Pet Insurance

monphe

I know this topic has probably been discussed lots of times before but I really need advice.

I have been with the same pet insurance company for many years and havent made any claims and recently had a major illness that resulted in the loss of my dog.

I was quite shocked at what they would not cover and had no idea that this would happen, the condition certainly wasn't pre conceived. Please any advice on pet insurance would be great especially policies regarding giant breeds.

I do have accident and illness cover, the problems are happening with the tests they performed which they will not pay on as they are saying there isnt a diagnosis, hey how do you get a diagnosis if they dont do tests.

I just need some insurance companies that people use so I can look into them further.

Without meaning to hijack this thread, I'm also after recommendations on good pet health insurance companies or if there is a thread re such pls can someone link me. Did a search and couldn't find one. Thx and sorry for thread hijack!!

I suggest that you look at the choice magazine article on pet insurance I found it to be very helpful, I am now looking at 2 companies but it is really interesting that most of the insurance companies are underwritten by hollard insurance so the policies are the same.

I was looking at medibank private and was wondering if a pre-existing condition can be insured once a waiting period has been met such as in humans. I did notice that they have a waiting period on cruciate ligaments. Does anyone have experiences with this side of thing. Sorry to OP if it is slightly off topic.