Pet Friendly Accommodation

Ravyk

Hubby and I recently stayed 2 nights here www. redbridgemotorinn.com.au Nambour QLD

Host is friendly , room was clean (twin beds) was only for 2 nights and they are side by side very comfy, Bathroom is a wheelchair friendly , did need an extra shelf for kit bag but such a short stay as with the beds no problem to us, as it was worth it to have our wolfie in the room with us . we do crate him to sleep , the owners dog "miffy" came for plays and visits which wolfie enjoyed and made us smile too.

• 2 weeks later...
NEW SOUTH WALES

102a, Bermagui

Website

An absolutely gorgeous big house in the bush near the beach. Dogs allowed, not meant to be inside but we found the owner very accommodating and friendly (he has a friendly lab). A gorgeous large yard and quite secure fencing (but not that tall). Some great off leash beaches in the area which are pretty deserted most of the year. -wuffles

Ballantine Estate, Wootton near Bulahdelah

Website

We stayed in the Dairy, really lovely - dogs allowed inside - big verandah, lovely views, very quite, hosts very welcoming, BUT no separate fenced yard/gates on the verandah - and stock around, so dogs on lead outside. We took a tie out/tether lead thing so we could bring the fur baby outside so hang out on the grass patch next to us and chew his bone while hang out in the spa on the verandah. -leo01

Giba Gunyah Country Cottages, Bemboka

I've plugged these folks before ... Giba Gunyah Country Cottages in Bemboka, near Bega on the NSW South Coast. An easy drive to Tathra Beach from there.

We've been going there every year since 2005 for our wedding anniversary.

There are two self-contained cottages -- the artist-built stone cottage and the pine cottage -- with fenced yards, wood fires, lots of trees for shade, lots of buried bones for happy dogs, the Bemboka River at the end of the driveway for a dip ... and a whole lotta peace and quiet

I can't recommend the hosts Ros and John highly enough. Lovely people, with a lovely, friendly chocolate labrador named Charlie

There are cows, dams, (contained) chooks, fire trails and all sorts of interesting smells for the dogs. Cats can stay, too.

Dogs are allowed in the cottages, but not on the furniture or in the bedroom areas. We always crate Jack in front of the fire when we stay. -Mooper

Glen Waverly, Glen Innes

Website

Lovely new cottage - dogs allowed inside - big verandah, lovely views, very welcoming hosts. Only downside, no separate fenced yard - and stock around, so dogs on lead outside. - or at least for my guys. -Tassie

Narrawallee Beach House near Ulladulla

Website

You only need to bring your clothes & food. Everything is supplied. Dogs allowed inside the only stipulation was you bring covers for the furniture if the dogs are so inclined. The only thing was the yard was said to be secure but I wouldn't leave my dogs alone in the yard if going out as 2 were wire & only a little over waist height.

There's even toys, books, videos, colour pencils & games for the kids. -luvsdogs

North Head, Moruya

Adjacent to dog-friendly beach.

Flush toilets+ pit/hybrid toilets.

Cold showers only.

Drinking and bore water.

Campfires with firewood from council caretaker (when doing AM and PM rounds).

Between the airport and the sea.

Very small airport and not at all noisy the weekend we stayed there.

$14 per night for 2 adults. -Poodle wrangler

NSW Ski Gardens, Hawkesbury River

1km out from Wiseman's Ferry, Sydney.

Website

Hey all! I can reccommend a GREAT water ski park if that's your thing!

Camping and day fees are extremely cheap, there are permanent concrete based shelters in the camp grounds with tables and power fitted, there's a sink for washing up (drains into a bucket!), the campgrounds are right next to the river which, at low tide has a small beach and best of all- they allow dogs!! So many ski parks in the Hawkesbury area do not allow dogs, so this was a great surprise. They also have cabins available.

Our dog loved it, and I absolutely loved having my dog with me- even on the boat!! -Cazwah

Pether Cottage, Talbingo

Website

We spent the weekend there with our great dane, greyhound and my parents with their Alaskan malamute.

The fences weren't very high, but our dogs aren't fence jumpers, so no problems.

The house was well equipped, you can hire linen or take your own. Games and videos/DVDs were available, and everything you could think of in the kitchen. Sleeps 8 comfortably, and probably 10 would be okay as well.

The dogs loved the walks, and there's lakes nearby for fishing and swimming. Close to Mt Selwyn as well, although I pobably wouldn't leave the dogs on their own. Little country town with a club, restaurant and general store.

