10 Facts About ...

ruthless

A few of us have been doing this thing on Flickr where we post a photo of our dog and list 10 things about them. Does anyone on here want to do it? Try and take a new photo for it, rather than using an old one :(

I've only done Chopper and Trixie so far ...

---

10 facts about Baby Chopper

4000660020_224b1e759d.jpg

1. Chopper was our first foster

We took on Ivan in March 2006 and rescued Angel three months later. When I told my husband in September that I wanted to foster a dog I promised him that I wouldn't keep it. I did mean it when I said it, but Chopper won us both over pretty quickly! He was our first foster and our first foster failure!

2. Chopper used to be called Bouncer

He was bought from a pet shop originally. His previous owner called him Bouncer. There was a Lab on Neighbours [an Australian soap opera] called that and there was no way I was owning a dog with the same name. I lost the fight about renaming Angel, Pixie, but I was standing firm on this issue! On his first night home we had a friend there and we were having a few drinks, he suggested Chopper and we agreed it suited him. I now wish we hadn't. I don't like tough dogs having tough names.

3. Chopper has been DNA tested

We've always thought that Chopper was a cross between a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and something else. At Pet Expo last year Dave bought a DNA testing kit for $115. We did the cheek swab and sent it off for testing. A week later the results came back. Chopper is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier crossed with an unknown cross breed. Money well spent I think you'll agree!

4. Chopper has a licking obsession

It's soooo annoying. The first thing he does when he walks up to anyone is try to lick them. If he can't reach you he'll lick the air. If you encourage him and get him excited he'll take it a step further and try to bite your chin.

5. Chopper throws tantrums

Because he was such a difficult dog I had to take him to training every week. Now he thinks he's the chosen one so if I go anywhere with one of the other dogs and not him he'll throw a tantrum. He ripped a huge hole in his wire crate a few months ago when I took Trixie and Angel for a half hour walk. He'd been walked prior to them. Sigh.

6. Chopper can clear a room with his farts

Once he walked into my office, sat down beside me, farted, then smiled at me and started wagging his tail! Apparently farts are funny!

7. Chopper can make anything into a toy

Flip flops, door wedges, socks ... they're all fair game! He likes to run and get something to present you with when you walk in the door.

8. Chopper has several nicknames

Chops, ChopChop, Chopsy, baby Chopper, the dude, little man, the stripey one, the naughtiest one ... I'm sure there's more!

9. Chopper makes the best bed partner out of all our dogs

He'll roll up into a tiny ball and not move or snore all night long. The three young ones sleep in crates at night. Sometimes Dave will sneak him into the bed at night and I won't know he's there until the next morning when he wakes me for his walk!

10. Chopper's not my favourite

It's a tie between him and Angel. They're both my heart dogs :)

This is an outtake from the shoot. He didn't quite understand what I wanted from him so he just gave up! :thumbsup:

4000652822_d5b980b7c1.jpg

---

Baby Chopper was inspired by this photoshoot by kja! Between now and Christmas she's donating $1 to charity for every comment left on her blog, so subscribe to her feed today and leave her some love!!

---

10 facts about Trixie

4000587084_6b05b6a260.jpg

1. Trixie was our third foster

Chopper was dog #3 and our first foster failure. It took a long time for him to settle in. When we moved house and built runs I asked Dave if he wanted to try fostering again. I swore blind that I didn't want four dogs, three was enough, no way would I suggest keeping a foster again! Handsome Eddie came and went within a week. Woohoo, our first fostering success. Then came Trixie!

At the pound she seemed sweet and calm. After quarantine at some rescue kennels for two weeks we brought her home and realised she was a really dominant, anti-social, handful of a dog. We felt it would be irresponsible to adopt her out. We'd learned a lot about dog behaviour and pack structure in the previous year and a half so we decided to keep her and attempt to rehabilitate her. Introducing a fourth dog to the pack really upset the apple cart. Myself and Dave were fighting all the time. The dogs were fighting and acting out. Loads of my friends told me to have her put to sleep cause she was nothing but trouble. I don't believe in giving up on a dog because they're difficult. A year and a half later, she's by no means perfect, but she's a very valued member of our family and we're really happy we kept her :p

2. Trixie was nearly called Susie

When I was filling out her paperwork at the pound I had to come up with a name for her. I rang Dave and asked him. He said Susie. I decided I didn't like it so I called her Trixie. He hated it and for the first two or three weeks he insisted on calling her Susie while I called her Trixie. Some friends called her TrixieSusie to appease us both! Eventually he accepted that she had to have only one name and since Trixie was on her paperwork that what she was to be called.

