Help Needed For Male Pitbull Or Will Be Pts

atua

I was browsing pet link and found this ad. I have sent the owner a email saying if they cant find a home for him to let me know and I will fly him up here although I dont feel its safe for him to come to QLD. I am hoping someone on here may be able to help or know someone that wants him. I have asked for pictures also so will post them as soon as I get them and let you know when I hear more.

Fingers and toes crossed for this boy I really am worried :D

:D

Posted by ****** (Hobart, Tasmania) on 1-Sep-09 01:27 AM AEST

To reply to this advertisement email [email protected]

HOME REQUIRED URGENTLY OTHERWISE HE WILL BE PUT DOWN :love:

Luger is a 2yo male rednose pitbull. He has the sweetest temperament and has been bought up around kids and other dogs and cats. He is free to a loving home as his owner can not keep him at rental. He is obedient and house trained, and just loves to have company. He is a real smoocher.

If interested or know someone who is please call 0*********************** (above email no longer working)

Pics available via email **************** for contact details please PM me

ETA should I put this into rescue as well or not? I wasnt sure where to put this????

Also to remove contact details

Edited by atua

Hopefully he is desexed, to start with...poor boy :thumbsup:

Im hoping the same thing. I would just hate to see him get into some idiots hands. I feel so helpless. I wish I could do something but I know that bringing him to QLD will be a death wish waiting to happen.

Bumping for this poor fellow.

Trouble is you carnt always believe what they say in ads they say they want a new home for him just coz theyre in a rental but that mightnt be the only reason whos to say what the dogs really like.Myself I wouldnt be taking him without meeting the dog.

He probably is just like they describe him but if he has got some problems and you arrange to fly him up you could be in a bit of trouble specially in Qld.

I think it pays to be careful with ads like this and not automatically believe everything they say people will say anything when they want to get rid of a dog

Edited by Paganman

What are the rules in Tas in regard to pitbulls?

Well until recently they were pretty lax but unfortunately our IDIOT government has passed similar legislation to the rest of Aus.

I would love to help but already have 3 at home and no spare run to keep rescues in.

Will ask a couple people tomo.

What are the rules in Tas in regard to pitbulls?

Well until recently they were pretty lax but unfortunately our IDIOT government has passed similar legislation to the rest of Aus.

I would love to help but already have 3 at home and no spare run to keep rescues in.

Will ask a couple people tomo.

Thank you very much for that.

Kirty, I hate seeing pit bulls get in the wrong hands and its always sad to see an adult dog for sale or giveaway. Bad owners = bad media damage which means more negativity on a already endangered dog breed.

Probably not any different to any other breed threatened to be PTS but do they have the bad media coverage that pit bulls do? I was just trying to help this dog out as it is my favorite breed of dog.

I understand you cant believe what people say in ads. I havent had a reply from this person yet so assuming that this dog has been homed. I emailed her on the 1st.

Thank you to everyone who has taken their time in helping and reading this thread

If the dog is a pitbull (and not a pedigreed, registered Am Staff) then I don't like your chances of having the dog moved anywhere.

Certainly if Qld authorities believe that the dog is a "declared breed" he won't even get to leave the Airport this end.

And given that Tassie has now fallen into line I would even doubt he would be accepted for shipping in Hobart / Launceston.