1 Year Since Cassie Died Rip My Baby Girl

k9angel

12 months ago to the day I lost a very very dear friend and member of the family.

I lost one of my husky girls to cancer.

She had been off colour and off her food so I took her to the vet concerned as she was drinking a lot of water and her gums were becomming pale.

I arrived at the Vet in the morning and voiced my concern. The vet went into panic mode as Cass was aenemic, they couldnt even find a vein to take blod and by now her gums were almost white.

Her belly was bloated and I assumed it was from drinking too much water so they performed a PCV? to see what was going on in there.

I recieved a ph call later that day to say it was blood. :laugh: They suspected a bleeding spleenic tunour and so rushed her to the op table.

I will never forget what happened next. I was at home. The phone rang. I knew. My heart sunk as I answered and it was the Vet. She gave me the bad news, Cassies whole abdomen was full of bleeding tumours. There was nothing they could do she was slowly dying.

I was devastated, never in a million years when I dropped her to the Vet did I suspect this. Cancer.

Although when I think back, she was anxious. And when I called her to come inside before we left for our last drive together, she would not come. At the vet she tried to escape through the clinic door.

If only I knew. I can still remember the look of fear in her eyes when I gave her a kiss goodbye and told her I'd back soon to pick her up - little I knew it would be in an urn. :D

The vet suggested strongly to euthanaze her whilst she was under anaesthetic. I was crying and sobbing and didnt want to let go. But she was bleeding to death slowly so I agreed.

She died at about 1pm.

I went to see her later in the afternoon as she rested on the op table. Her eyes half open, I held her and kissed her and cried and cried and cried (crying now as I write this :( )

She looked to be at Peace. But I felt her spirit watching above, call me silly, but I did.

She was only 7 years old.

Cassie was from a litter of 3 pups, I was there the day they were born and could not bare to part with them so kept all 3.

Cassie was 7 yrs old when she died, he brother Claude died the year before very suddenly at age 6.

They have a sister Jay Jay, who lives on and Cassie has a daughter and son who remain with me. They are 5 yrs old.

I will always be reminded of Cass through them.

RIP Girl

Cassie

Cassie its me Mummy here

Writing with a tear in my eye

It has been 1 year exactly today

Since we said Goodbye

I love you girl we all miss you

Now youre with Claude in heaven

I cant believe you died so young

I cant believe,you were only seven

I was there the day you were born

held you proud in my arms

My little black and white husky girl

you had so many charms

I know I did the right thing

they said you would slowly die

but Cass I still miss you

for you, my heart aches, my eyes cry

I hope Claudey's well up there

as youse run and roam free

Just remember to save a little space

for me, your Mummy.....

xxx

xx

x

:D

Cassie,

I thank you for making me laugh Cass

I thank you for seven years ,

You saw me through many ups and downs

Through all the laughter, all the tears

I thank you for your company

For your loyalty, for your love

For the many memories you left to me

Even now, from up above

I thank you for the many ways

You always made me smile

And like I promised I’ll see you again

The wait will be so worth while

Your paw print is engraved in my heart

It was from the day you were born

But the Rainbow Bridge opened up

Til we meet again, I forever mourn.

Edited by k9angel

• 11 months later...

R.I.P. Cass.

It has been 2 years today since I lost you baby. I was only going through the photos the other day and my heart sunk when I came to yours. It still hurts to look at them but I did this time, stared for ages - smiling and teary eyed as I remembered you....

I love you girl. It never gets easier. Tonight a candle will burn bright for you. I miss you more than ever.

Mummy XXX :vomit:

Two years on, it still hurts to think

Of you somewhere far away,

I often imagine you're still here

Just like it was yesterday.

I love you Cass today and tommorow

You'll always be in my heart,

From the day you came into my life

Til the day you had to part.

For now, forever, for eternity

I will always remember you,

Your freckled nose, your big wide smile