3. Trixie's weapon of choice is her bum

When she's wrestling with the others she'll whip around quickly and shove them out of the way with her bum. It's hilarious. One day I'll manage to photograph it!

4. Trixie likes to bring shame on me

Every morning I walk Trixie and Ivan for half an hour. We go the same route each time because I've found it to have the least amount of off lead or roaming dogs to contend with. We walk up the main street of my town and despite stopping at several green areas beforehand she saves up her pooh to deposit outside the busiest shop or café we pass. Thankfully her diet is such that I can pick it up with leaving any residue. It's still pretty embarrassing though :rofl:

5. Trixie's the other woman

She absolutely adores Dave. She flirts with him and gives him kisses and looks at him like he's the only person in the room. I often find them spooning in the bed together!

6. Trixie has a masculine side

For such a pretty and feminine girl, she has a very deep and boy-dog-like "aroorooroo"! It always cracks us up!

7. Trixie has no table manners

When she's eating, if her bowl is sliding across the floor she'll just stick her foot in it and eat around it!

8. Trixie had a back lift

Earlier on in the year I found a lump on Trixie's back. She's prone to seasonal allergies, so I thought it was a hive. It didn't go away and after a long period of observation we took her to the vet for a fine needle aspirate. The results came back inconclusive so we waited a bit longer to see if it went away or changed. It remained the same so we booked her in for surgery. The vet took huge margins [from her back fat!] and she now has a 7" scar there. They tested the lump and found it was a Grade II Mass Cell Tumour. She's healthy now, but we have to keep a close eye on her as they often return.

9. Trixie craves the sun

Our house is quite dark but I'll often find her lying or standing in a trance in a shaft of sunlight.

10. Trixie's favourite toy is Angel

The house became a no toy zone shortly after Trixie's arrival. Herself and Angel like to pass the time playing bitey face!

Edited by ruthless

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 Things About Zero!

3997132813_d0b4ef1668.jpg

(The photo was taken duringthe dust storm, hence the colour!)

1) Zero's nose comes under the gate every afternoon when I get home - when I walk through the gate he takes off up the side of the house, runs back, wooos at me, runs back up the side of the house, gets his favourite toy of the day and comes and gives it to me so I'll play with him.

2) Zero loves stuffed animals - he doesn't like a lot of toys, but fluffy toys do it for him!

3) Zero doesn't see very well due to blunt force trauma to the face and the resulting cloudiness in his eyes - in the dark, he can't see where i've thrown his dumbbell for his formal retrieve but he'll go out and look for it anyway. He also doesn't hear very well because of chronic untreated ear infections before I got him... he can however tell the difference between my car and everyone elses and can hear the sound of the fridge opening from the back bedroom at the other side of the house. I often wonder if he's pretending to be blind and deaf...

4) Zero cuddles by leaning up against your leg so you can rub his face - he only does it to me and I could cry sometimes when he runs to give me cuddles. He also tries to climb up onto the couch for cuddles... again, I'm the only person he wants to do this with!

5) Zero didn't have the best start to life but a lot of the time, you wouldn't know it. He's overcome a lot of fears but still freaks out about the lawnmower whether it's running or not. I have no idea why - he won't even walk past it if it's silent.

6) Zero loves to get dressed up and loves having his photo taken! It's a little sad that he's a sibe and doesn't get cold - I'm sure he'd love to wear a coat in winter. :thumbsup:

7) At about 30kgs, Zero can get up onto a bed or a couch without waking me up. I call him my nighttime ninja because even my 6kg cat can't get up on the bed without waking me.

8) Zero LOVES to track down and eat bees - he can sniff one out at the other end of the backyard and will dig them out of the grass to eat them. Either he doesn't feel them sting him or he's worked out how to get the stinger out of them before he does it but he will work for a good 15 minutes to free the bee from under the grass to eat it. They probably taste like honey to him... Zero also loves honey.

9) Zero has two best friends - Jedi the keeshond and Rowdy the golden retriever x cocker spaniel (rescue). Both boys can do anything to Zero and he just loves it. Mostly they just like to lick his face. He also loves Ahsoka - but he likes to play hard to get with her so she's more like a girl he likes rather than his best friend... she had him wrapped around her paw from the second he met her!

