We Are Looking For A Rescue Dog To Add To The Family

Hi we are a family of 6 and live in Bathurst NSW. We have a 17yr old a 16yr old & 2 yr old twins.

We also have a 5yr old collie (rough)....2 cats...3 chickens...a rabbit & a gunea pig

My problem is i am having a huge problem trying to find a friend for our collie (Casey) Some are great with kids but not with cats :D Some are great with cats and not with kids :laugh: Some are great with kids & cats but not with chickens or rabbits :laugh:

We have a huge soft spot for someone who is looking for a home who may normally be overlooked (so to speak)

Someone who has arthritis...only 3 legs...etc

What we can 100% promise is that (like Casey) they will be soooo spoilt they wont know what to do with themselves! lol

Casey sleeps in our room and she is inside 99% of the time! We cook up chicken just for her and she gets tummy rubs...paw massages and comes everywhere with us!

We would love for her to have a doggie pal of her own...to gas bag with....go to the powder room with and generally lay about all over the lounge all day! hehehehe

Does anyone out there have anyone that we may suit?

We are home 24/7 as i have a disability that requires me to use my walker

Casey also has arthritis in her legs as well as a leg that may require amputation later in life (but we wouldnt part with her!...even tho the vets told us 2! GRRRRRR )

So if anyone has any suggestions could you just drop me a PMS that would be great!

Thank you all

Michelle

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We get requests for dogs like that all the time. :D

We do adopt out dogs like this, every week. But the procedure is to apply first, and wait until we have a dog ready for you. (between two and twelve weeks).

It takes time to assess a dog with cats, and then more cats, and then chooks and kids. We would rat test but not rabbit test, as rabbits are illegal around here. :laugh:

Dogs that meet all this criteria are in high demand, probably even a three legged one. :laugh:

Are you guys poking fun at me and my pack of geriatic Collie Roughs :laugh: :D :)

I'm talking about ME :laugh::love: . I wanna be adopted and looked after. ;) ;)

Cynthia you look like you are doing a pretty good job of looking after yourself and besides you are not hairy enough for me :eek::(:(

Now you are having a go at me ....... just 'cos I'm a bit ( ;) ) porky and have skinny hair. :swing::cheer:

Sorry barfsfan, I'm bad for derailing your thread.

Have you gone to www.petrescue.org.au? How is the search progressing?

Narelle Hiley wrote

at 12:33pm on June 10th, 2009

Our family adopted the beutiful Chloe (who we have rename Casey) from KB Paws in Wa and she was flown to us all the way to Bathurst!

She is the most beautiful Collie Rough and loves everyone in our family We have a 17yr old as well as 20month old twins who absolutely adore her!

We have bought her a warm doggie bed (as it gets very cold here) and she sleeps at the foot of our bed and is a very very spolit young lady!

We love her so much would couldnt imagine what our life would be without her

She is 4.5yrs old and was given up for adoption to KB Paws as the older couple who owned her since she was a puppy could no longer take care of her

We love our beautiful casey and we thank KB Paws in WA and petrescue.com.au for giving us the opportunity to become Caseys new forever family.

Hi Michelle

I have copied this from Petrescue facebook as I just realised how similar yours and the life of Steve and Narelle Hiley is in that you both have a Collie Rough called Casey, have 20th month old twins and a 17 year old, live in Bathurst and another post tells us that you have moved into housing commission accommodation. The reason that I am drawing attention to this is that Steve and Narelle Hiley lived at the Central Coast and they fostered and adopted out 3 pups for DCH and they left town without as much a goodbye and they stole the adoption fees of $750 from an animal rescue charity that the new owners of the pups gave to them to pass onto DCH. We tried in vain as did others to find them and one day this post appeared on facebook. It is just so bizarre and as Bathurst is a town and people get to know each other in a town could you ask the Hileys to pay us the money they stole.

Thanks Michelle, much appreciated.

Judy

Well I am shocked to find that Narelle and Michelle are THE same person :laugh::( (tongue in cheek as right I had not worked that 1 out). She have been telling :rofl::rofl: to many rescue people about wanting their dogs. Michelle put her name on a pup and had made a tentative arrangement to met at the bottom of the blue mountains on Monday to take pup back to Bathurst. When the group saw this post they contacted me and by this time another group came to light and Narelle and Steve as themselves have been talking to them about their dog and they were just waiting on them to give their address in Bathurst for the dog to be taken to. Michelle contacted another group about wanting 2 of their dogs and had contacted at least 4 more groups either by phone (same numbers as Michelle and Narelle) or email (several email address), lots of phone calls although DCH was not there though, I wonder why, 750 reasons come to mind

The pup was withdrawn from them and last night Michelle started bombarding the group with emails and to keep it short, they have no money, kept saying that if they had the pup they would give him the best home in the whole wide world and how they want a play mate for Casey to run around with, a dog that may need her leg amputated in the near future and at 5 suffers with arthritis and if they just had this pup (who they have not met as yet) life would be just perfect. At the end they asked if they could have, you will love this one :rofl::rofl: a "Puppy lay by". I dont think she really even wanted the pup it was just once pup was withdrawn and she then knew that she could waste someones time even more now knowing they would not get the pup. The other thing is that they would have left this person sitting on Monday waiting for them to turn up and they would not have, thats evil :eek::eek:

These people were foster carers, they know how it works and they know that the reason we are all here is to find homes for these poor abandoned animals we take into care and for someone that know whats involved to play games like this is unforgiveable. :D

I imagine that Narelle will invent another identity and this seems to me thats how she gets her kicks so everyone be careful of sick individuals like this. :eek::laugh: