Bloodhound

Troy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately not my investment,i will be paying for the bitch that never was for the next year :(

It is a lot of money though,by the time you get semen,Surgical AI,all the tests etc,but something that needs to be done i suppose.

Yeah it is all such a gamble....almost a bit like Russian roulette. Lets hope we get some healthy strong new lines that gel very nicely with some of the great lines we already have! I won't know until Maja is 2...although I may get her penn hipped earlier just to give me a glimpse.

She does look gorgeous.My friends hound comes out in 2 weeks,another new line here as well :o

so has the new girl arrived as yet...would love to know that she has landed safely & she has been visited in quarantine & all is OK. Importing is such a big worry...so I hope all is fine so far?

She does look gorgeous.My friends hound comes out in 2 weeks,another new line here as well :)

so has the new girl arrived as yet...would love to know that she has landed safely & she has been visited in quarantine & all is OK. Importing is such a big worry...so I hope all is fine so far?

As far as i know all is well,she comes out next week i think. Havent heard anything this week,been organising a bloodhound pup to NZ-what a bloody pain when its not through a dog courier.She should be arriving there now.

She does look gorgeous.My friends hound comes out in 2 weeks,another new line here as well :laugh:

As far as i know all is well,she comes out next week i think. Havent heard anything this week,been organising a bloodhound pup to NZ-what a bloody pain when its not through a dog courier.She should be arriving there now.

I don't think I would ever do it without an agent...it's worth the little extra. When we imported from NZ, we used an agent. He collected Eve & Ethel from the breeder, overnighted them in their own home and then delivered them to Hamilton airport very early the next morning. The girls landed about 10.30am our time & I collected Eve from Sydney by about midday. Ethel then flew on to her destination in WA. The agent organised absolutely everything, from importation permits, final vet inspection, crate etc.....it just took the worry out of the whole process. I hope everything goes OK with both export & import. Who is the girl coming over with? I used Jetpets from Sweden & Melanie was great!

I had to send the pup to NZ,she has gone over to do trailing.It was an extra $1000 + to use Dogtainers,but after all the running around on my side,i wont be doing it again :thumbsup: From now on, people have to use a transport company.

It is easier to bring a dog to australia from NZ than it is to send one from here to there.

She got over there safely ,and has settled in well.

I had to send the pup to NZ,she has gone over to do trailing.It was an extra $1000 + to use Dogtainers,but after all the running around on my side,i wont be doing it again :) From now on, people have to use a transport company.

It is easier to bring a dog to australia from NZ than it is to send one from here to there.

She got over there safely ,and has settled in well.

Oh...didn't realise there would have been a difference between bringing one in & sending one over....glad she has settled in well!

Just picked up a new boy today(well,hes 4,so technically not a boy :laugh: ).

Poor thing has spent his life on a chain and needs at least 15 kgs on him.Beautiful natured though,and he will be quite a nice dog when filled out and gets some muscle on his legs,pretty much skin and bone and neglected.

The girls have already welcomed him-Cadwallader Ernulf.Will post pics tomorrow and then 6 weeks time to see how he improves. :laugh:

Why do people do that to these dogs?

Poor thing has spent his life on a chain and needs at least 15 kgs on him.Beautiful natured though,and he will be quite a nice dog when filled out and gets some muscle on his legs,pretty much skin and bone and neglected.

The girls have already welcomed him-Cadwallader Ernulf.Will post pics tomorrow and then 6 weeks time to see how he improves. :laugh:

Somehow I think I recall something about this boy...is he a brother to Oscar? Good luck with him & I hope he has a far better 'next' 4 years than his last 4!!

Any news yet on the import??

Somehow I think I recall something about this boy...is he a brother to Oscar? Good luck with him & I hope he has a far better 'next' 4 years than his last 4!!

Yes,he is a full brother,not quite in the same condition though.From a side shot he doesnt look too bad,but from the back he is only skin and bone and his eyes have been very neglected.He isnt taught to lead properly,petrified of being in the car and claustrophobic in the dog yard-tried to rip his way out.He was more settled tonight though,week or so he will be a different dog.

Moves beautifully,has the longest stride on him.Very friendly and great with all the other dogs and seems very kid focused.

He will be getting his makeover tomorrow,starting with a bath,because he really did stink badly!

Such a shame,last pics i saw of him were at 18 mths when he was for sale originally,and he didnt look too bad then.

Import girl is out of jail and settling in well apparently with her owner.

Edited by centitout

Yes,he is a full brother,not quite in the same condition though.From a side shot he doesnt look too bad,but from the back he is only skin and bone and his eyes have been very neglected.He isnt taught to lead,petrified of the car and claustrophobic in the dog yard-tried to rip his way out.He was more settled tonight though,week or so he will be a different dog.

Moves beautifully,has the longest stride on him.

Fingers crossed you can bring him around & that he can end up living a normal life. Will you end up getting him hip & elbow scored...I suppose you have to get the fear of the car out of him first?

He will get tested when he has sufficient condition on him,it wont take long with decent feeding.Must be a big culture shock fo rhim at the moment,but he isnt the first bloodhound i have had to fix back up-he'll be fine.

ok,just gone over him completely and took pics.

2 badly broken canines and a bad yeast infection in one ear.

At least he will get treated the way he deserves now.

post pics when you get a chance....I'de love to see him even if he is in light condition. I hope his teeth will be OK...will you extract those broken canines so they don't decay & cause problems?

Here are some pics -he doesnt look to bad from the side shot and its hard to get the righ tangle to show how light he really is.

And yes,his teeth will be looked at when he gets hip/elbows done ,not going to put him under 2 lots of anaesthetic if i can avoid it.

Edited by centitout

post-7731-1267677010_thumb.jpgHere is a pic from 18 mths ago

I think I have seen this pic before....

I can't comprehend why people would want a dog if they are going to just keep it on a chain....I can't understand the mind set :( . I truly hope you can give this boy have a happy life. I'm sure he will enjoy being part of a pack...looks like he really deserves it!! :laugh:

Here are some pics -he doesnt look to bad from the side shot and its hard to get the righ tangle to show how light he really is.

And yes,his teeth will be looked at when he gets hip/elbows done ,not going to put him under 2 lots of anaesthetic if i can avoid it.

Good idea....no point putting him under twice!

Will he be transferred to your name...and is he on the main register?

He finally laid down today,normally he just runs and runs around all day.Dug a hole near the gate into the house on the verhanda and has made that "his spot". :laugh:

He has no manners whatsoever,and i mean none,bu t he is very eager to please,so i dont think it will take long.