10) Zero is "broken" - everyone tells me sibes are aloof, don't like cuddles, are independent, don't form bonds with people, are untrainable and have heaps of energy... they were wrong. :rofl:

And just because I can, here's another photo taken the morning of the dust storm:

3971070427_063b3a82de.jpg

Edited by ~*Shell*~

I've been tagged to do both Ahsoka and Jedi, but I haven't gotten around to doing Jedi's yet.

Ahsoka

3997513256_37197d0f1e.jpg

1. Ahsoka is a Kelpie-in-disguise

Ahsoka is a Finnish Lapphund, though you wouldn't know it temperament-wise!! She is the craziest, funniest, most highly-driven Finnish Lapphund that I've ever met and gets called a "Kelpie in a Fluffy Suit" quite a bit!! She does have her quiet moments, but the majority of the time she's on the go!

2. Ahsoka LIVES for tennis balls and toys.

She is always seen with a toy in her mouth or at least one sitting near by!! If no one is around to play with her, she will invent games including throwing a ball for herself!

3. Ahsoka loves to talk

She will 'woo woo' at you to tell you that she is not happy and often just makes random noises throughout the day! It's very cute!! It has become a bit of a problem though with her obedience work -- in her down stays she talks which is obviously not allowed in the ring!! So although she's ready otherwise to start competing, I have to work out a way to keep her quiet first!!

4. Ahsoka is a real tease!

Ahsoka LOVES to play fetch but will often do a victory lap (or two or three) before bringing it back!! This often includes running over to Jedi and showing off to him that she has a ball and he doesn't!! Ner ner ner!! :thumbsup:

5. Ahsoka makes waking up in the morning my favourite time of day

Ahsoka and I have cuddles every morning before I get out of bed. She knows the sound of my alarm and sleeps under the bed until it goes off... Then I usually get bombarded with lappie kisses regardless of whether I've shown any sign of being awake! She gives the nicest cuddles and despite her high-energy nature, she's always up for a snuggle!

6. Ahsoka is the resident fly-catcher

There are never any flies in the house because Ahsoka hunts them down, waits for them to get in reach and takes them out! Mmm tasty!

7. Ahsoka is Miss Wiggle Bum

When Ahsoka is happy, she doesn't just wag her tail... She wags her entire back end including her legs!! This trait she received from her 'grandfather', the original Black Wiggle!

8. Ahsoka is a Ninja Thief!

She will climb on chairs and tables to try and steal any treats or food she can! She has managed to steal things that I cannot even imagine how she got to them!! The other day I had (stupidly) left some training treats in the middle of the kitchen bench while I was upstairs. A little while later we started hearing Ahsoka whine... 5 minutes later she was still whining, so we went downstairs to find her 'stuck' on a chair next to the kitchen bench!! The treats were gone!!!!!! But poor precious Soaks had decided it was too scary to jump off the chair, so was sprung!!!!!! Her heist was foiled!! But with a little encouragement she eventually jumped off herself.

9. Ahsoka lives up to her nickname, "Soaks"

She loves water and as a puppy she would be wet 95% of the time!! She sleeps with her paw in the water bowl, loves swimming and often spends hours outside in the pouring rain!! We always know who the culprit is when our tiles are covered in muddy paw prints!!

3997589986_40157d929a.jpg

10. Ahsoka is a very busy girl!

Ahsoka has just recently gained her Australian Championship for conformation and is now training for agility, tracking, flyball, herding and obedience trialling! She's very busy, but she loves it!

Edited by TerraNik

4000446426_2ef0730094.jpg

10 things you didnt know about Charche...

1/ Charches best friend is a Border Collie named Henry. They are in love and think they are secretive about it. Henry is the 'girl' in the relationship and follows Charch everywhere he goes. We have told them it's ok to 'come out'. When I meet my mate Stef (henrys mum) at the dog beach we come from opposite directions and watch them run to each other. I would love to watch this in 'slo mo' as they always kiss before they run into the water!

2/ Charche snores like an old man. Sometimes he wakes himself up, it cracks me up. He also barks in his sleep. I would love to know what hes dreaming about. When he wakes up he does what we call the 'piggy stretch'. He lays on his side and sticks his legs out as straight as can be. It makes him look like a pig on a spit.

