Another Poll

lmwvic

If it's a dog that is attacking or has been involved in an attack, then why not ? It's dangerous , isn't it ?

Yer well that really depends on what you call an attack. What if you dog is attacked but overpowers the attacker and badly hurts or kills it. is your dog then dangerous? What if bystanders punched and kicked your dog in an effort to separate them only enraging your dog that was 2 minutes earlier minding its own business, but is now labeled a dangerous dog. And because no one knows how to separate fighting dogs the ranger just shots your dog.

If there's a dangerous breed, if there's a restricted dog, and it's running along the street, with no collar, and not muzzled, that dog will be taken in by council and put down," Mr Brumby said.

Maybe I have misread but don't think he is talking about a person walking their dog that is assumably compliant with the laws. If you have a declared/restictricted dog out roaming or not reg then while it is harsh you have no one to blame but yourself.

If there's a dangerous breed, if there's a restricted dog, and it's running along the street, with no collar, and not muzzled, that dog will be taken in by council and put down," Mr Brumby said.

Maybe I have misread but don't think he is talking about a person walking their dog that is assumably compliant with the laws. If you have a declared/restictricted dog out roaming or not reg then while it is harsh you have no one to blame but yourself.

You got it in one.

In a nutshell if you have a Pit Bull or a dog that could be mistaken for one and it's out roaming, council will have the power to seize and euth it, with no avenue of appeal for the owners.

Chip, register and make sure your dogs are wearing ID and I'd go so far as to tattoo the ear.