Dock Diving

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff Ruthless! Will we see you at the October 24th mock comp??

Yeah :( Are yours on the team? We'll be at training for the next few Saturdays. Will you be there?

Chopper! Chopper! Ra! Ra! Ra!!

Knuckles and Dutch will be your cheerleaders :rofl:

:thumbsup::cheer: :D

Well done Chopper!

My boy's breeder has her dog Doc on the team and I can't wait till its more widespread cause Mort loves to launch himself into the water so Dock Diving may be an options for the future!

I'm hoping this really takes off all around Australia, because I have a Lab who is a water baby (no, really! :rofl::thumbsup:) and would probably love this! Not to mention how much fun it looks for the handler, too! :birthday:

Oh and how rude of me, I forgot to say CONGRATS!!! Here's hoping you get picked! :)

Edited by RubyStar

I was talking to some people on Saturday and they said after the games, they were going to practice in Pitt Town?? in Sydney. Also read that over 50% of dogs that compete in dock diving overseas are labradors. Thats not to say other breeds can't be good at it, just to give you an idea. Similar to flyball and border collies.

So what is the under dog thing about? How does it work?

Edited by whatevah

Great stuff Ruthless! Will we see you at the October 24th mock comp??

Yeah :thumbsup: Are yours on the team? We'll be at training for the next few Saturdays. Will you be there?

Polo is on the team, he lurves it ;)

No, we won't be there the next couple of weekends, I have other commitments.

I was talking to some people on Saturday and they said after the games, they were going to practice in Pitt Town?? in Sydney. Also read that over 50% of dogs that compete in dock diving overseas are labradors. Thats not to say other breeds can't be good at it, just to give you an idea. Similar to flyball and border collies.

Awesome!! I think I've seen photos of many Labs dock diving, so I'd love to try it with Ruby. Though it's Millie who could probably jump further, having springs in her feet and all! But she doesn't swim :rofl:

Polo is on the team, he lurves it :rainbowbridge:

No, we won't be there the next couple of weekends, I have other commitments.

They told me there was a GSP on the team. That's awesome. How did you hear about the initial try-outs?

You'll have to come and say hello on the 24th. I'll be the one with the camera trying to disassociate myself from the whinging staffy x! :laugh:

Not entirely sure. They have a team of 11, they want one more. Four dogs showed potential on Saturday so we all get to train with the team for the next few weeks and I think we all get to take part in the mock competition on the 24th. After that they'll pick "the underdog". Apparently there's opportunities for the other three dogs to perform with the team at demos in the future if they're good.

They told us to look at YouTube movies to check out the different techniques. I came across this one ...

Go the SBTs!!! :laugh:

Chopper sucked ass today at training :( I'm posting this photo from Saturday again so you can see the areas I'm talking about ...

3975679937_9d056d0c7b.jpg

He's decided that jumping off the dock properly is a last resort. The preferred option is going through the gate [where the guy is standing] and running down the ramp. If the gate is blocked off he jumps from the dock onto the ramp :laugh: Now that he's got that into his head he won't jump properly. Even with the gate blocked and someone standing on the ramp he took ages of pacing back and forth to jump in, without getting any distance :(

Chopper sucked ass today at training :thumbsup: I'm posting this photo from Saturday again so you can see the areas I'm talking about ...

3975679937_9d056d0c7b.jpg

He's decided that jumping off the dock properly is a last resort. The preferred option is going through the gate [where the guy is standing] and running down the ramp. If the gate is blocked off he jumps from the dock onto the ramp :thumbsup: Now that he's got that into his head he won't jump properly. Even with the gate blocked and someone standing on the ramp he took ages of pacing back and forth to jump in, without getting any distance :clap:

Oh no! :thanks: I hope he gets his confidence back soon!!