3/ Charche loves chasing birds. In the mornings there are a few ducks in our local park. It's his favourite thing to chase them. They let him get pretty close so he thinks he's in with a chance and then fly away. I use to whisper to him 'where's the birds?' until one day on Acland St there was a pigeon. We didn't know it injured. He caught it. People had heard us and gave us filthy looks.

4/ Charche is a theif. His favourite game is to be chased. He will steal another dog's toy/ball/bone then take off with it. If they aren't chasing him, he will run up to them, push it into their face and run away again looking over his shoulder in the hope they are coming for him.

5/ Charche loves playing with flies. If there is a fly in the room he cannot rest until he catches it. He will then play with it until it dies and eat it.

6/ Charche was born to sulk. If he's cross with us he will go and sit facing the wall. It's like he's protesting.

7/ Charche is a weirdo. Sometimes I will walk into a room and see him standing there frozen like a statue. He is generally staring at one spot on the ground not moving a muscle. Sometimes I stand there quietly watching him just to see how long he does it for.

8/Charche is a complete baby. Example - He was chased down the beach today by a feisty Jack Russell. The JR chased him into the water nipping at his heals and sat then there waiting for him to come out. Charch sat out in the water with just his head peeking out in the hope that he went away. He didn't come out until he did

9/Charche should have been a ferret. He loves to burrow. Whether it's under the doona, picnic blanket, legs, cushions you name it - he loves to have his head under cover. He is a big sook and I think this makes him feel safe. Once underneath he lets out a huge sigh and I know he's content.

10/ Charche has bionic ears. He can be 3 rooms away and hear you drop a pea into his bowl. I know this because I have tested it!

Thanks for reading!!!

Edited by becandcharch

10 things you didn't know about

PENNY

4004251548_b259a18190_b.jpg

1Penny used to race. She raced for 5 years under the name of Little Savage.

2 Penny is a Grand Racing Champion. Sadly racing achievements are not given recognition on pedigree certificates, only showing wins. :)

3 She is missing a front tooth, knocked out in her racing days when the lure slowed down and she caught it.

4 She was twice awarded the fastest Pedigree Racing Bitch of the year.

5 Penny will "speak" on command. As whippets are generally not a very vocal breed this is quite unusual although it runs in her line, apparently her mother was a talker and she's passed it on to Puck and Lily.

6 Penny once got me off a speeding fine by seducing the copper with her doe eyes.

7When she is happy, excited or greeting people she like to carry presents. She will show them to you but they're not being offered up, you just look and admire.

8When she was a puppy she answered better to "chickie necks" than she did her own name.

9Pennys registered name is Maysleith Musicale, so she really has 3 offical names.

10She sometimes gets called Penito Puppilini, and she answers to that too, of course. :)

Edited by Kirislin

6. Trixie has a masculine side

For such a pretty and feminine girl, she has a very deep and boy-dog-like "aroorooroo"! It always cracks us up!

Sounds familiar! :(

This has been fun! :rofl: Thanks Ruth for tagging Zeiba and I

4003035765_71ae604b33.jpg

So here It goes.......

1. What's In a name!

Zeiba got her name from my obsession of names starting with the letter Z!

2. Gravely ill as a pup

When we first brought Zeiba home her very first night she become quite sick and couldn't keep anything down, I suspected the worst and upon calling In an emergency vet, It was strongly suspected as Parvo.

So she got taken away that night to start treatment asap, the vet was just so wonderful but also very concerned for the little one. Well she spent the next ten days at the vets, the first week was touch n go :) I honestly thought that she was not going to pull through she was just so tiny. By day 8 she was screaming the place down and wanted out! She had a good set of lungs in her, LOL It was then we knew she had so much fight In her to survive, It was just amazing! and nothing short of a small miracle for me.

3. Obsession!

Zeiba has 3 obsessions Kong Kong and More Kong!! Need I say more!

4. Best Feature

Her eyes! Zeiba has beautiful baby blues, and usually the first thing people will comment on! She certainly knows how to use them too, and will often give evil looks lol, but only because they're so pale that's the impression they give, not because she wants to eat you! :p

5. Bad Habits

When extremely bored, and It doesn't take much for that! she will chase her tail, although she doesn't do it as often these days! Sometimes she will do It In front of visitors to show off!