We've been going camping in the area forever, so was nice to stay in a house this time. -Flashsmum

Riverwood Downs, Hunter Valley

Website

we stayed here (before had our pup tho - he actually comes from there tho) the place is great, plenty of accommodation options, restaurant is awesome, whole atmosphere is very relaxing -auir

Stormhaven, Mystery Bay [Owned by a DOLer!]

Website [Page 3 'Stormhaven']

Ok, I'm going to be cheeky and put in a plug for my holiday cottage at Mystery Bay NSW. It is situated between Narooma and Tilba on the far South Coast,

I went to Mystery Bay for a holiday two years ago and the entire area is so spectacular that I bought a place and plan to move there as soon as I possibly can. In the meantime I want to share it with other dog lovers.

There is a huge, fully fenced back yard. Dogs are allowed inside and all I ask is that you bring some coverings for the furniture and beds if your dogs are like mine and like to claim all the lounges.

You have your own beach four hundred metres away down a lovely bush track. It is off leash before 10 am and after 4 pm during peak season and off leash .24 hours for the rest of the year. A 10 minute drive to Narooma will bring you to more spectacular beaches which are off leash areas all year round. At this time of year humpbacks come right into Mystery Bay to play so bring binnoculars if you want to see them up close and personal

The main bedroom has a queensized bed, second bedroom has a double bed, and the third bedroom has a doule plus two single beds. It will accomodate 8 although at a pinch we can fit another on the sofa bed in the loungeroom. -Kaz

Tilba Waterfront Cottages

Website

Dogs not allowed inside when we stayed there (couple of years ago) but a nice place.

Clean, self-contained, near lake and good facilities- communal BBQ area with fireplace. -Poodle wrangler

Turon Gates

Website

We've stayed there a few times & enjoyed it & so have the dogs. You need to be self sufficient but Capertee is not too far away & there's a pub there. Incavale

Greenock Bed and Breakfast

[url="http://www.greenockbedandbreakfast.com[/url]

For further information: Phone: 02 4476 3461

Wonga Rd (Box 252) Narooma NSW 2546

E-MAIL: [email protected]

Well trained dogs most welcome inside.

Greenock 4kms from the centre of Narooma situated on 5 acres, on South Coast of N.S.W. that offers single or couples a quiet and relaxing semi bush retreat.

Things to do and see

We are minutes to many activates such as Cruises to Montague Island or Wagonga Inlet, Horse Trail riding, play golf at our spiracular Golf Course over looking the sea, or swim the pristine beaches or visit historic village of Central Tilba & Mogo or Bushwalk to the lake.

Accommodation

Comfortable & spacious main bed room with Queen size bed, own full size bathroom & small sitting room connected to the west wing of the Homestead which is total private and separate from your hosts’ with own entree onto the verandah overlooking the pastures.

post-30458-1303696670_thumb.png

NEW SOUTH WALES

102a, Bermagui

Website

An absolutely gorgeous big house in the bush near the beach. Dogs allowed, not meant to be inside but we found the owner very accommodating and friendly (he has a friendly lab). A gorgeous large yard and quite secure fencing (but not that tall). Some great off leash beaches in the area which are pretty deserted most of the year. -wuffles

Ballantine Estate, Wootton near Bulahdelah

Website

We stayed in the Dairy, really lovely - dogs allowed inside - big verandah, lovely views, very quite, hosts very welcoming, BUT no separate fenced yard/gates on the verandah - and stock around, so dogs on lead outside. We took a tie out/tether lead thing so we could bring the fur baby outside so hang out on the grass patch next to us and chew his bone while hang out in the spa on the verandah. -leo01

Giba Gunyah Country Cottages, Bemboka

I've plugged these folks before ... Giba Gunyah Country Cottages in Bemboka, near Bega on the NSW South Coast. An easy drive to Tathra Beach from there.

We've been going there every year since 2005 for our wedding anniversary.

There are two self-contained cottages -- the artist-built stone cottage and the pine cottage -- with fenced yards, wood fires, lots of trees for shade, lots of buried bones for happy dogs, the Bemboka River at the end of the driveway for a dip ... and a whole lotta peace and quiet

I can't recommend the hosts Ros and John highly enough. Lovely people, with a lovely, friendly chocolate labrador named Charlie

There are cows, dams, (contained) chooks, fire trails and all sorts of interesting smells for the dogs. Cats can stay, too.

