Frogs Frogs And More Frogs (more Pics Added)+++++

Riley James

Hi all,

Here a few pics of my other obsession. My Frogs.

These guys are Red eye tree frogs AKA Litoria chloris.

IMG_12442.jpg

IMG_12352.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

I had a play around with the coloring of this one

IMG_1245-3.jpg

And this is over kill in the color stakes lol but I just wanted to see how it could look

IMG_1245-2.jpg

Newcamera2850925609008CR21.jpg

And this is a different angle lol

Newcamera2850925609241.jpg

Cheers Janet

Edited by Riley James

Awww I Love green tree frogs! :cry::mad Are they hard to look after?

ari.g I have had my guys for around 3 maybe 4 years now and I find them so so easy to look after.

Once the tank is setup there is really nothing much to do except a water top up and a bit of a clean every now and then.

And of course the feeding of live crickets.

I am in Victoria so I have to heat my tanks but I see your in Queensland so it would be easier for you.

But I also know that you cant buy frogs easily in Queensland, so that would be the hard part for you.

Justice shades hehehehe they are just so cute :mad ;) ;) :rofl:

I love their colors and their feet/toes makes me go all gooey inside hahahaha.

Cheers Janet

this is one of my new frogs, its less than 1cm long [sorry about the crappy image quality-it was shot through glass with the flash]

7829_280288495706_527300706_9197415_866927_n.jpg

Hi Ravyk, what type of frog is this one? Do you have others?

Hi staff'n'Toller,

No they are NOT kept together. The green tree frog would eat the red eye's in about 2 secs flat. Not a good thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are in seperate vivariums (tanks) but the tanks are side by side. (with greenery inbetween so they cant see each other)

The red eyes sit up very high in the tank where I find the greens dont go up as high.

I find the red eye's are very very flighty. They take off at the slighlest movement (when they are awake anyway)

I really only handle them to move then around tank if I am cleaning it. (but they are geting better the more they are handled)

But the greens I handle a fair bit, its funny how they have personalitys and onein particular likes to be handled.

I also have a yound one (green) and he has rarely been handled but is still as quiet as can be.

I love them both for different reasons The greesn because I can handle them a little and I just love the look of the red eyes.

I also got the red eyes as tads and watched them morph, so I have a bit of an attachment because of that.

Sorry to ramble on but I did say they are my other OBSESSION lol

I have some pics to post a bit later of my other 2 greens Fernando and Darius after I have reduced there size (the pics size that is lol)

Cheers Janet

Ok just cose I cant help myself :laugh: :laugh: :(:rofl: :rofl: :)

Here are a couple more pics

This is Fernando

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

And this is Darius. Darius is a young frog he turns one around January

IMG_0027.jpg

He seems to have great color most of the time. (they all change color all the time but some are prettier than others)

IMG_0029.jpg

This is Fernando with Darius on top getting a free ride hahahaha.

Nothing quite like a froggie cuddle :p :p

IMG_0014.jpg

And once again a red eye I took all these pic today :D :D :D

IMG_0042.jpg

Cheers Janet

Edited by Riley James

this is one of my new frogs, its less than 1cm long [sorry about the crappy image quality-it was shot through glass with the flash]

Ravyk What type of frog is this one??????

Post some pics of your other frogs pretty please :laugh: :laugh: :(

You cant have too many pics of frogs IMO.

Cheers Janet

Frog story for you

I posted about my cats bringing frogs in, they havent done it for a while.

I was cleaning today, was in the wardrobe and saw a huge bit of fluff in the corner, picked it up, and it jumped at me! Bloody cats had a frog hidden in there, he was covered in fur, poor thing, i moved him outside, hope he stays out there! :laugh:

Hi Ravyk, what type of frog is this one? Do you have others?

Ravyk What type of frog is this one??????

Post some pics of your other frogs pretty please :p ;) :laugh:

You cant have too many pics of frogs IMO.

Cheers Janet

Its an eastern common froglet [Crinia signifera] I have 3 of them [had 5 but two got sucked into the filter :rofl: even through the netting over it] and about 15 taddies of the same species. Once all the taddies are frogs, they're being released [my g/parents dropped them around as my cousin caught and kept them :p].

I'll see if I can find pics of my GTF. They're not the best specimens-got them from a friend who was sold a fluro rather than a UV so they have rickets, and one is quite badly deformed but they are happy and can still hunt which is good.