6. Drives

Zeiba has a very high prey drive! really good for some things, but can be a downer for some things as well. Apart from her Kong obsession she will play/chase anything that moves.....sticks, rope, grass blades etc lol She's an antz In your pantz type of gal, always wants to go go go.............

7. Best and Worst

Zeiba Is extremely people orientated and loves everyone, unfortunately she doesn't always share the same passion for dogs.

8. Sleeping

She feels the cold very easily and Insists on being totally covered at night time with her blankie lol

9. X factor!

Zeiba Is very athletic both In stamina and build, I often think she's a boy In a girls body. She Is only tiny < 20kgs but she has the heart and soul of a lion. We often wrestle together and she makes the cutest growling noises It always cracks me up

10. She Drives Me Insane!

Yes she really does 99.8% of the time lol but I wouldn't swap her for a million zillion ;)))

10 things you didn't know about April

April is best friends with not only myself, but she is best friends with my OH, my other dogh, my kitten and one of my rabbits. As you can see from the photo, she doesn't chase them, they jump all over her.

April will NOT sleep on a raised bed unless there is a blanket on it. She is very spoilt, and always has been.

The first two weeks I owned April, I called her "Amber". She now answers to Amber, Stinky, Stupid, Pointee, April, Appey, and 'OI'.

She is rather mature for a one and a half year old Pointer. She walks through the house calmly, and behaves well in the back yard and on the lead.

April loves swimming, but hates the rain.

April ate through her metal crate three days ago.

April went to work with me everyday at my last job.

April doesn't like coats, and has eaten three in the time I have owned her, and has chewed through 2 leads.

April is not scared of farm animals, and has done some 'herding' of my friends sheep.. Basically she chased them in circles, while the border collie rounded myself and my friend up. :rofl:

April has tried to ride my horse with me. She tried jumping into the saddle, and climbing up his stomach- it failed though.

Enjoy. :(

post-28840-1255332554_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pointees

Ten things you didn't know about Peggie

Smile_by_Ravyk.jpg

1. Peggie spent the first year of her life in a car. She travelled around Australia with a couple, but was surrendered to OH's mum when they fell pregnant and couldn't find affordable pet friendly accommodation.

2. Peggie is a known bitza. Her mother was a staffy X pitbull and her father was a silky X maltese. Very interesting mix.

3. Peggie hates most short slim blonde women. We think this is because OH's brother's ex was short, blonde and slim, and hated Peggie. Obviously the feeling was mutual, as she goes off her rocker at anyone that bears resemblance to her. She even barks at blonde women in cars as we drive past.

4. Peggie spent 10 days alone in rural SA. OH's mum went away and left Peggie with a friend on the outskirts of Pt Pirie. She dug out of the lady's yard and ran off. After a week of searching, they gave up believing she was dead. Luckily a farmer picked her up and took her to a lady who was a 'dog lady'. She knew the lady who was looking after her and ran her to say she'd picked up a dog matching the description of the lost dog. She was very very thin when OH's mum got her back and she has never run away since.

5. Peggie is a water baby. She will go swimming where ever she can, ocean, river, estuary... She loves to fetch things thrown in the water and will try to retrieve ducks if we don't stop her.

6. Peggie almost drowned once. Having said that she is a water baby, this may be a little odd. She wasn't always a water baby, we taught her to swim last summer. She once jumped off a walkway after some ducks at a wetlands and OH's father had to jump in after her because she couldn't swim, in a suit! Apparently they came home covered in stinky mud.

7. Peggie loves chasing flies. She will hunt them for hours and hours inside, and will occasionally try catching the outside, particularly when we are at the river.

8. Peggie has a unusual coat. She has a long grey and white coat, but also has a second short rusty brown coat underneath. We believe the second coat is from the staffy X side of her family.

9. Peggie loves to lie on the gravel drive. She will even go out on a cold windy night and lie out there. Normally we have to bribe her with treats to make her come back inside.

10. Peggie seems to have something against Kelpies. We tried to adopt a kelpie named Spinach from the RSPCA, but Peggie wouldn't have a bar of her. She has also taken on [much to my embarrassment] kelpiepupmum's kelpie Rosie twice at the DOL meets.

Thanks for inviting me to the thread Ruth :rofl:

10 Facts About Scarlet-

3423874274_c91d5acb94.jpg

1. Scarlet was originally named Tick (by Terrorbull)

I hated the name Tick, so her name was a toss up between Kally (short for Kalgoorlie, where she came from) or Scarlet.

2. Scarlet was a very impulsive rescue

Scarlet came from a rescue TB was working at at the time. TB and I chatted a lot, so I'd look at the rescue's website from time to time. I was looking at it one day and came across Scarlet and asked TB about her. She was 6 months old, going kennel mad and about to be put to sleep because no one had shown any interest in her. Pretty much on the spot I decided I wanted to adopt her and after a bit of begging and pleading with the parentals, she was mine. I've not once regretted it :(

3. Scarlet is my heart dog

After Jaffa, my 8 year old Goldie, passed away I wasn't sure I could have that sort of bond with another dog, until Scarlet came along. Scarlet is the most loving, loyal, goofy, daggy dog I've ever owned and I love her to absolute pieces. She holds a very special place in my heart and I actually just got her paw tattooed on my arm.

4. Scarlet also has a licking obsession

If she's not sleeping, she's licking something. She absolutely cannot stand not to be and if she can't, she'll lick the air in front of her.

5. Scarlet is nicknamed 'Staffy Bum'

Scarlet could easily pass for a pure Staffy...she has the total Staffy personality and comes complete with notorious Staffy farts.

6. Scarlet talks more than the Huskies

Scarlet absolutely loves to woo...she even does it when she has toys in her mouth so that it comes out as a muffled 'roooo'.

7. Scarlet absolutely loves the sun

She deliberately seeks out patches of sun to lie in around the house, even if it's boiling hot. She can lie in the hot sun for hours quite contentedly.

8. Scarlet's tail is dangerous

Scarlet's tail never stops going...it has knocked numerous drinks over and is constantly lashing people's legs :) She's always whacking the other dogs in the face with it, too.

9. Scarlet is a bed and doona hog

If Scarlet is let up on my bed, she'll smush into my legs as closely as possible, leaving the other half of the bed completely empty. She doesn't bother to move if I want to roll over either.

10. You can never stay mad at Scarlet for long

If she gets in trouble, she'll put on a little act of snorting, sneezing, smiling and walking around shaking her bum as hard as possible until you burst into laughter. She'll do this if you're in a bad mood to cheer you up, too.

Edited by iltby

Ten things you didn't know about Banjo

011-2.jpg

1 - Banjo's registered name is Cirostaff Thor's Legend.

2 - Banjo has a kinked tail. It's kinda cute.

3 - Banjo is a bossy boots with his toys. He holds as many in his mouth as he can.

4 - Banjo can't swim.

5 - Banjo sleeps alot. He sleeps through anything but if you open the fridge he jumps up.

6 - Banjo rolls around growling when he wakes up and after he's had his dinner.

7 - Banjo likes to roll on dead things.

8 - Banjo likes to help get the shopping out of the car. He runs straight out the front door jumps in the car and checks all the bags.

9 - Banjo always stops right in front of you so you trip over.

10 - Banjo very rarely barks. He does do the Stafford roo roo though and he screams when I get his collar out for a walk.

Edited by Tiggy

10 FACTS ABOUT DIESEL

4013177539_fb9436ae8a.jpg

1 When i get out of the shower, Diesel waits for me and starts licking my legs then stars rolling round out the ground.

2 We have a 13 year old 3 legged cat who puts diesel in his place!

3 Never met a dog who snores so loud! Theres been a few times ive gone to the spare room to get a good nights sleep.

4 His best friend is my sisters dog Snot, they both just dont stop when they are both togeather.

5 Loves to steal socks, but just one from the pair. I have so many odd socks now.

6 Other dogs tend to pick on him sometimes, thing they are jelous of his good looks.

7 He knows when saturday morning is, when hes up he looks at me waiting for me to say "walkies?" then he wimpers in the car till we get to the beach.

8 Loves his hanging is head out the window when im driving in the car, the skin on his face flops around alot.

9 When im watching tv sometimes he comes up to me and starts suckling my arm like a baby, weirdo!

10 Is a big goofball

Edited by dieseldog

What a great idea!

10 Things you didn't know about Izzy

post-27210-1255341100_thumb.jpg

1. We got her from the RSPCA as a 3 month old puppy.

Her, her Mum and her 4 brothers and sisters were surrendered, and being the least fluffy out of the lot she was still available when we rang to inquire. Weird how I decided to check the adopt a pet page that day even though we weren't looking for an animal :rofl:

2. Izzy LOVES swimming

She especially loves waves, and has chased a poor kyaker along the Swan River all in the name of some ripples.

