September Photography Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just adding these.

Haven't had the chance to get out this month

this are queenstown NZ - none are edited - all using a little point and shoot (canon ixus)

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

Ripley - with your pre sunrise photo - was it really dark and you used your tripod and long exposure? that shot is great!

We went to my friends birthday party a couple of weekends ago, and as she lives near where the bushfires were, and we were running a little early (that usually never happens for us!), we detoured slightly and took the St Andrews-Kinglake Rd. The landscape is simply stunning, and I am amazed at both the devestation and the ability for the trees to sprout new growth. Here's a few of my favourites

kinglake011.jpg

kinglake004.jpg

kinglake002.jpg

kinglake008.jpg

Ripley - with your pre sunrise photo - was it really dark and you used your tripod and long exposure? !

Queenstown area looks beautiful - stunning!

OK, I wanted to see the dawn (as I never see it being a night owl) so I got there while it was still dark. I had to find my way through the pistonia forest trail with a torch which was a little creepy. :laugh:. It was still dark when I set up my tripod but the light was changing very fast, faster than I'd anticipated not knowing what the hell I was doing technically. I noticed the light was quite blue and soft due to the reflection off the ocean.

I couldn't get the long enough exposure I wanted due to the changing light so I stuck on a ND filter to the lens which slowed the exposure down to 30 secs. I used a tripod for the dawn shots, the others were all hand held.

eta: I checked the photo stats and it was a 30 second exposure, not 20. :laugh:

Edited by Ripley