K9 Force In Queensland

oh man, I looked in whereis last night to see excatly where Camp Tailwaggers is at the Gold Coast. Its a fricken 3hr drive!!! I guess i'll have to get up extra early and battle my way through horrible brisbane traffic on my way through...sigh.....hope its worth it. I'm sure it will, Im quite excited. (So if I'm really dumb on the day its because I had to get up early :thumbsup: )

you can always drive down the night before and stay at Camp Tailwaggers :)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh man, I looked in whereis last night to see excatly where Camp Tailwaggers is at the Gold Coast. Its a fricken 3hr drive!!! I guess i'll have to get up extra early and battle my way through horrible brisbane traffic on my way through...sigh.....hope its worth it. I'm sure it will, Im quite excited. (So if I'm really dumb on the day its because I had to get up early :thumbsup: )

Where do you live Wildatheart? I was kind of thinking about arranging some kind of carpool as I dread the drive on my own too - although with the logan and pacific motorways and the new tweed by pass I think it's only an hour from the western suburbs where I am.

I'm coming from Toowoomba. Oh I dread drivin in Brissy too, all the road works and limited signage.

oh man, I looked in whereis last night to see excatly where Camp Tailwaggers is at the Gold Coast. Its a fricken 3hr drive!!! I guess i'll have to get up extra early and battle my way through horrible brisbane traffic on my way through...sigh.....hope its worth it. I'm sure it will, Im quite excited. (So if I'm really dumb on the day its because I had to get up early :) )

you can always drive down the night before and stay at Camp Tailwaggers :rofl:

I dont finish work till 8pm on Thursday. I got a huge reving yesterday for confirming my three days off next week for state championships. No way am i asking for thursday off, i might even have to be 'sick' on the friday. WTF they give us annual leave for if we cant have it??? Anyway, so i'll be going down friday morning.

Car pool sounds like a great idea, except, where would the dogs fit?

Where do you live Wildatheart? I was kind of thinking about arranging some kind of carpool as I dread the drive on my own too - although with the logan and pacific motorways and the new tweed by pass I think it's only an hour from the western suburbs where I am.

I'm coming from Toowoomba. Oh I dread drivin in Brissy too, all the road works and limited signage.

oh man, I looked in whereis last night to see excatly where Camp Tailwaggers is at the Gold Coast. Its a fricken 3hr drive!!! I guess i'll have to get up extra early and battle my way through horrible brisbane traffic on my way through...sigh.....hope its worth it. I'm sure it will, Im quite excited. (So if I'm really dumb on the day its because I had to get up early :) )

you can always drive down the night before and stay at Camp Tailwaggers :rofl:

I dont finish work till 8pm on Thursday. I got a huge reving yesterday for confirming my three days off next week for state championships. No way am i asking for thursday off, i might even have to be 'sick' on the friday. WTF they give us annual leave for if we cant have it??? Anyway, so i'll be going down friday morning.

ohhh Toowoomba will be nasty. If you can get to the Logan motorway before 7am you should be ok with the traffic. Ipwich motorway the the warego highway in the last few km's before it becomes the ipswich motorway are the worst for traffic but I've found (from past experience) that you can get through that before 7am you don't encounter as much traffic. Once you hit the logan motorway (and don't think about avoiding the tolls as it will take you over an hour to get through Brisbane any other way) it's really cruisey as you are going the opposite way to most others!

Hi to everyone who will be attending the workshop I have been reading with great anticapation your treads and have to say I am looking forward to putting names to faces. I will be joining you all with my 16month old greyhound Biscuit and if you think your dogs are bad wait until you meet Yacket.....lol... We have been to camp tailwaggers a few times before and the veiws are amazing but the drive seems to go on forever but worth it.

oh man, I looked in whereis last night to see excatly where Camp Tailwaggers is at the Gold Coast. Its a fricken 3hr drive!!! I guess i'll have to get up extra early and battle my way through horrible brisbane traffic on my way through...sigh.....hope its worth it. I'm sure it will, Im quite excited. (So if I'm really dumb on the day its because I had to get up early :crossfingers: )

oh man, I looked in whereis last night to see excatly where Camp Tailwaggers is at the Gold Coast. Its a fricken 3hr drive!!! I guess i'll have to get up extra early and battle my way through horrible brisbane traffic on my way through...sigh.....hope its worth it. I'm sure it will, Im quite excited. (So if I'm really dumb on the day its because I had to get up early :welcome: )

you can always drive down the night before and stay at Camp Tailwaggers :)

ohhh Toowoomba will be nasty. If you can get to the Logan motorway before 7am you should be ok with the traffic. Ipwich motorway the the warego highway in the last few km's before it becomes the ipswich motorway are the worst for traffic but I've found (from past experience) that you can get through that before 7am you don't encounter as much traffic. Once you hit the logan motorway (and don't think about avoiding the tolls as it will take you over an hour to get through Brisbane any other way) it's really cruisey as you are going the opposite way to most others!

do i need an etag? or do they still do cash?

