Pet Friendly Accommodation

Ravyk

NSW- Wootton, near Bulahdelah.

Ballantine Estate

http://www.ballantineestate.com.au/index.html

We stayed in the Dairy, really lovely - dogs allowed inside - big verandah, lovely views, very quite, hosts very welcoming, BUT no separate fenced yard/gates on the verandah - and stock around, so dogs on lead outside. We took a tie out/tether lead thing so we could bring the fur baby outside so hang out on the grass patch next to us and chew his bone while hang out in the spa on the verandah

Going to stay in Coffs in Feb with Leo too, so will post once we have returned and can rate it :p

Edited by leo01

Narrawallee Beach House near Ulladulla NSW South Coast, You only need to bring your clothes & food. Everything is supplied. Dogs allowed inside the only stipulation was you bring covers for the furniture if the dogs are so inclined. The only thing was the yard was said to be secure but I wouldn't leave my dogs alone in the yard if going out as 2 were wire & only a little over waist height.

There's even toys, books, videos, colour pencils & games for the kids.

http://www.takeabreak.com.au/Narrawallee/S...House.htm#rates

Ok, I'm going to be cheeky and put in a plug for my holiday cottage at Mystery Bay NSW. It is situated between Narooma and Tilba on the far South Coast,

I went to Mystery Bay for a holiday two years ago and the entire area is so spectacular that I bought a place and plan to move there as soon as I possibly can. In the meantime I want to share it with other dog lovers.

There is a huge, fully fenced back yard. Dogs are allowed inside and all I ask is that you bring some coverings for the furniture and beds if your dogs are like mine and like to claim all the lounges. :thumbsup:

You have your own beach four hundred metres away down a lovely bush track. It is off leash before 10 am and after 4 pm during peak season and off leash .24 hours for the rest of the year. A 10 minute drive to Narooma will bring you to more spectacular beaches which are off leash areas all year round. At this time of year humpbacks come right into Mystery Bay to play so bring binnoculars if you want to see them up close and personal

Here is a picture of Paddy at Mystery Bay Beach taken a couple of days ago

pddy1copy.jpg

http://www.benbate.com.au/f_hol.htm

It is on page 3 of Holiday Accomodation. 'Stormhaven' 12 Poole Pde Mystery Bay

ETA - the advertisement is incorrect as the the main bedroom has a queensized bed, second bedroom has a double bed, and the third bedroom has a doule plus two single beds. It will accomodate 8 although at a pinch we can fit another on the sofa bed in the loungeroom.

ETA SORRY GUYS BUT STORM HAVEN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE AS ACCOMODATION. ............ because it is so gorgeous I have chucked in my job and am moving there in January :D

So please delete this post, Ravs - ta

Edited by Kaz

Best Friends Holiday Retreat, Tarra Valley Victoria http://www.bestfriend.net.au/ :)

We stayed at Best Friends Holiday Retreat recently. It was the best place ive stayed with my dog, not bad for people either. Will definatley go again. Not many places that its against the rules to leave your dog outside. Big dog off lead excercise areas, untold toys. The owners were great too.. :thumbsup:

QUEENSLAND

'Tropic Tide' Toogoom, Qld.

Quiet dog friendly town about 20 minutes from hervey bay. House backs right onto water and every day when the tide goes out your dog gets to run around and play on the flats with hardly anybody in sight. Beautiful water, people, fishing. Just got back yesterday and will be going back for sure. All tiled or lino except bedrooms. Fully fenced backyard.

5/5 in my book.

Website

Edited by poodle proud

Queensland.

I stayed at 'Baffle Bob's Caravan Park' a few years back, it was excellent. It is just North of Bundaberg..take the road to Rules Beach.

Cabins, and caravans for staying in as well as tent and van sites. There is a boat ramp onto Baffle Creek so you can go fishin'.

Nola & Bob were great hosts!

Queensland.

I stayed at 'Baffle Bob's Caravan Park' a few years back, it was excellent. It is just North of Bundaberg..take the road to Rules Beach.

Cabins, and caravans for staying in as well as tent and van sites. There is a boat ramp onto Baffle Creek so you can go fishin'.

Nola & Bob were great hosts!

woops... forgot to put in the link, here it is http://www.bafflebobs.com/

• 2 weeks later...

South Australia

Wuthering Heights - Clare Valley Accommodation

Three heritage-style cottages located well away from one another amongst rolling hills, trees and creeks.

"Wuthering Heights", a beautiful 75 acre (30ha) property just 6 kms north of Clare township, combines the best in Clare Valley accommodation. It’s peaceful and secluded, with easy access to a host of attractions.

Each bed-and-breakfast cottage is self contained and comfortably furnished, with stunning views undisturbed by any other building.

Dogs are welcome at Wuthering Heights, subject to prior negotiation, and each cottage has a securely fenced area, near or adjoining the dwelling. Dogs are also allowed inside the cottages. There’s plenty of space for children to run around, with no traffic to worry about.

South Coast, NSW

CAMPING Ground: North Head, Moruya.

Adjacent to dog-friendly beach.

Flush toilets+ pit/hybrid toilets.

Cold showers only.

Drinking and bore water.

