Irish Wolfhound

Troy

Hi, Was just wondering how long is a wait for a puppy or even a dog that is a bit older.

Hi, it can be a long wait sometimes. Contact the Irish Wolfhound club's puppy referral person,

http://www.irishwolfhound.org.au/iwcnsw/

and they may be able to send you a list of breeders to contact.

Also the breeders listed on the Dogsonline breed page.

Not many older wolfhounds come up for adoption or rescue.

If you can begin with a good introductory email or phone call, outlining your interest in the breed, your living arrangements, dog owning experience ect. You can begin to have breeders get to know you and vice a versa.

People who stay in touch, ask thoughtful questions about the breed and spend the waiting time researching the breed, are more likely to be considered when a litter is born.

fifi

Thanks fifi for all the information. Have a few years yet before I can even look at getting a wolfie but I have heard it can take that long. And will definately be buying from a registered breeder.

• 7 months later...

Have decided to post this collage of growth photos here as there was some confusion recently, in regards to a dog needing pound rescue & whether he was pure bred.

This gives an idea of an Irish Wolfhound's growth, from an early age .

post-22391-1295729259_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

HI fifi, how do they handle the heat? I have them on my wish list, and really want something that will come for walks as well as lay around. I live in Alice Springs on 5 acres, all fenced, and we have really hot summers and really cold winters.

Cheers

Erin

• 4 months later...