Pet Friendly Accommodation

Ravyk

If you are looking for somewhere cheap to camp/caravan with your dog/s, horse, etc we stayed at Jugiong Show ground a week ago and it was great for camping, lovely and grassy with some nice big shade trees, toilet block, barbecue and kids playground a short walk away. No free showers but it is right next to the public swimming pool so if you were desperate you could pay for a swim and have a shower while you were there :p It's also essentially free, they only ask a gold coin donation towards the upkeep of the grounds. No booking is needed but I imagine it wouldn't be avilable during events so maybe worth googling incase there is a country show, etc on.

I didnt go through the whole posts so it may have been mentioned but an update to Countrywide cottages in Bambra Vic ( listed under Vic at the start) they do now have fully fenced HUGE yards. The yards can be accessed from the decks if you dog is fine going up and down stairs or ther is also a gate at the fron if your dogs cant do stairs. Fantastic location and VERY dog friendly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK - more than a month late - but here are some places the dogs and I stayed on our mainland trip in June - all highly recommended by me and the dogs. All dogs allowed inside - I always ask before I book - and explain that my dogs are obedience trained, used to staying in dog-friendly accommodation, and can provide references. :)

Penrith

Cabrera Cottage Cabrera Cottage Penrith

Recently renovated - open plan, comfy, huge back deck, good sized fenced back yard - easy to get to shops and to Northern Road and the M$. Would be very handy for Erskine park. Owner was very pleasant and helpful.

We had to go to another location for the last weekend as the Cottage was booked. Were supposed to go here which would have been just round the corner, but because there was a maintencance problem, the owner arranged for us to stay on the other side of the river, in an apartment under her house - no fenced yard - but very comfortable - the river was just across the road. Again, easy access to M4. Waterview Apartments

New Berrima - Southern Highlands NSW - lovely place - big back yard - close to SH Kennel and Obedience Club grounds - recently renovated to a high spec - big back deck - and even a pizza oven outside! Fenced yard (not jumper proof though).

Blue Cottage

Torrumbarry (Vic) - on the the Murray River about 30 km west of Echuca - Sunset Cottage. Beautiful cottage, with its own small fenced yard, built on owners' 5 acre property - virtual river frontage. Lovely owners - house dogs are fenced - can walk through the property to the river, or go round the road.

And for Adelaide ... there are several dog-friendly in Glenelg - very handy - walking distance to beach. We stayed in Ocean Mist - older style - but comfortable. Yard is very small, but with the nice walks near by, it was big enough.

Edited by Tassie

• 1 month later...

Midway Motel, Kaniva, Vic. Stayed there on the way to and on the way back from the Adelaide Royal. For $15 extra was able to have Warrior in the room in his crate. Lovely cooked breakfast available and was $78 for a single per night. Basic but very clean and comfortable. Plenty of towels and hot water.

A few weeks ago I took the pugs down to Callala Beach, at Jervis Bay and we stayed here: http://www.stayz.com.au/accommodation/nsw/south-coast/jervis-bay/7287

It's a 3 bedroom pet friendly house within walking distance from the beach, where dogs are allowed in the house (just not on the furniture or beds). The backyard is fenced, but some of the fences are very low (waist height), the downstairs floors are all lino so easy to sweep up any sand tracked in from the beach, and there was a bottle of champagne in the fridge on arrival.

We'll be going back for sure, it was just perfect.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi DOL travel-brains!

Looking to take off camping for a weekend in Vic but have no idea where to start.

We were looking somewhere nice and lakeside where dogs are welcome, perhaps the Murray… Not fussed how far we need to drive, we’re off for an adventure!

Looks like lots of dog friendly places but none where there’s any area for dogs to have an off-lead swim.

Don’t mind heading off the beaten track either, any suggestions for spots or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Hi DOL travel-brains!

Looking to take off camping for a weekend in Vic but have no idea where to start.

We were looking somewhere nice and lakeside where dogs are welcome, perhaps the Murray… Not fussed how far we need to drive, we’re off for an adventure!

Looks like lots of dog friendly places but none where there’s any area for dogs to have an off-lead swim.

Don’t mind heading off the beaten track either, any suggestions for spots or am I barking up the wrong tree?

My favourites have been Bright, Lakes Entrance and Mildura but we go outside of school holidays and often in the cooler months.

Hi DOL travel-brains!

We were looking somewhere nice and lakeside where dogs are welcome, perhaps the Murray… Not fussed how far we need to drive, we're off for an adventure!

Looks like lots of dog friendly places but none where there's any area for dogs to have an off-lead swim.

Don't mind heading off the beaten track either, any suggestions for spots or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Have stayed at Morning Glory River Resort overnight. It was great and right on the Murray. Would have liked to stay longer.

It is on NSW side of the river.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

We just did a trip from Canberra to Brisbane and back. Three out of the four places I would recommend. We travelled with our two Aussie Shepherds, the four year old is well behaved but the puppy (5 months) is a bit of a ratbag so we took a crate for him but the older dog was able to be free in all accommodation.

Warners Bay, Newcastle - Tantarra B&B. Dogs allowed in rooms. The two other couples staying also had dogs and we were able to have them at the (delicious) breakfast table of a morning :) We stayed in the smallest room which was very cozy but had a small courtyard which came in handy while showering etc.

Armidale - Deer Park Motor Inn. Basic motel accommodation but clean and pleasant. Room quite big for a motel room. Dogs allowed in rooms. Dog friendly rooms all up the end with a patch of grass for ablutions.

Gilgandra - Gilgandra Caravan Park. We stayed in one of the pet friendly cabins. The grounds were very spacious. Cabin was clean and had all mod cons, dogs allowed inside. Hosts are very friendly towards humans and dogs.

• 2 months later...

Berrigan Motel in Berrigan, NSW near Finley, Jerilderie and Cobram allows pets in the room for an additional $10. Pet must have own bedding and can't be left unattended. There are lovely gardens to explore and an adjacent golf course that allows pets provided all mess is cleaned up. Perfect overnight stop on the Melbourne - Sydney or Melbourne - QLD trip. Lovely quiet motel.

www.berriganmotel.com.au

• 2 weeks later...

We had to go to another location for the last weekend as the Cottage was booked. Were supposed to go here which would have been just round the corner, but because there was a maintencance problem, the owner arranged for us to stay on the other side of the river, in an apartment under her house - no fenced yard - but very comfortable - the river was just across the road. Again, easy access to M4. Waterview Apartments

Probably as good a time as any to put in a note about making sure your booking is rock solid if there is a big event on, like Agility Nationals etc - your booking price and conditions may get changed on you if there is a big demand for pet friendly properties over that time frame. :eek: Not nice to find your long booked accommodation plans go down the chute because someone got greedy, especially when you'd stayed there before :(

• 1 month later...

Hi there Everyone,

Can anyone recommend a pet friendly accommodation in Bowral, NSW?

i've poured through every page and am going through stayz website but thought to ask and we can add that to the NSW list. :o

Hi there Everyone,

i've poured through every page and am going through stayz website but thought to ask and we can add that to the NSW list. :o

This one's not Bowral itself, but about 10 minutesminutes away. Blue Cottage in New Bettina was lovely when I stayed there last year. Dogs inside, but not in bedrooms .. renovated to a high spec, great undercover deck area at the back, and lovely fenced back yard for dogs to play.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there Everyone,

The other thing I do is to google each stayz property I am i terested in. Occassionally they pop up listed on other list sites and say pet friendly when it doesn't mention on stayz. Very research heavy though!