Pet Friendly Accommodation

Ravyk

Can anyone recommend dog friendly accommodation on the Central Coast within easy drive to Gorokan where dogs are allowed inside.

www.oceanpaws.com.au.This is a house in Terrigal and dogs are more than welome inside.Kerry is fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend dog friendly accommodation on the Central Coast within easy drive to Gorokan where dogs are allowed inside.

www.oceanpaws.com.au.This is a house in Terrigal and dogs are more than welome inside.Kerry is fantastic.

Pet Resorts Australia at Terrigal is the very best you will find and it is a home away from home for your pets. Outstanding facilities and outstanding care for your pets. go to www.petresortsaustralia.com.au

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for pet friendly accomodation around Nyora, stayed in the Korrumburra motel last time but it's been sold & no dogs allowed now, any suggestions would be appreciated. I've got 4 dogs so would need to be able to have them inside, to many to leave in the car all night.

• 3 weeks later...

NSW:

Just wanted to add a recommendation for a B&B at Coffs Harbour - Wagtail Cottage (http://www.wagtailcottage.com.au/)

We stayed here in October when I was driving from Sydney to Brisbane as a place to stop and break the journey for a night - and we will absolutely be back again, for a week next time! A gorgeous spot in the countryside, there's a small kitchenette with fridge/freezer, microwave, sink etc. There's a BBQ for your exclusive use. The courtyard is secure and for your sole use. Dogs cannot be left alone there, but with cooking facilities and recommendations for local dog-friendly eateries you don't need to leave the dogs there. Dogs can go inside and on the furniture but you need to take your own covers to protect the sofa or bed etc (an old sheet is fine, and all I took). Entire area is tiled so easy to sweep/clean etc.

Loads of dog-friendly walks and beaches nearby, I absolutely adored it and can't wait till we go back for our holibobs :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.southcathedralfarm.com/html/s01_home/home.asp

We spent the weekend here and it was stunning!! Not many of the luxurious places allow dogs so it was just awesome to be able to take both Rottweilers with us! :thumbsup:

The people in the other cottage had what looked like 2 Schipperkes :D

The hosts were very welcoming, breakfasts provisions were generous in both quantity and variety.

The dogs had a swim in the dam and a run around on the property. We took our doggy dryer so they would be dry going back inside.

We had a big hike to keppel lookout, the dogs coped fine, we worked hard :laugh:

Came "home" and had a spa, one of those cool effective bath like spas, not those big triangle things where you have to move around to feel the jets! :laugh:

Loved this place and will be going back, hopefully in the winter so we can use the open fire :D

It's also nice to support the community after the Black Saturday Tragedy, mind you these guys work hard to provide a 5 star accommodation!

Would recommend it to anyone looking for a luxurious, romantic type getaway, without having to leave the dogs behind!

Well for those of you like me who tend to miss the dogs and wonder how they are going :p

Edited by oonga

The dogs and I stayed here in Ballarat at the weekend - a lovely older house, beautifully decorated - lovely restful, comfortable feel to it, dogs allowed inside, and secure locked back courtyard, and fenced front yard (not secure for confirmed jumpers though). And very close to a lovely parklands area, including the local obedience club grounds.

hey all new to the forum we took our baby to Anglers rest - cabins at Greenwell Point on the south coast the other week. Great spot so quiet & with a boat ramp accross the street! we are going back again at the end of the year when it gets warmer! I struggled to find some where near the water that allowed dogs & wasnt a tent! Will have to borwse this thread for other places!

• 2 weeks later...

We have recently had a short stay over the Easter break at Tail Waggers in Tweed Heads . Beautiful part of the world. Hinterland, green rolling hills & water views from your cabin which has a doggie door & secure yard. Cabins are basic but quite o.k. Must take own food though. If you want to get away from it all, Tailwaggers is the place to go. We loved it.

Edited by BC Crazy

• 2 weeks later...

Agnes Water, QLD

http://www.gibsonspetfriendly.com/

This place was fabulous, it was a short drive to the beach or you could walk depending on which one you wanted to go to. We often took the dogs up to 1770 which is a 5 minute drive, so they could play in the shallow water in the cove instead of getting flattened by the waves.. They had an absolute ball and it was a fantastic house to stay in. Plenty of room for lots of people (just my OH and I went), but it had a dog door into the courtyard and a box of toys for them to play with. Only thing we did find was that we locked them in at night time, so they couldn't chase the toads in the courtyard (it was the end of January) otherwise highly recommended!

I stayed in East Melbourne/Richmond last week, at Birches Services Apartments, with my Pug.

http://www.birches.com.au/

I'd definitely recommend them if travelling with a small dog or two and wanting to stay close to the city. They ask you to take something to cover the lounges and beds if the dogs will be on them, and since all the furniture is white (although "lived in" condition, not new) I think that's fair. (although I did see some other rooms and they had black lounges, so not all rooms had white). The room did have carpet, but it was "lived in" as well, and not perfectly clean so I didn't spend the whole time worrying Max would dirty it from all the sticks she sneaks in from her walks.

The staff there are lovely and friendly, there is carparking on site and supermarkets within walking distance. Cafe's also within walking distance that have outdoor pet friendly tables, and a few restaurants. Tram stop almost at the door, and you can legally smuggle dogs on trams in Melbourne!

Also lots of parks close by, including some off-leash ones.

Edited by minimax

• 4 weeks later...

Phillip Island, VIC

http://www.stayz.com.au/62516

We have just come back from a lovely weekend at 'Seventh Wave' beach house on Phillip Island. Went with a few friends as it is a lovely big house; and had a ball! My friend brought a dog and so did we and it was very dog friendly. Dogs are allowed inside, bowls /beds provided etc. It's really well set up, everything you could need in the kitchen! It was just across the road from the beach - one of the dogs allowed beaches of phillip island (Have to be careful what time of year you go though as part of the year dogs aren't allowed on the beaches). The dogs had a ball and I will most definitely be going back - the house was just amazing - so relaxing, great views.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

NEW SOUTH WALES

Riverwood Downs, Hunter Valley

Website

we stayed here (before had our pup tho - he actually comes from there tho) the place is great, plenty of accommodation options, restaurant is awesome, whole atmosphere is very relaxing -auir

I would highly recommend Riverwood Downs as well. (Though it has been about seven years, so not sure if it is still the same as when we went). It is such a beautiful place, and the staff were so lovely. Others had their dogs with them, and they certainly seemed to love it!

• 2 weeks later...

this one can be added to the SA list:

Clare Valley Cabins

Hubbe Rd

Clare

There are 8 self contained cabins and a converted chapel which we're staying in as i type. All dogs are welcome inside, but they do ask you notify them of a dog coming when you book.

It's a privately owned 51 acre bushland property. The property itself is a shared space between all the guest and unless your dog has fabulous recall i'd recommend it stay on a lead or long line lead. This weekend some dog owners have had their dog on leads and there were no issues...the dogs that were off lead had no recall and were being a menace. After one dog kept coming over to us with Wilbur on a lead (a good 50 to 100 meters away from its owners) i asked the owner to put it on a lead; they spent the next 10 minutes chasing it :laugh: after i'd had my entertainment i gave them 2 pieces of sausage roll so they could catch their dog.

There are no fenced yards to keep dogs in; so if you want your dog outside for an outdoor respite you could probably tether it...but with the likelihood of other unrestrained dogs around it's probably not a good idea. Having no fencing is not a concern for me as we're only here a weekend and Wilbur prefers to be with us anyway.

Edited by suziwong66

Dogs and I had a lovely night last night in Lockhart NSW in The Little Rose Cottage. Lovely old house - full of character, did inside and good size fenced yard ( though not safe for serious jumpers). Town has a lovely feel to it. Good option for a first night if you're travelling up the Newell from Melbourne or for an extended stay. The town has a big festival in October. Tonight is Dubbo Goode Times apartment -Dogs inside, high fenced yard. Also very comfortable and highly recommended.