3. Girl Genius

As a little puppy we could put words to just about any action and hey presto we would have a trick. Her cutest is still her bow. If you ask her to do something and she doesn't get it she will do every trick in her repertoire.

4. Izzy is never allowed off lead.

We had started trusting her from the car to the front door and she had been going fine for months. One day she must have caught a sent and off she shot, down the end of our street, through the alleyway and across the main road. The OH finally caught her in a Maccas carpark (that's my girl!)

5. Izzy loves her sister.

As annoying as Kira can be Izzy hates being without her. If Kira is in the vets, Izzy is out in the waiting room embarrassing me with her howls of pain.

6. Health Nut

If it's healthy she will eat it. Favorites include peas, carrots and apple.

7. Also Health Nut related..

She has really good abs! Even the vet compliments her on them. How a dog gets good abs, I dunno!!

8. Izzy is not an overly affectionate dog, but if I'm upset - she's there.

In fact, one of my best memories of her is when she was about 6 months old and I was watching 8 Below and started crying (who wouldn't?!) She came over and jumped on the couch and we watched the rest of the movie snuggled together.

9. Two dogs for the price of one

Seems like Iz gains and looses so much hair at various times of the year she looks like two different dogs! When she is big and fluffy I see the Elkhound side of her dominate, but when she has dropped coat, like now she looks like a wolf <3

10. Dropping it = enough

Izzy assumes if she drops something she isn't meant to be chewing when asked that she is an angel and therefore should feel no guilt over the chewing. In fact sometimes she seems pretty damn proud! (see photo above with washing for an example)

10 Things you didn't know about Kira:

post-27210-1255341379_thumb.jpg

1. She is a big suck

If I'm sitting down, or even if I'm not sometimes, she has to be in my lap. When I'm making dinner she wants to lay on my feet etc..

2. She is competitive

This is great when it comes to training cause she normally works wonders when needed, but poor Izzy finds it hard to get a pat in before she charges in between us.

3. Her pedigree name is Gaitmaster Sugar Merry

And hopefully one day we can do Steph proud with her agility and tracking!

4. She does the Aussie "grin"

She does it when she is happily playing with her sister though, so an onlooker might wonder why we are allowing our Satan-Dog to attack Izzy.

5. Kira is a pig

If there is food anywhere in the house, apart from a fridge or cupboard she will find it and eat it. Lollies in your handbag - check, Something off in the bin - check, Meat defrosting (not so) out of reach on the sink - check. Even a tissue that has been used to dab a bit of food from the side of your mouth will be hauled out of the bin.

6. She's a sook.

When she gets a fright her first reaction is to bark. She had an ear piercing bark for a puppy and doesn't stop all that quickly :mad

7. We had been looking for her for about a year

When we saw Gaitmaster had a litter we began the count down from the day she was born!

8. She distracts me at training

I can never seem to capture it in a photo, but when those green eyes stare up at me I really do get lost in them! She gives great attention too, so there we are staring at each other. She's probably thinking "food now?" and I'm thinking "God, you're adorable" and the instructor is probably thinking "those two will never pass this class"

9. Kira = Jack in the box

While she is encouraged not to jump, when she gets excited she jumps up and we touch nose to nose (I'm 5'8, and she's 7 months old!!!)

10. She tends to drive people insane and fall madly in love

She does many annoying things and sometimes you can't help but get frustrated. Even visitors when they are trying to pat Izzy and she butts in, get annoyed, but then when she settles and goes to them for a hug, or stares up at them while she flops down on their foot - it's all forgiven.

10 Facts About... Kyza

Kyza237.jpg

1 - I waited 7 months for this boy, and he was worth every moment :mad

2 - Despite the fluffy white coat, he is actually very low maintenance as far as grooming is concerned!

3 - His show name is Japanese and means 'white marshmallow'

4 - He is fascinated when you go beeeeerk berk berk and imitate a chicken noise

5 - He almost got named Kaji or Hiro, but neither of those names really suited him

6 - His best friend is Xena the cat

7 - His favourite treat is roast chicken

8 - He has a water obsession and loves the swimming pool

9 - Kyza likes to lay on the ground in the froggy position with his legs straight out behind - sooo cute!

