Preferred Premium And Super Premiums?

stormie

Bit of market research - what better place! :)

One of our vets has just bought a new clinic and I'll be joining them in a week or so. We're looking at possibly changing the brand of food the place currently sells, as well as adding a Super Premium to the range too.

Basically what I want to know is what your preferred brand of Premium food (vet brands) is, if you had to chose, ie Hills, Euk, Royal Canin, Iams etc.

And then what would your preferred Super Premium (Eagle Pack Holistic, Artemis etc) food be? We were going to run with Eagle Pack, but after hearing about the change in the recipe, now I'm having second thoughts.

Any suggestions would be most welcome!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there been a change in Eagle Pack formulas? I would vote for Eagle Pack, Artemis or it would be great to buy Natura products in Australia not from a certain well known puppy selling franchise.

i know that some well known puppy selling franchise has the sole rights to disctribute some dog foods, ie evo, so this may be the case with natura unfortunately

I believe there will be major changes with Eagle pack range(not all) due to the international trade thingy.

personally i think vets shouldnt sell biscuits or even promote a certain brand.Unless your prices will be competitve for eagle packs & the likes how many would actually buy from there vet compared to other means??

I believe there will be major changes with Eagle pack range(not all) due to the international trade thingy.

personally i think vets shouldnt sell biscuits or even promote a certain brand.Unless your prices will be competitve for eagle packs & the likes how many would actually buy from there vet compared to other means??

I recently complained to the vet that the only place I could get Eagle Pack from sold puppies. They offered to get it in for me and frankly, given the range of places where it's available, I'd rather the vet got the money.

Still waiting on what changes there are to the formula. If you know what they are, perhaps you could say. Or even explain what you mean by the above?

The vet I work at stock RC and Advance, although after reading a lot about it I do wish that we got Eaglepack in as well. Is the change in recipe going to affect the quality at all?

Stormie, do you guys get reps for the different food brands coming through?

My first instinct would be to say RC and Artemis.

That would be dependant on two things though:

1. How easy is Artemis for you to access vs EP.

2. Are your Vets going to suggest EP duck or EP fish for dogs with allergies over say..RC Sensitivity/Hypoallergenic?

If they are always going to steer clients to the prescription range of RC for food allergies that's fine, it may just be easier to stock Artemis if that were the case. :hug:

I recently complained to the vet that the only place I could get Eagle Pack from sold puppies. They offered to get it in for me and frankly, given the range of places where it's available, I'd rather the vet got the money.

Still waiting on what changes there are to the formula. If you know what they are, perhaps you could say. Or even explain what you mean by the above?

There are plenty of places you can get it even online as for changes contact eagle pack but due to food regulations on imported goods various foods places/products have to comply to meet import standards .

It may not affect all the range ,it may do .

I just now from people who are reps that there will be changes but we no longer feed it so i havent asked

Pro Plan Selects. It's expensive, but my dogs absolutely loved it, to the point where I could use it as training treats. Also Eagle Pack Holistic.

Could you also stock a cheaper, Australian made food as well? Uncle Albers, and The Great Barko are made by Laucke Mills in SA, and it's an excellent kibble.

What change in recipe?

yes please, what change? i use eagle pack holistic duck and oatmeal.

I can't find the exact thing I read now... But the Great Dane Lady has stopped feeding and recommending it, since it has been sold to another company. I'm so sure that a couple of weeks ago there was something mentioned about how it has changed, but tnow I can't find it anymore so perhaps what was posted was wrong.

The idea is really to just offer something other than the typical vet foods. Obviously for allergic conditions, a proper food trial would be done first rather than just putting them onto a holistic. But it would just be nice to offer something else, other than the typical vet brands, for people whose pets may not do so well on the typical vet brands or those who may be a little but more conscious of what they feed and would like the option of something different.

Price will also play a part in it, particularly if it works out to be a lot more expensive to buy from us than other sources, but at the moment its just an idea to be a little bit different.

I was extremely happy with Eagle PAck, however, I have been unable to get the 'Power Formula' for over a month now so my dogs have been changed to ProPlan performance. Should the dogs do well on the Pro Plan, I won't go back to E.P as the brand has been far to varied in its availablity etc. I want a food to feed my dogs that I can actually get when I want it.

RC and Eagle Pack.

Though Eagle Pack seems to have a higher choice of variety compared to Artemis. So if you were already stocking quite a few different varieties of RC than Artemis might be more practical in that regards?

I've never used EP for the dog but am feeding it to my cat with fantastic results. I would love to be able to buy it from my local vet rather than having to order it on-line. Not so much for the price as for the convenience factor :)