Dogs are allowed in the cottages, but not on the furniture or in the bedroom areas. We always crate Jack in front of the fire when we stay. -Mooper

Glen Waverly, Glen Innes

Website

Lovely new cottage - dogs allowed inside - big verandah, lovely views, very welcoming hosts. Only downside, no separate fenced yard - and stock around, so dogs on lead outside. - or at least for my guys. -Tassie

Narrawallee Beach House near Ulladulla

Website

You only need to bring your clothes & food. Everything is supplied. Dogs allowed inside the only stipulation was you bring covers for the furniture if the dogs are so inclined. The only thing was the yard was said to be secure but I wouldn't leave my dogs alone in the yard if going out as 2 were wire & only a little over waist height.

There's even toys, books, videos, colour pencils & games for the kids. -luvsdogs

North Head, Moruya

Adjacent to dog-friendly beach.

Flush toilets+ pit/hybrid toilets.

Cold showers only.

Drinking and bore water.

Campfires with firewood from council caretaker (when doing AM and PM rounds).

Between the airport and the sea.

Very small airport and not at all noisy the weekend we stayed there.

$14 per night for 2 adults. -Poodle wrangler

NSW Ski Gardens, Hawkesbury River

1km out from Wiseman's Ferry, Sydney.

Website

Hey all! I can reccommend a GREAT water ski park if that's your thing!

Camping and day fees are extremely cheap, there are permanent concrete based shelters in the camp grounds with tables and power fitted, there's a sink for washing up (drains into a bucket!), the campgrounds are right next to the river which, at low tide has a small beach and best of all- they allow dogs!! So many ski parks in the Hawkesbury area do not allow dogs, so this was a great surprise. They also have cabins available.

Our dog loved it, and I absolutely loved having my dog with me- even on the boat!! -Cazwah

Pether Cottage, Talbingo

Website

We spent the weekend there with our great dane, greyhound and my parents with their Alaskan malamute.

The fences weren't very high, but our dogs aren't fence jumpers, so no problems.

The house was well equipped, you can hire linen or take your own. Games and videos/DVDs were available, and everything you could think of in the kitchen. Sleeps 8 comfortably, and probably 10 would be okay as well.

The dogs loved the walks, and there's lakes nearby for fishing and swimming. Close to Mt Selwyn as well, although I pobably wouldn't leave the dogs on their own. Little country town with a club, restaurant and general store.

We've been going camping in the area forever, so was nice to stay in a house this time. -Flashsmum

Riverwood Downs, Hunter Valley

Website

we stayed here (before had our pup tho - he actually comes from there tho) the place is great, plenty of accommodation options, restaurant is awesome, whole atmosphere is very relaxing -auir

Stormhaven, Mystery Bay [Owned by a DOLer!]

Website [Page 3 'Stormhaven']

Ok, I'm going to be cheeky and put in a plug for my holiday cottage at Mystery Bay NSW. It is situated between Narooma and Tilba on the far South Coast,

I went to Mystery Bay for a holiday two years ago and the entire area is so spectacular that I bought a place and plan to move there as soon as I possibly can. In the meantime I want to share it with other dog lovers.

There is a huge, fully fenced back yard. Dogs are allowed inside and all I ask is that you bring some coverings for the furniture and beds if your dogs are like mine and like to claim all the lounges.

You have your own beach four hundred metres away down a lovely bush track. It is off leash before 10 am and after 4 pm during peak season and off leash .24 hours for the rest of the year. A 10 minute drive to Narooma will bring you to more spectacular beaches which are off leash areas all year round. At this time of year humpbacks come right into Mystery Bay to play so bring binnoculars if you want to see them up close and personal

The main bedroom has a queensized bed, second bedroom has a double bed, and the third bedroom has a doule plus two single beds. It will accomodate 8 although at a pinch we can fit another on the sofa bed in the loungeroom. -Kaz

Tilba Waterfront Cottages

Website

Dogs not allowed inside when we stayed there (couple of years ago) but a nice place.

Clean, self-contained, near lake and good facilities- communal BBQ area with fireplace. -Poodle wrangler

Turon Gates

Website

We've stayed there a few times & enjoyed it & so have the dogs. You need to be self sufficient but Capertee is not too far away & there's a pub there. Incavale

Hi all :cheer: We recently stayed at Woodies Cottage in Cootamundra www.woodiescottage.net

Pets by arrangement - we stayed there with our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel & it was great. Allowed inside. Self-contained, good backyard however not securely fenced. Four bedrooms [can sleep 9], bbq, outdoor seating, paytv & dvd player, air-con, gas heating, 2 bathrooms, need only bring food & toiletries

cheers

Jo-Ann

• 2 weeks later...

My OH and I recently stayed at Jacaranda Cottages at Maleny (10 minutes out of town). http://www.jacarandacottages.com.au/Jacara...es/Welcome.html

We stayed at one of the smaller cottages with Monte (cocker spaniel) and he was allowed indoors with us. It is fenced all around, but if he really wanted to he could have gotten underneath the barbed wire, so he was under strict supervision the whole time whilst outside. Lots of room for the dogs to run around, and you can go walking around the area without too many hassles.

All the cabins are self contained, just need to bring your own food and toiletries, linen is provided.

Highly recommended for someone looking for a lazy weekend somewhere quiet. :cry:

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

Baileys Beach House, Goolwa

Website

I stayed in a place called baileys beach house. Its in Goolwa in SA

built safe as houses... completely dog friendly to the point of bowls and treats provided!!! close to the beach bout 5 kms. Cheep too. can sleep up to 10/11 people in beds not including floor space you can use... I had a birthday party and had all guests stay with their dogs was lovely.

Cant recommend these guys enough!!!!!! -GoldiesRgr8Poodles2

Ceduna Cottage, Ceduna

Website

they were really good, There were a few gaps in the fence, but I just stayed outside with the dogs to make sure they didnt run off. HUGE amount of sleeping room! -Teebs

Getaway Cottage, Gawler

Website

We recently stayed [2007] at the 'Getaway Cottage' with both our dogs (Joey and Renae), and were very impressed and comfortable with our stay ! :)

The cottage was very cosy, well stocked, and the spa just completed it ! :p

The fencing is ideal for small dogs too !

We highly recommend this lovely place.

The 'Whispering Wall' is a must see while you are there (You are able to take your dog/s) -JulesLuvsCavs

[taken from here ]

Southend Caravan Park, Southend :laugh: :cool: :p :laugh: :laugh:

Website

Excellent place to camp with the pooches, very friendly staff and not too busy-Easter, Victorian long weekends and Christmas. Very decent prices [$6 per person, per night for an unpowered site]. Bookings non-essential except for the afore mentioned times. Dogs must be kept on leash, picked up after and not left unattended. They have two camping grounds, as well as the caravan park, a beach front camping grounds and a bush camping grounds. We stayed in the beach front camp sites, they were very neat and well maintained, and blended well with the natural coastal environment, some camp-sites backed onto lovely beach [over the sand dunes], whilst others were tucked more into the bush but still close to the beach. -Ravyk

Wuthering Heights, Clare Valley

Website

Three heritage-style cottages located well away from one another amongst rolling hills, trees and creeks.

"Wuthering Heights", a beautiful 75 acre (30ha) property just 6 kms north of Clare township, combines the best in Clare Valley accommodation. It’s peaceful and secluded, with easy access to a host of attractions.

Each bed-and-breakfast cottage is self contained and comfortably furnished, with stunning views undisturbed by any other building.

Dogs are welcome at Wuthering Heights, subject to prior negotiation, and each cottage has a securely fenced area, near or adjoining the dwelling. Dogs are also allowed inside the cottages. There’s plenty of space for children to run around, with no traffic to worry about. -Bully

http://www.rainbowfarm.com.au/index1.htm

Stayed here with our 3 boxers, absolutely wonderful, ome environment, safe for the pooches and great for the humans. we were able to let our gorgeous deaf boy run like a looney in a safe environment. If your planning on visiting Sa or are looking for a place to tke the furkids I cant recommend this place enough.

East Devonport Tasmania - just near the Spirit of Tasmania ferry terminal. Alice beside the sea

The 2 Border Collies and I just spent a night here on our way to an obedience trial in Ulverstone. Expensive, but beautifully clean and attractively furnished. Plenty of cooking utensils, but only supplies are tea, coffee, sugar and milk, so you need to bring all your own food. Right near an extensive dog-walking coastal area where dogs can run off lead.

• 2 weeks later...

My sheltie & I stayed at a lovely, peaceful, and very private farm stay property about 20min drive inland from Wynyard (NW Tas). The property is called Newry Park Cottage and is hosted by a lovely couple. The house itself is 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, lovely open plan kitchen, dining and lounge room with wood heater. The immediate yard around the house is completely fenced (although for escape artists or larger dogs - fencing is between 1.2 and 1.5 metres). The whole property is huge with a lake near the house, lots of walking trails through paddocks and pine forests with wildlife aplenty. There are friendly ducks, geese and goats which you can feed.

Overall, a great pet friendly, family stay and very reasonably priced. Highly recommend and personally, cannot wait to go back!

Website address: www.newryparkcottage.com.au

Best Friend's Holiday Retreat Tara Valley gets a huge 5 out of 5 paws from the Rotties and us.

Ralph and Coralie were charming hosts and nothing was any trouble. Our cabin Pluto's Palace was five star in terms of space and furnishings. Roomy kitchen area. Dogs are allowed inside. Fantastic fenced off leash areas with plenty of toys on offer for use, water bowls and poopa scoopa bags/bins in every area. An agility area. And of course the big green ball.

IMGP8606.jpg

IMGP8645.jpg

IMGP8655.jpg

IMGP8660.jpg

IMGP8686.jpg

IMGP8687.jpg

Just got back from my 4 days away with my Labrador. We went to the South Coast NSW and stayed at Tomakin which has a 24 hour lease free beach. The house was like 2 mins away from the beach. I accidently met the owners Michele and Glen who are sooo nice. The house truly is a home away from home. Its by far the best place I've ever stayed with my dog and I will be going back in December ( have already booked this) but possibly before then cause I loved it so much.

The house is well furnished, well stocked with games, heaps of dvds, you don't need to bring any linen as it's all provided. You just need to bring your dogs bedding. Dogs are allowed in the house and are not restricted to just the laundry or outside. The place is also fully fenced and has a single car garage but plently of room for more cars. There are 3 bedrooms, 2 of them with queen sized beds and 1 with two single beds. There is also supplies if you have a baby.

They have dog bowls provided and spare leashes and dog towels. I know I will only be staying at these owner's places when I go down the the south coast.

Here is the web address if anyone is interested. I will post some pics of Sasha there tommorrow. :-)

http://wagsawaypetholidays.com.au/index.html

A couple of recommendations. I stayed at these en route from Sydney to Adelaide last week and they were great.

Narrandera Caravan Park

Ken & Barbara Jones

Junction Newell & Sturt Highways

Narrandera 2700

(02) 6959 2955

www.narranderacaravanpark.com.au

River Road Caravan Park

Debbie & Peter Anderson

199 Ranfurly Way

Mildura VIC 3502

(03) 5025 2772

www.riverroad.com.au

Both were fabulous, with perfectly adequate cabin accommodation which allows the dogs inside. Hosts were very friendly & helpful.

Usual rules of course - no dogs off leash & pick up poop. Neither had naoff-leash area on site, but had lots of walking areas, and in Mildura there's walking tracks along the river where you could let them off just across the road.

Edited by MadWoofter

Last weekend I camped at Wymah Valley Holiday Park in Albury/Wodonga with my dogs. Being off season it was very peaceful and the manager was kind enough to direct me to somewhere I could let the dogs run and swim after long days at an obedience seminar. It's normally dogs on lead and they are only allowed at camping sites as I imagine people broke the rules about no dogs in cabins. I had an ensuite camping site which was just fantastic. It's about half an hour's drive from Albury but so much quieter because, unlike many of the other grounds that allow dogs, it's right off the Hume.

Wish I could have stayed longer :)

am looking for dog friendly accomodation, we will be travelling from Townsville to Stanthorpe, so we are looking at an overnight stay somewhere near miriam vale, gin gin or childers. Dog is house trained, toilet trained and doesnt bark. If she is allowed inside in the laundry or bathroom that would be great otherwise I am making arrangements to be in a tent with her or in the car (oh what fun). We will arrive approx 7 pm and will be leaving at 7 am so its just to sleep, if anyone has any suggestions.

I stayed at Ardeanal Motel in West Wyalong last weekend with two dogs. I stayed in their 'pet friendly' room which although basic was nice and clean with tv, microwave, fridge, some crockery etc. Very comfortable and the people were very nice. They did ask several times if my dogs barked, which they don't (unless provoked). I would recommend the Motel for anyone with well behaved dogs, and I'll probably be back!

Has anyone stayed at the Sebel Pier One (sydney) or the Observatory Hotel? The observatory has a size restriction on the dogs they allow into their dog friendly rooms, but Pier One is saying they don't discriminate (you have your own entrance though) and pooch's own room service menu!

http://www.sebelpierone.com.au/content_common/pg-sydney-pet-friendly-hotel.seo

Sorry this isn't a recommendation, but really would like to hear if anyone has been and if you do or don't recommend it for a special treat...