Dock Diving

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a black sheet and a steel pole and blocked off the view of the ramp from the dock. I blocked off the gate too. For Chopper's first jump he took ages of pacing and screaming in frustration before finally jumping in. The next few were fine. He's jumping in now, his best jump was only 7ft today though :wave: The other dogs are all getting between 10 and 20ft. Hopefully he'll get better. I was just happy that he's jumping off the dock now!!

My OH didn't come, so I brought a crate to put Chops in every now and again to give my arm a rest from the pulling and lunging. He was none too happy! :wave:

3997567406_8dbb6dbcf1.jpg

One of the other owners fell in the pool today. Her face looked kinda like the BC above! :wave:

Edited by ruthless

How are you online?! :)

I've more from today [the other ones are from last week], I might not get them up for another day or two though.

Well done to everyone who made the team! :) Chopper didn't get picked, but that came as no surprise! We got two tickets to go to the games anyway, so that'll probably be more enjoyable than a weekend of having Chopper hanging out of us! :birthday:

I've more from today [the other ones are from last week], I might not get them up for another day or two though.

Awwww, you mean I have to wait???

Chopper is as handsome in the flesh as in his photos :) It was nice to meet you, if somewhat briefly :)

Well you gave it a go, you got some fantastic shots of your dog and other dogs, free tickets to the event and free training.!!!!

For sure! Happy days :birthday:

Awwww, you mean I have to wait???

Chopper is as handsome in the flesh as in his photos :birthday: It was nice to meet you, if somewhat briefly :)

I won't keep you too long! I've downloaded them off the card. The good one I thought I had of Polo is possibly not as good as I thought it was!!

Nice to meet you both too! I was raging that I'd put my camera away when I was coming back from the toilets and I saw Polo and Flynn waiting for you. They were being so good and so cute with their ears pricked watching your every move! :)

Not sure exactly who, but Doc and Polo and Noah did.

:laugh: ;) :welcome: yeay! - ok so I'm a little biased for Doc and Polo here :laugh:

I think most people who made the initial team, stayed on it. One couple had both of their little dogs on the team and one was taken off. Me and Josh got in!!!

Josh is the beautiful Flatcoat isn't he? - congrats to you both ....

I think most people who made the initial team, stayed on it. One couple had both of their little dogs on the team and one was taken off. Me and Josh got in!!!

Who the hell''s Noah? :thumbsup: I meant Josh, sorry! Maybe because you have a Moses I thought you continued with the biblical theme!

One of the dogs on the Dock Dogs team is jumping 23ft too!

Was that Joey?

Keith took Doc in yesterday (I was at agility, of course) and Keith did not give me much feed back on how the others went.

I am also very pleased to see Polo, our fellow GSP on the team. Go the gundogs.

By the way, having just joined this forum, I have just read the previous posts about dock diving. There is a POSSIBILITY that we may become involved in dock diving more seriously, and we may set up some sort of pool, or some sort of "dock" on our dam out here at Castlereagh (half way between Penrith and Richmond.) But I doubt if it will be a full competition standard dock, especially since it is most probable that the dock we are using at the world dog games will be set up at Pitt Town, which is fairly close to Windsor, which is not that far from Richmond. We are just biding our time at this stage, looking to see people's enthusiasm after the world dog games.

I really enjoy the dock diving, but we are primarily agility trainers, and I look at Dock Diving as being a retirement sport for our dogs, rather than our primary sporting interest.

Le