Huski, how long would it take you to get there? I have to come from the Sunshine Coast, so know how long to get to Brisbane, but from Brisbane to Camp Tailwaggers I'm not sure on.

Cheers

Edited by StaffordLove

do i need an etag? or do they still do cash?

No you don't need one anymore - you just drive through and can then go to their website (www.govia.com.au) and it gives you options on how to pay - I think you have 3 days to pay before they send you a bill with an extra charge???

Huski, how long would it take you to get there? I have to come from the Sunshine Coast, so know how long to get to Brisbane, but from Brisbane to Camp Tailwaggers I'm not sure on.

Cheers

About two hours, from memory :laugh: Googlemaps puts the time from my house to CT at 1hr 50 minutes too.

Cheers

About two hours, from memory :laugh: Googlemaps puts the time from my house to CT at 1hr 50 minutes too.

Thanks ;)

I don't know any of you but you are dog lovers so that's good enough for me.

I live on the northern end of the gold coast and where is says its 50.4ks or 41mins to Camp Tailwagers.

Any of the people traveling long distance are more then welcome to crash at my house the night before if that helps. I wont carpool the next day thou because Oscar is not very dog friendly.

We have just had friends stay for two weeks with two cattle dogs and it worked out fine. I have a fully fenced front yard and double garage that there dogs used and mine stayed out the back and the house.

I have two spare bedrooms and a spare bathroom, house trained dogs are more then welcome to sleep in your room with you.

I have never been to Camp Tailwaggers so cant wait to have a look at the place.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will pm you my details.

Thanks Michelle

wow thats so nice of you Michelle.

I'm shy and I dont finish work till 8 that night so it would be 10ish before i got there. I will wake up extra early friday morning.

Its ok Wild I will be joining you on the early morning brigade, I am used to it getting up for shows, plus side is I only have to organise one dog instead of three :laugh:

I'm shy and I dont finish work till 8 that night so it would be 10ish before i got there. I will wake up extra early friday morning.

Its ok Wild I will be joining you on the early morning brigade, I am used to it getting up for shows, plus side is I only have to organise one dog instead of three :laugh:

Organise? I'll just be throwing the dog in the car and off I go ;)

And stopping at every macca's i drive past for coffee :p

Its ok Wild I will be joining you on the early morning brigade, I am used to it getting up for shows, plus side is I only have to organise one dog instead of three :D

And the bonus is you don't need to bath the dog first for once!!! :mad

Its ok Wild I will be joining you on the early morning brigade, I am used to it getting up for shows, plus side is I only have to organise one dog instead of three :D

Organise? I'll just be throwing the dog in the car and off I go ;)

And stopping at every macca's i drive past for coffee :thumbsup:

Not maccas for me but I do have some favorite coffee stops along the way :thumbsup:

Its ok Wild I will be joining you on the early morning brigade, I am used to it getting up for shows, plus side is I only have to organise one dog instead of three :mad

And the bonus is you don't need to bath the dog first for once!!! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah.... :thumbsup:

All right you lot behave :thumbsup: .........anyway I've mellowed since becoming a grandma :D

H: If I have to bring the goofball called "Chook" I will also bring the lover boy called "Styler" he is so full of himself :thumbsup:

Let's just hope Steve doesn't try and "Flash" his body at us poor unsuspecting soles again :mad or at least this time bring extra T-Shirts ;)

Let's just hope Steve doesn't try and "Flash" his body at us poor unsuspecting soles again :thumbsup: or at least this time bring extra T-Shirts :thanks:

PMSL! Be careful or you're going to be sent to the naughty corner :wave: :wave:

Glad to hear you're bringing Styler Maree :hug:

Let's just hope Steve doesn't try and "Flash" his body at us poor unsuspecting soles again :wave: or at least this time bring extra T-Shirts :wave:

PMSL! Be careful or you're going to be sent to the naughty corner :hug: :hug:

Glad to hear you're bringing Styler Maree :hug:

I've been in the naughty corner before :thumbsup::thanks: