Pet Friendly Accommodation

Ravyk

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend somewhere around the warragul, morwell area in victoria that is pet friendly dogs must be allowed inside or at least inside in crates.

Or decent boarding kennels in the area as last resort.

Both are small dogs and desexed.

Thanks Storm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking for a pet friendly in Rockhampton I would recommend

www.ambassadormotel.com.au/‎

Dogs are allowed in the rooms which was great for me.

The motel is quite old and very run down and the new owners are slowly remodelling.

My room was clean, basic but comfortable.

The owners were friendly and room service was prompt

I stayed at the Bushmans Retreat Pet Friendly Motel at Gundagai last week on my way to Melbourne from Sydney. It gets negative reviews on trip advisor but I'm so glad I ignored them as I thought it was fabulous. The young guy Yash that runs it couldn't do enough for us. The motel is old and dated but I prefer to look at as retro lol. The room was spotlessly clean, yes the trucks were loud as it's close to the Hume but I was so tired it didn't worry me. The dogs are allowed in the room and the homecooked meal I ordered, which was delicious and huge, was delivered to my room as I didn't want to leave the dogs. Plenty of room to walk the dogs, a tiny TV, microwave and fresh milk for coffee which is a rarity. I paid $85 for the night including the dogs midweek, can't beat that! I highly recommend it, tell Yash Lynn with the greyhounds sent you :)

http://www.bushmansretreat.com.au/

post-38965-0-93673700-1415574443_thumb.jpg

post-38965-0-79042900-1415574457_thumb.jpg

Edited by HazyWal

• 2 weeks later...

I have to work in Brisbane for 4 months starting in December and I am having trouble finding accommodation for Zoe and myself. If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. My work will be based in the city.

Zoe normally sleeps in a crate and can be an outside dog but I would prefer if I can also have her inside when I am home.

And here is the obligatory photo

post-51902-0-65106600-1416617427_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elmo&Zoe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

We stayed at Dunalan Cottages on the Vic/SA border with our dog & two horses - fantastic :D gorgeous cottage, lovely people & so easy. We had Tundra in the kitchen and he stayed in there for the night as understandably they didn't want him in the lounge room (new cream carpet). If we weren't exhausted we could have gotten his crate out of the float biggrin.gif luckily he was ok.

We also stayed at Madura pass with the dog & there were signs saying no pets allowed but I think because we asked nicely biggrin.gif (and it was 8pm and we were sick of dodging roos by then eek1.gif )

In Bendigo there's also the Entry Motel (or something like that) and they let us have Tundra in the building with us. There's a little courtyard for dogs to do their business that's completely fenced. We had Tundra in the crate inside with us - he was a flipping champ, not a peep (even after being cooped up in the car all day!).

Its probably been put up already but we stayed at the Mackellar Motel in Gunnedah 2 weekends ago and it was great. The dogs are allowed in the big rooms and a huge tiled bathroom with lots of room in the shower to wash your 4 legged friends. The heat lamps in the bathroom were great for drying them off and warming them off ready for the next days showing. Really friendly staff and a free continental breakfast every morning :).

This weekend were off to Canberra and the next weekend Bungendore and are staying at the Grand Manor Motor Inn both times, again another hotel that allows dogs in the room. Hopefully it will be nice.

Then there is some talk of going to Dubbo where we are booked in to stay at the Dubbo City Holiday Park where they have pet friendly cabins including your own fenced yard for your precious hounds :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All, we've recently adopted a third rescue dog, and suddenly found that most places allow 2 dogs, but not 3. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to stay that would allow a family of 5 humans and 3 dogs? Looking for a week away somewhere within 4 hours from Brisbane preferably - northern NSW through to Bundaberg and hinterland throughout that area would be great... thanks for any suggestions!

Sawtell Caravan Park at Coffs Harbour has just become dog friendly...not sure about being allowed in cabins, but you can check here Sawtell Beach Caravan Park

From their website ...

Rules for Dog Owner’s

Please comply with the following rules whilst staying at Sawtell Beach Holiday Park.

Keep your dog on a leash or in your vehicle at all times whilst in the park.

Pick up all POOP immediately and dispose of properly.

No dog is to be left unattended at anytime. Take your dog with you whenever you go out. Boarding Kennels are available nearby for a small fee. Enquiries at reception.

Do not allow your dog to bark or make other noise.

Pets are only permitted in our Pet Friendly Cabins. We require $100 cash bond on arrival which will be refunded on departure after your cabin has been inspected.

Pets are not permitted in the amenity buildings at any time.

The closest ‘leash free beach’ is north of the railway bridge on Boambee Beach and Jetty Beach. (see map on reverse). The northern end of Sawtell Beach allows dogs on a leash. For more information check with reception.

As the dog owner you accept full responsibility for any personal injury or damage caused by your dog whilst in our park and reserve areas.

Management reserves the right to restrict number of dogs per site (2 only) and refuse entry to dangerous breeds and aggressive dogs.

Dogs are not allowed during NSW School Holidays.

We hope that you and your dog enjoy your stay and thank you for your cooperation.

• 5 weeks later...