunt who had breast cancer but her dog was dying and needed to be pts so they wanted to get her another dog immediately (before the long-time dog was pts) to make everyone happy. There was just one word pronounced the same way (an accent, but unusual) that put my hackles up. Ted was unsuitable for both families without even meeting them, but then I found out that one of the young girls at the pet food place where I'd put up a poster was the cousin of the 7yo and the neice of the woman 'recovering' from cancer who didn't want another dog but thought she should do what she could to make the little girl happy. Eeeeeeek. They would have said anything to get this dog, based on a photo. I changed his petrescue profile to be less cute after this.

Now if I have any say, no dog goes anywhere from me without careful checking and, if I can't do a yard check, at least a vet reference and maybe a local rescue group visiting.

Ted's eventual family is still sending Christmas cards and he has been very important to them through some troubles and has finally proved he was worth all the effort. Phew!

Is 'Dogmovers' a legitimate dog transport company and they are using their name or is there no such business at all and it is them disguising themselves as the dog transport company they are using?

As an aside, has anyone seen the movie 'Catfish'?

This whole senario reminds me of this movie. (and the movie is a documentary, not fiction)

I just read this thread from start to finish and I'm gobsmacked at the lengths people will go to for no apparent reason. I saw 'Catfish' a week or so ago and yes, this woman is very reminiscent of the one in the doco.

That's the part I just don't get is what they can possibly get out of this and to think they continue to do it. Need to watch 'Catfish' I think.

• 6 months later...

As of today Narelle/Michelle/Jess is at it again! I will leave it up to the owner of the rescue if she wants to give more details but she is at work and will not have access until later. Thank goodness for DoL - the dog she was enquiring about is a beautiful old soul and does not need any messing about.

As of today Narelle/Michelle/Jess is at it again! I will leave it up to the owner of the rescue if she wants to give more details but she is at work and will not have access until later. Thank goodness for DoL - the dog she was enquiring about is a beautiful old soul and does not need any messing about.

There were here too in Forster messed with AWL they seem to be working their way up the coast

Compared to many of you I only dipped a toenail into rescue/rehoming but OMG there are some nutters out there. If it feels wrong it probably is. I had a phone call from someone desperate for Teddy (MaltxShi from a couple of years ago) for her little girl's 7th birthday, in a couple of days time. He wasn't suitable as a kid's dog and I said so. Two days later I had another call from a totally different person who was desperate for a dog to go to her aunt who had breast cancer but her dog was dying and needed to be pts so they wanted to get her another dog immediately (before the long-time dog was pts) to make everyone happy. There was just one word pronounced the same way (an accent, but unusual) that put my hackles up. Ted was unsuitable for both families without even meeting them, but then I found out that one of the young girls at the pet food place where I'd put up a poster was the cousin of the 7yo and the neice of the woman 'recovering' from cancer who didn't want another dog but thought she should do what she could to make the little girl happy. Eeeeeeek. They would have said anything to get this dog, based on a photo. I changed his petrescue profile to be less cute after this.

Now if I have any say, no dog goes anywhere from me without careful checking and, if I can't do a yard check, at least a vet reference and maybe a local rescue group visiting.

Ted's eventual family is still sending Christmas cards and he has been very important to them through some troubles and has finally proved he was worth all the effort. Phew!

Good on you, Katdogs. Your sharp thinking saved Ted. :thumbsup:

And then we have other threads complaining it's 'too hard' to get a dog from rescue. Those who complain should read stories like this one.

Guest lavendergirl

These sort of stories make me shudder whenever I see the "free to good home" ads. I notice lately more of these ads popping up on Trading Post etc for quite uncommon dogs. I saw one recently for an American Cocker Spaniel - an beautiful older female luckily desexed. Do people have no idea what types there are out there who will seek to get a hold of these dogs and re-sell for a profit - or worse if they are not desexed. :mad

I have just read through this whole thread don't understand why she does this :confused:

But I googled and went through facebook and found this on Fostering Program of the AWLQ

Narelle Hiley

Hi im looking to forster a med size dog around the gold coast if possible :) Does anyone need forstering?

But her facebook account says she lives in NSW :confused:

Edited by krystal&coco

I have just read through this whole thread don't understand why she does this :confused:

But I googled and went through facebook and found this on Fostering Program of the AWLQ

Narelle Hiley

Hi im looking to forster a med size dog around the gold coast if possible :) Does anyone need forstering?

But her facebook account says she lives in NSW :confused:

She was in NSW when we had dealings with her, don't know where she is now.

I am the person she contacted yesterday. :thanks: Coogie for picking up on her name. I have emailed AWL with an urgent email containing a link to this thread.

Guest donatella

You'd think she'd know how to spell foster by now.

Good on you Ams for mailing them, I might even link this thread under her post on their wall as I follow the AWLQ pages closely

This woman has just applied for one of my rescue dogs!!! In her application form she states the only animals she has is a bird. Would love to know what happened to her other animals!! Needless to say I will not be adopting any of my dogs out to her

Everyone is already madly spreading the word through their various networks,it does worry me she will get under the radar somewhere but we have posted to fb as well as . If people are willing they could share the link? If you google her name it will come up. I have also emailed Trading Post but doubt there will be much they can do. Thanks to all who are helping spread the word.

Guest lavendergirl

I am surprised she bothers with rescue dogs as there are so many "free to good home" giveaways out there and I am sure she could fool people (the ones who actually care where their dog ends up) into thinking she is a "good home".