Would Honey Work To Soothe A Dogs Throat

Guest Willow

Will have a look for Jellybush. :)

Jarrah's coughing hasn't got any worse today (has eased off through the day), so fingers crossed he won't need to get dragged off to the vet. I'll dose him up with some honey & see how he goes :D

He's had lots of lovely sleeps snuggled up in his blankets with mummy rubbing his ears, which may have helped a little :D

Willow,

Just so you know - there's a little Korean shop somewhere in Willetton that sells Manuka honey - how they get it in I don't know, but it's there, I've seen it.

Also, Jarrah honey has also been touted for its medicinal properties - not as good as Manuka, but definitely worth a go. I've got that in my pantry and dose the dogs with that from time to time.

Good luck!

you might be able to find Jellybush Honey though in the Health Food Store - this is an Aussie version and I think its as good as the Manuka honey - its a lot cheaper as well

Ooooh, that's good to know! Must look into that, thank you! :)

no worries - we had a bout of KC here about 7/8weeks ago - only a mild version but a teaspoon of the Jellybush twice a day for a week seemed to help

Willow,

Just so you know - there's a little Korean shop somewhere in Willetton that sells Manuka honey - how they get it in I don't know, but it's there, I've seen it.

Also, Jarrah honey has also been touted for its medicinal properties - not as good as Manuka, but definitely worth a go. I've got that in my pantry and dose the dogs with that from time to time.

Good luck!

I am not that far from Willetton - can you be more specific with where the shop is? :rofl:

Hey,

Yeah, the little Korean shop is in the shopping arcade on 113 Collins Road, Willetton. I dont' know the name of the store, but it's right beside the Japanese restaurant. Good Singaporean Hawker food there too at Bamboo!!

But I believe they have manuka honey there - have a look.

Good luck!

Hey,

Yeah, the little Korean shop is in the shopping arcade on 113 Collins Road, Willetton. I dont' know the name of the store, but it's right beside the Japanese restaurant. Good Singaporean Hawker food there too at Bamboo!!

But I believe they have manuka honey there - have a look.

Good luck!

Thanks! I'll go have a look on Saturday :laugh:

Willow,

Good luck!

Thank you for that!!!!! :laugh:

Willow,

Good luck!

Thank you for that!!!!! :laugh:

Willow, I'm a lot closer than you so I'll suss it out this weekend and let you know. I can always pop down there and get some for you if they have it :laugh:

Willow,

Good luck!

Thank you for that!!!!! :(

Willow, I'm a lot closer than you so I'll suss it out this weekend and let you know. I can always pop down there and get some for you if they have it :)

Thank you!!