Looking For The 'tastiest' Dry Dogfood

Stitch

I feed BARF - just wanted to get that up front because dry food doesn't figure prominently in my dogs diet however I do like to offer dry food as the extra morning food I offer to my pregnant girls in their last 4 weeks.

Current mother in waiting used to eat Nutro but now won't touch the stuff (its obviously poisonous) - is there a more palatable dry dog food on the market that anyone knows about? Preferably in the premium range but not necessarily.

Mine rarely turn their noses up at Great Barko.

However, I'm in the same boat with a bitch who is 7 weeks in whelp at the moment and all she is interested in eating is roast chicken, pasta and mashed potato. :)

To keep her vits and mins up I'm adding a supplement and a raw egg on alternate nights and when she'll eat them, chicken necks and frames for the natural calcium benefits.

I have just gotten a sample of Evo and she loves it.

I will try it with her for a couple of days to make sure she still likes it and then buy some.

It is frightfully expensive but will be worth it if she continues to eat it.

It is always very difficult to feed a pregnant bitch but I think the vitamins etc. ARE important even when the vet say they are not required.

I also do that now Ellz, every second day and I think it does make a difference.

IMO it stops the downward spiral of some bitches who won't eat very well right through their pregnancy. I have also tried the Nutridrops to good effect. They seem to be the liquified equivalent of Nutripet paste which is more readily available here.

Ellz, I have been told that adding a small amount the the dreaded 'My Dog' to their food also works.

I have just gotten a sample of Evo and she loves it.

I will try it with her for a couple of days to make sure she still likes it and then buy some.

It is frightfully expensive but will be worth it if she continues to eat it.

It is always very difficult to feed a pregnant bitch but I think the vitamins etc. ARE important even when the vet say they are not required.

I also do that now Ellz, every second day and I think it does make a difference.

IMO it stops the downward spiral of some bitches who won't eat very well right through their pregnancy. I have also tried the Nutridrops to good effect. They seem to be the liquified equivalent of Nutripet paste which is more readily available here.

Ellz, I have been told that adding a small amount the the dreaded 'My Dog' to their food also works.

Evo is a great food,in my opinion,and my boy absolutely loves the stuff.It's the only dry he actually likes.

Good luck and I hope all goes well.

I WISH!! Vanni looks at it with an absolute expression of horror and then glares at me as if to say "you don't honestly expect me to EAT this do you?" :D

She will occasionally lower herself to eat some tinned cat food, but only if she thinks that the cats want it at the same time. Only problem with that is that they don't particularly like it much either so they have to be pretty hungry to inspire her!!! :eek:

Honestly, it is easier getting children to eat vegetables! :p

I feed royal canin but my pup went through a fussy stage and loved the ziwipeak dry. I feed it as treats now. The other night I forgot to defrost some meat for them and opened a tin of ziwipeak, boy they went nuts for it. I just had it as a sample but I will buy in a couple of tins for emergencies. I live in Sydney I got that at leichardt. But I have seen it on quite a few doggie websites.

Well, today Miss Fussy has decided that the Woolworths Select that I dragged out of the back of the "might need one day" cupboard is the way to go, but ONLY if I put the "juice" from my 2 minute noodles on it! :laugh: