150 Dogs Seized Wondai

neorotic

lordy I'm getting tired of seeing my breed on the list of siezed dogs, I weep for the poodle people.

er, just in case that needs to be clarified, I meant poodle people in general many of whom are upset by the number of their breed involved in these cases, not a specific poodle person.

Edited by Kissindra

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it was a puppy farm though..........

That exactly what It looked like. At least that is one puppy farmer gone. :)

And just looked at the cat page, some of them do not look very healthy. :)

Just rang the mobiles on their site, funny no answer at all. :cry:

Yeah well when I saw the figures I knew it was puppy farm.I saw well fed dogs and yards which had shelter and heaps of space.The report seems to tell us it was something other than what we saw on the news report but either way I hope they have the ability to have independent observers and second opinions. Im not in any way condoning what they have done for a living but that doesnt make them automatically guilty of mis teating their animals either. Though if Im honest I have to admit in my opinion just having that many is mistreating them. :)

And just looked at the cat page, some of them do not look very healthy. :)

Just rang the mobiles on their site, funny no answer at all. :cry:

Better be super sure its them before we jump to conclusions.

And just looked at the cat page, some of them do not look very healthy. :(

Just rang the mobiles on their site, funny no answer at all. :)

Better be super sure its them before we jump to conclusions.

I was just going to ask to see if they had any puppies for sale :cry:

they were puppy farmers I guess but the dogs we saw on the clip looked fine, some were a bit fat but the close up dogs even appeared well groomed. We need to see more of this story to see what the problem was for the RSPCA to barge in.

You don't suppose ot was anything to do with something else and the RSPCA wanted a well timed story ? nah..slap yourself Rusky..

Treasure this moment, it may not happen again, it has not happened before ..........

:o RSPCA for this one action.

Took 'em long enough!!

Edited by Jed

Puppy farmers trade in misery, they are not in it for love of dogs/breeds whatever, it's about making money. The dogs are just items to profit from.

I just read the newspaper article and it said conditions were cramped with faeces everywhere. Let's face it, it cannot be a happy and well adjusted life for a dog - living like that?

Personally I'd like to see every puppy farm and back yard breeder stopped in their tracks.

That is correct Jed, there's alot not being shown.

That's what I thought. Sure some of those dogs looked in good nick but they only showed about 10 of the allegedly 230 living at the property.

230 labs ....... ewwwwwwww, imagine doing poo patrol there! :o

You would need a truck!

Souff

The site seems to be gone now :o

It looks like they have just removed the text from the homepage

Try this link http://krpuppies.com.au/aboiut%20us.html

I noted this from the site:

"At K&R Puppies our goal is to breed the best companion for you and your family"

All K & R puppies come with:

a full check by a Veterinary Surgeon

are wormed and vaccinated for your peace of mind

Which vet okayed that??? Come on, you can't tell me that vet doesn't know that its a puppy mill!

And this:

At K & R Puppies our goal is to breed the very best companion for you and your family. Our dogs and puppies have not been exposed to conditions which cause anxiety or may be the source of illness.

To safeguard our dogs and puppies we do not allow members of the public into the kennels. Nor, do we permit prospective owners to handle the puppies until they are purchased.

Unfortunately, the public buys this sh*t - :D

OML:

Remember it is also very important to Register and Microchip your pet. Additionally if you are not a breeder, for your pet's comfort and your peace of mind you should also have your pet desexed.

Whats wrong with this dogs eyes:

moose5.jpg

moose4.jpg

Don't forget Nap time:

Up to the age of 6 months puppies need frequent naps. Puppies will not grow into healthy happy adults if they are over stressed from too much play time and lack of sleep. After their their mid day meal they should be placed in their "bed" for about a two hour rest. They should have a late afternoon nap and go to bed early. This is an important step in managing the care of growing puppies. They will want to sleep after eating, after playing hard and while riding in the car!

They aint that smart, because if you go to the home page it doesn't work, but every other page is still online......

Edited by nickojoy

Not that you'd really want to do it, but even when they pull the whole site down you could still view it with wayback machine internet archives etc. most stuff ever been on the net, stays on the net for ever.

I hope most if not all the dogs get placed out, The pounds are bursting though so somethings got to give :o

Edited by GeckoTree

When, oh when, will people listen???

2 April 2008

We purchased our beautiful Thunderbolt from you in December. I am wondering? do you have any photos of what these guys look like as adults? He kind-of looks like a miniature Golden Retriever with scraggier hair, with a head like the labradoodle pup on the web site at present? he pretty much looks like that pup, but is golden and his hair is not curly, just a little wavy. Took this photo tonight of Thunderbolt-ee. He is now 5 months old and a really placid little chap. (I though I would send it to you all as I rave about him sooooo much!).

From Merideth

April 15, 2008

Dear Grandma and Grandad. (KR puppies)

I am just wandering, as my colour becomes darker gold, was my Mum or Dad the Japanese Spitz, and could it at all be possible that a golden retriever got in the mix? My Mum and Dad love me to death, and don't care, they just would like to know so they can try to understand whether I am like my Mum or Dad or who? And how big I might grow. I currently weigh 9kg and am not overweight. My Mum sells Eukanuba so I only eat that apart from some bones and treats. I am a very placid quiet dog, and I love my toy poodle brother, but as I am getting bigger, I have to be more careful around him as he only weighs 3.6kg, and squeaks if I get too rough.

Love, Thunderbolt