10 - He is a very naughty show dog and likes to embarrass me in the ring at every opportunity

SNOT

IMG_3785.jpg

1. He is the perfect only child

He can amuse himself for hours playing with all of his toys. At my old house he would take his bouncy ball and drop it off the front step so he could chase it, take it back up and drop it again- to chase.

2. He is a typical smelly boy dog

He has so many male traits it's not funny, he farts, he snores, and hes always slurping at his genitals. He has a hydro bath most weeks but he still smells faintly like a dirty ferret most of the time.

3. He hardly ever barks.

His bark is pathetically cute and on the rare occasion that he does it's usually because he has lost a toy under the couch and wants my attention so I can come and fetch it for him.

4. He can't swim

He fell into a swimming pool once and didn't even bob to the surface!

5. He is a total annoying bed hogg

He has to be on you, he snores, he malts hair all over my doona and will wake up early to roll around like a feral pig making horrible noises and wiping his morning eye goobs all over my bed. Yet I still don't have the heart to crate him.:)

6. He is useless

He would never survive 24 hours alone in the "wild" I'd be surprised if he survived 5. He is like a little baby and completely incapable. We used to hide behind trees sometimes on our walk, just to see the panic wash over his face when he couldn't see us anymore :mad

7. He has two black spots on his chin

He used to only have one, but within the last year he has grown another black spot just below it. I sometimes refer to him as Snotty two spots .

8. The secret code word to get him urgently running outside is:

"Pussy meow meow"

9. He loves it when I scratch his armpits

He gets a stupid look on his face (morso than usual) and stretches his front legs out like some sort of little superman dog.

10. He is my favorite

His cuteness overwhelms me. He makes me laugh and smile every single day and I'd be lost without him. :D

Edited by disorder

What a beautiful thread :cheer:

10 Facts about Lexie

lexsunday2.jpg

1. Lexie is my shadow. She follows me whereever I go, but I dont mind because I get to see her cute little face all the time :mad

2. Lexie loves food!! (Typical Cavalier!!) :( Lucky I have the power not to get sucked into those eyes!! :cheer:

3. Lexie loves car rides. She often looks out the window and takes it all in.

4. Lexie barks at any animal! Sometimes this makes it hard to watch any animal shows on TV!!

5. Lexie loves getting brushed. She will just lye there in such relaxation! :love:

6. Lexie came into my life when... my beloved Cavalier, Lucy passed away :( Her pedigree name is 'Heaven Sent' and she truly is...

7. Lexie loves to lick! She will lick your face til it drops off! :eek: She gives the most loving puppy kisses.

8. Lexie's nick names include 'Lexie Bear' 'Lex' 'Big Boofa' 'Snuggle pot' (oh look, the list goes on hehe)

9. Lexie loves tissues. She will steal them when your not looking and shred them!! Once I came home to a box of tissues shredded EVERYWHERE! It was snowing tissues!

10. Lexie hates the vaccum. Although she has been getting better!!

10 Facts about Chloe:

chloeoncouch2.jpg

1. Chloe was born on my birthday! - 14th February (Valentines Day)

2. Chloe loves to sniff. She often sniffs my face and my eye socket (which I find very cute!) :D

3. Chloe loves sitting in front of the heater. She is our heater hog and will often lye there first thing in the morning.

4. Chloe loves being outdoors. She spends most of the day exploring the backyard and laying on the grass in the sun.

5. Chloe snores a lot!! Sometimes I laugh at how loud and funny her snores are coming out of that little body!! he he

6. Chloe's nick names include "Clo" "Clover" "Closter" "Clovie" "Little munchkin"

7. Chloe likes chasing birds. She will often have a stare-off with a bird and then slowly start to creep forward and then lunge!

8. Chloe likes to dig! She is the culprit and will usually lead Lexie astray! she will dig and then come inside with grubby paws and a grubby snout! he he

9. Chloe often falls asleep on Lexies butt or back. She loves her big sis.... :(

10. Chloe has the cutest bark. She tries to intimidate the dog next door but is usually unsuccessful!

EFS

Edited by Bellatrix

1. Chloe was born on my birthday! - 14th February (Valentines Day)

I thought I was the only one who shared a birthday with their dog! Zero and I share the 10th July (I'm 1986 and he's 2004 though :mad ).

Awww. Well, ill have to join the club then too! Im 1984, shes 2009. 25 years difference :(