Sign in to follow this  
kinsella

Australian Terriers

489 posts in this topic

kinsella   

I have tried a couple of times to start an Aussie Terrier thread in Breed Subforums and I'm not allowed.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or just haven't been on DOL long enough. I'd love to chat with other owners of these fabulous little dogs. :rofl:

post-30656-1254913750_thumb.jpg

pie   

Hi IW4ME

Only Troy the moderator can start threads in the Breed sub forum. If you PM him he may make one.

There is a user on here called Bailey's Mum who also has some Aussie Terriers, I'm sure she'll pop in soon :rofl:

What great little dogs that we seldom see today. When I was a kid everyone had an Aussie and lots of farmers bred them. Then all of a sudden some people started to get the posh silkies and tehn later on it was all JRT's and hteir crosses and the Aussies just seemed to fall off the planet!!

BRING BACK THE AT's

I have tried a couple of times to start an Aussie Terrier thread in Breed Subforums and I'm not allowed.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or just haven't been on DOL long enough. I'd love to chat with other owners of these fabulous little dogs. :rofl:

Hi IW4ME,

I own Aussie terriers, & it's great to see someone else here on DOL( unfortunately there isn't many of us :rofl: ) that own this fabulous little breed.

You can PM me anytime if you wan't to talk about Aussies, or maybe we can ask Troy to start a subforum for us, & it might encourage more Aussie owners to join DoL. :)

Nicole

Edited by Baileys mum

Rach...   

I had an AT growing up, he was dumped at the vet to be put down by his 'breeder' cos he looked blind. But it was just something wrong with his eyes he wasnt actually blind, but he had to have drops in his eyes for ages

We had to give him away when he was about 4 due to our housing situation changing, I would love to have another Aussie Terrier one day

I remember him being insanely gutsy and fun

Great pic, IW4ME :rofl:

An Aussie terrier is on our shortlist for our next dog. I'd love to see more about them.

Steve   

My Mum bred Aussie terriers when I was a kid.They were bomb proof back then.Healthy as and great to live with.

I notice there's only about 6 of them in the survey so Ill go after the breeders to see if we can get them to respond.

I know rego numers for them are way down. I wonder why they beat the hell out of oodles.

kinsella   

And they are bombproof now. It's probably pretty obvious I'm an Irish Wolfhound person but the first dog my husband and I bought when we got married was an Aussie. Spike lived until he was 13 1/2 and was the mightiest little dog. He taught all my hounds to show respect for a little dog and ruled the house with a paw of iron. We now have Oliver and, if anything, he's even more perfect. I bought him in Victoria, drove home to outside Goulburn, NSW and he never missed a beat. As with Spike, he's disgustlingly healthy, temperament is rock solid and true to the Aussie standard. This shot was taken about a week after we got him. Tigger, IW, is fascinated with him and so very gentle with a wee puppy.

Love my dogs. Gosh, that makes me special on this list, doesn't it!

post-30656-1254943061_thumb.jpg

post-30656-1254943181_thumb.jpg

Guest rhapsodical78   
Guest rhapsodical78

MASSIVE fan here. My heart dog was an Aussie X and she was brilliant in just about every way. More intelligent than my current Kelpie (who is very, very smart), faster than dogs twice her size, could jump 1.5 metres at least, agile, uncanny precision when hunting - great, great dog. I have some pictures of her climbing trees somewhere. She seemed indestructible, right until the day she was run over and killed at 11.5 years old. If you got Troy to start a thread I would certainly be an avid reader. I really don't understand how this breed has become so rare. I think if more people knew how awesome they are as a breed there'd be more interest.

leighw   
And they are bombproof now. It's probably pretty obvious I'm an Irish Wolfhound person but the first dog my husband and I bought when we got married was an Aussie. Spike lived until he was 13 1/2 and was the mightiest little dog. He taught all my hounds to show respect for a little dog and ruled the house with a paw of iron. We now have Oliver and, if anything, he's even more perfect. I bought him in Victoria, drove home to outside Goulburn, NSW and he never missed a beat. As with Spike, he's disgustlingly healthy, temperament is rock solid and true to the Aussie standard. This shot was taken about a week after we got him. Tigger, IW, is fascinated with him and so very gentle with a wee puppy.

Love my dogs. Gosh, that makes me special on this list, doesn't it!

Love the pics. I can remember lots of little Aussies around when I was a kid. I have JRTs now but love the look of the Aussie.

gillybob   

I have a JRT x Aussie and I love him to bits.

Gilly is the best dog, he is gutsy, easy going and friendly.

He is getting old now and all his face is geting really pale.

I have just begun to notice it.

I had an Aussie Terrier called "Digger" when I was a kid. He went everywhere with me. A great dog. Brings back memories.

LDR   

IW4ME GREAT GREAT GREAT pics!!!

Come on Aussie lovers, get some more pics up!

:cry:

Nik   

I love Aussie terriers. We had 3 growing up... started out with Kelly and Rascal, two brothers we got from a breeder in Country Vic. Best dogs ever, so willing to please, and pretty tough too. Unfortunately Rascal got hit by a car when he was 5, so that's when Lucy entered our family. She was very different to the boys, had hissy fits etc. Came into her first season at 16 weeks! That was the first time our grieving Kelly took any notice of her :laugh: even though he was desexed.

My dear old Kelly lived to 3 months shy of 17, and Lucy was about 14 when she went.

I'll never forget that when I was in year 9 at school, we had to go on camp for 8 weeks. My dog Kelly didn't "speak" to me for about a week after I got home. I got the cold shoulder big time.

Gosh I miss their little faces. If I moved to a larger property, I'd have one again for sure.

I'll search my parent's computer for some pics of them - I dont have any on this one.

KYLOTT   

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or just haven't been on DOL long enough. I'd love to chat with other owners of these fabulous little dogs. :laugh:

Chat to me anytime I am an exhibitor of aussies Love to hear from you Contact me via the aussie terrier breeder link here kylie

KYLOTT   

:(

I will put pics up tonight Really guys it is Sooo good to hear so many passionate people that love this breed They are such great little dogs we have 7 and I adore all for different reasons Loyal healthy So smart I am wraped to hear this of my breed . :laugh:

:party:

I will put pics up tonight Really guys it is Sooo good to hear so many passionate people that love this breed They are such great little dogs we have 7 and I adore all for different reasons Loyal healthy So smart I am wraped to hear this of my breed . :(

:laugh: Yay!!, the Aussie terrier now has it's own forum. I agree Kylie, I'm also so very happy people are finally starting to talk good things about our gorgeous breed, they are just the most awesome breed to own & have quickly stolen my heart :(

The more positive things are said about them, then people might just start taking an interest in them again.

I'm going to have to sort out my pics & try & get some up soon aswell. ;)

Edited by Baileys mum

My Mum bred Aussie terriers when I was a kid.They were bomb proof back then.Healthy as and great to live with.

I notice there's only about 6 of them in the survey so Ill go after the breeders to see if we can get them to respond.

I know rego numers for them are way down. I wonder why they beat the hell out of oodles.

Hi Steve, I remember sometime last year the Victorian Aussie terrier Club sent me out a survey to complete about the general health of the Aussie's I've owned. I never heard anything back about the results,but it might be a good idea to contact all the Aussie terrier clubs in each state & they might be able to help with your survey too. :laugh:

ETA: They most definately do beat the hell out of the oodle's & are still as healthy & bombproof as ever. :(

Edited by Baileys mum