Preferred Premium And Super Premiums?

stormie

due to food regulations on imported goods various foods places/products have to comply to meet import standards .

It would be interesting to get more information on this.

The only changes I'm aware of (and there may be people out there who can provide better info) are regarding stopping the irradiation of imported cat food. The flow on of that is that dog food that is irradiated must bear the information that the food is unsuitable for cats to eat.

It stands to reason that if a company (not saying any one in particular) has previously irradiated their food without having to inform their customers, that they may prefer to make any changes to obtain irradiation free status, rather than slap a sticker on and deal with the aftermath.

Personally, I'm a bit over the lack of openess with some companies.

Back to the question: I'd like to see Artemis and RC or Nutrience. And I would certainly buy from my own vet if they were the best option (as opposed to a pet selling outlet).

Sags

:laugh:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The felines get Artemis Maximal dry and Eagle Pack tins.

The Spotted Dog eats Artemis adult - would feed Artemis Maximal if not for Dally dietary requirements :laugh: I didn't have much luck with EP holistic - he looked great but his poos were awful!!!

Zig did well as a youngster on Advance Large Breed Puppy formula too.

Foster kittens usually get RC and no complaints from any of us.

So definitely Artemis and perhaps EP and RC :D

I would say Artemis and Nutrience, years ago our dogs were fed Nutrience before it was readily available and they did very well, now both dogs and cats are on Artemis and they all look great.

We did try Eagle pack but found it was hard to keep weight on them and they didn't seem to like it much.

I'm still giggling at the term "super premium"!

The food needs to have a presciption and a general use range and not too many do that! Focus on the needs of the majority of clients not on the uses of single people! Perhaps you should poll your clients instead of here.

I'm sure you don't mean for that to sound as cynical as it does.

Many vets carry prescription diets in addition to unrelated premium "retail" brands.

What more and more vets are finding out is that some of the top of the range "retail" lines just happen to address many of their clients dogs problems, as well as being less pricey and generally much more palatable.

Not every vet wants to run with the pack.

Thank goodness!

Sags

I buy EPH (large puppy) for my 10 month old lab. Have had no problems at all with poos and she seems to love it. having said that, she'd probably eat anything that was put down in front of her.

I use it all the time when training her.

I did have to buy a pack of the regular EP large puppy kibble yesterday though because the only place in Newcastle that I've found to stock it has been out for about a month and they don't know when they will be getting more in. Has anyone else had supply problems with EP recently?

I did have to buy a pack of the regular EP large puppy kibble yesterday though because the only place in Newcastle that I've found to stock it has been out for about a month and they don't know when they will be getting more in. Has anyone else had supply problems with EP recently?

Is that Petstock? The last few times I have gone to get some both of the stores were out of most of the holistic foods. The last time was a month ago and they said not enough was being made to meet demand. A lot of places online seemed to be out too. i was getting pretty annoyed so I've switched to Artemis.

Edited by Cat

I would have said Nutrience over all of them but in Sydney they have been knocked out of Petbarn and replaced by Eagle Pack - who have delivered once and now have no supply!!

Nutrience seem to have spat the dummy and are not deliverying to any of the smaller suppliers because they are not trucking into the bigger ones!! So overnight can't get it at all - except from their own store where they price to the max!! Nothing like no competition.

So no Nutrience to be found - Eagle Pack seemed like an alternative but I haven't be able to try it because there is none in stock (their loyalty program sux comparatively too...) and so I have been feeding Royal Canin. Dogs like it but eat 2 x as much and the bags are smaller and cost more. Grrrr. The Diet formula is much higher in everything than the Nutrience and the dieting dog is hungry all the time. (Nutrience is the only diet food I have found where they are not starving). So frankly I am at my wits end.

My other RC issue is that the cats like the dog formula waaay to much....they are not so fussed about the cat ones..

Nutrience seem to have spat the dummy and are not deliverying to any of the smaller suppliers because they are not trucking into the bigger ones!! So overnight can't get it at all - except from their own store where they price to the max!! Nothing like no competition.

We get regular deliveries from Nutrience (distribution by Pet Pacific) and we are what I'd call a "smaller" outlet, being one independent store.

Any retailer that stocks Pet Pacific products (think Jebo tanks, Red Dingo, Wanpy treats, catit and dogit range) can order Nutrience, so it might pay to start phoning around and apply some pressure.

I would also suggest contact Pet Pacific (they are in Sydney) with your frustrations as I imagine they would love to have you back as a customer.

Feel free to pm me if you need a contact name or details.

Sags

:laugh:

I'm still giggling at the term "super premium"!

The food needs to have a presciption and a general use range and not too many do that! Focus on the needs of the majority of clients not on the uses of single people! Perhaps you should poll your clients instead of here.

Thanks but I'm well aware of the requirements of foods within a veterinary clinic. I'm not talking about our prescription range - that won't be changing. I'm talking about the general use food available to clients. There is no rule saying that you need to stock the same brands of prescription as you do in the general range.

And yes, in my experience, 'holistic' foods such as EP and Artemis refer to themselves as Super Premiums.

Thanks all for your input. We have big plans for this clinic and want to offer the best we can for our clients. I hate the theories that vets push certain brands of food for commissions etc and would rather offer food which people really do actually trust.

Edited by stormie

I would have said Nutrience over all of them but in Sydney they have been knocked out of Petbarn and replaced by Eagle Pack - who have delivered once and now have no supply!!

So no Nutrience to be found - Eagle Pack seemed like an alternative but I haven't be able to try it because there is none in stock (their loyalty program sux comparatively too...) and so I have been feeding Royal Canin. Dogs like it but eat 2 x as much and the bags are smaller and cost more. Grrrr. The Diet formula is much higher in everything than the Nutrience and the dieting dog is hungry all the time. (Nutrience is the only diet food I have found where they are not starving). So frankly I am at my wits end.

My other RC issue is that the cats like the dog formula waaay to much....they are not so fussed about the cat ones..

Hi there,

Am new to forums so a little rusty.

Just want to reply in regards to Nutrience supply to independent Sydney stores and Petbarn.

Petbarn are ranging Nutrience in 5 stores with the remaining 32 (approximately) having access to buy Nutrience and stock it but not a specific range of it.

We have good stock levels and are continuing to happily sell to all our valued independent retailers Australia wide.

If anyone has any questions about Nutrience please feel free to ask. I'm on leave for a long weekend from today so will answer any questions from Monday if I don't get a chance today.

I know there's a following for Ziwipeak in small dog owners, but honestly I coudn't afford to feed it to my medium dogs- and that's getting it at Vet wholesaler price. The prices are crazy for it.

I'm wondering why it is so expensive. At almost $30 per kg you can buy your dog top quality steak, in fact any top quality cut of meat for that price.