Campfires with firewood from council caretaker (when doing AM and PM rounds).

Between the airport and the sea.

Very small airport and not at all noisy the weekend we stayed there.

$14 per night for 2 adults.

:) :) :):o

Love Camp Tailwaggers

Went to the K9 force camp

The accommodation is excellent, the dog yard is secure.

I really really really loved the bushwalking tracks around the property (so did the dogs) - loved all the names esp Whippet Way he he

$150 for 2 nights - self contained

Wonderful view over Tweed Heads

Can't speak highly enough of them

Great training facility too

Off leash enclosed area for dogs to run

• 2 weeks later...
:rolleyes: :rofl::eek::)

Love Camp Tailwaggers

Went to the K9 force camp

The accommodation is excellent, the dog yard is secure.

I really really really loved the bushwalking tracks around the property (so did the dogs) - loved all the names esp Whippet Way he he

$150 for 2 nights - self contained

Wonderful view over Tweed Heads

Can't speak highly enough of them

Great training facility too

Off leash enclosed area for dogs to run

My OH and i took our four to Camp Tailwaggers last year for a short stay, and we loved it too! Our big dogs had a swim in the dam and then did the walking trails. It was pretty quiet when we went so we practically had the place to ourselves:)

In a weeks time we'll be going to The Endless Summer selfcontained holiday house at Culburra beach. Hopefully we'll get really hot weather. Has anyone heard of it or been there themsleves?

The Endless Summer

Pether Cottage at Talbingo! We spent the weekend there with our great dane, greyhound and my parents with their Alaskan malamute.

The fences weren't very high, but our dogs aren't fence jumpers, so no problems.

The house was well equipped, you can hire linen or take your own. Games and videos/DVDs were available, and everything you could think of in the kitchen. Sleeps 8 comfortably, and probably 10 would be okay as well.

The dogs loved the walks, and there's lakes nearby for fishing and swimming. Close to Mt Selwyn as well, although I pobably wouldn't leave the dogs on their own. Little country town with a club, restaurant and general store.

We've been going camping in the area forever, so was nice to stay in a house this time.

www.stayz.com.au/9179

Edited by Flashsmum

Dammit, Kaz, I was just getting excited about the prospect of staying at your place :thumbsup: Let us know if you have an extended holiday away from home and need a house-sitter :laugh:

I've plugged these folks before ... Giba Gunyah Country Cottages in Bemboka, near Bega on the NSW South Coast. An easy drive to Tathra Beach from there.

We've been going there every year since 2005 for our wedding anniversary. You can see Jack relaxing by the fire on our first visit here :laugh:

There are two self-contained cottages -- the artist-built stone cottage and the pine cottage -- with fenced yards, wood fires, lots of trees for shade, lots of buried bones for happy dogs, the Bemboka River at the end of the driveway for a dip ... and a whole lotta peace and quiet :happydance2:

I can't recommend the hosts Ros and John highly enough. Lovely people, with a lovely, friendly chocolate labrador named Charlie :heart:

There are cows, dams, (contained) chooks, fire trails and all sorts of interesting smells for the dogs. Cats can stay, too.

Dogs are allowed in the cottages, but not on the furniture or in the bedroom areas. We always crate Jack in front of the fire when we stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys - was wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions.

We are travelling to Tuross Head in NSW in early Feb, and need to find a single nights accommodation onroute on Thursday the 4th Feb. I have spent I don't know how many hours trolling through the accommodation listings, but am struggling to find something suitable.

We are hoping to stop over in the Canberra region on the Thursday night, and we will have 5 dogs with us - plus a dog trailer, so not expecting the dogs to be inside the accommodation. I have found one potential B&B, but I would really prefer something more self contained, not closely shared with other guests who may not like dogs. Caravan parks would be fine too.

My sticking point seems to be the one night - most SC places are minimum of 2 nights (or more).

Anything between Canberra and Tuross Head would be fine as well - I've done lots of searching around Batemans Bay, etc, but keep coming undone at the minimum stay.

Starting to tear my hair out now, so thought I had better ask around on here before I do anything drastic :)

stayz.com.au has a great range of pet friendly houses across all states - click on pet friendly icon then select region of interest. So far we have stayed in some great accommodation in South west wa, Noosa & Byron Bay.

stayz.com.au has a great range of pet friendly houses across all states - click on pet friendly icon then select region of interest. So far we have stayed in some great accommodation in South west wa, Noosa & Byron Bay.

Yes we have just used Stayz as well two weeks ago. Staying here at Byron Bay with our four legged companion. Accommodation was a little rudimentary though in a wonderful position and the adjacent beach (Tallow) is both beautiful and one on which you can exercise your dog off leash. Picture attached of a happy whippet on the beach.

post-28374-1262037569_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed in a place called baileys beach house http://www.jpmsa.com.au/ Its in Goowla in SA

built safe as houses... completely dog frindly to the point of bowls and treats provided!!! close to the beach bout 5 kms. Cheep too. can sleep up to 10/11 people in beds not includding floor space you cna use... I had a birthday party and had all guests stay with their dogs was lovely.

cant recomend these guys enough!!!!!!